ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, AllanH20, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 36,922
And1: 9,990
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#881 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 1, 2017 6:49 pm

ClydeRules wrote:I'm hearing that David Wright still can't throw and I'm guessing can't swing a bat either. What to do with him?


Let him get the rest and treatment he needs and then see if he can get it together down in Florida where the weather is warm. We may just be getting to the end of the rope with him, unfortunately. Hopefully, this will allow the Mets' insurance policy on him to kick in.

Jose will be the everyday starting third baseman, which is better for the team anyhow. Now we have a leadoff hitter.
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 479
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#882 » by ClydeRules » Sat Apr 1, 2017 10:38 pm

Seth Lugo is starting the season on the DL due to elbow soreness, joining Matz and Lagares. He pitched a lot in that World Championship series. It's a good thing that this team is so deep!
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 36,922
And1: 9,990
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#883 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 2, 2017 4:44 am

ClydeRules wrote:Seth Lugo is starting the season on the DL due to elbow soreness, joining Matz and Lagares. He pitched a lot in that World Championship series. It's a good thing that this team is so deep!


I heard only "arm fatigue." Didn't hear anything about soreness though I wouldn't be surprised. Also, MRI came back negative. So, overall, I think it's good news.

Still, f*ck these WBC series. If it's my team, it's in all my players contracts. WBC ist verboten. You can't start off the season pitching like it's the freaking World Series. Thankfully, we still have enough pitching. I think Lugo will be fine. I'm not concerned.
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 1,375
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#884 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 2, 2017 12:42 pm

i can finally be happy when my team wins :rock: 1 more day
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 479
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#885 » by ClydeRules » Sun Apr 2, 2017 2:39 pm

The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 1,375
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#886 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:03 pm

ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?

When I was younger I use to hate when they won. Now I don't really care. As long as we beat them when we plays each other so I don't hear **** from my co workers.

But i also like how they are doing their rebuild
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,722
And1: 2,646
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: A Man's Gotta Have a Code.

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#887 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:45 pm

ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?


It's heresy... no matter how you look at it. The Yankees indeed got some kids that's easy to root for... and they didn't have to be bad for multiple years. So yeah, screw them. Being able to cash in on Chapman and Miller was brilliant, but they cheated the entire process. When you load up the farm system you have to be bad for a few years, a bad year for them is barely missing the playoffs. Long live the days of Dave Mlicki!
Fondle 'Em Records
DJ Premier X Black Thought X KRS-One X LOX
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 36,922
And1: 9,990
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#888 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 3, 2017 5:59 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?


It's heresy... no matter how you look at it. The Yankees indeed got some kids that's easy to root for... and they didn't have to be bad for multiple years. So yeah, screw them. Being able to cash in on Chapman and Miller was brilliant, but they cheated the entire process. When you load up the farm system you have to be bad for a few years, a bad year for them is barely missing the playoffs. Long live the days of Dave Mlicki!


Wait until they sign Harvey as a FA. :lol:
User avatar
Lotsix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 946
And1: 217
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
         

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#889 » by Lotsix » Mon Apr 3, 2017 9:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:The Yankees open today, a day before the Mets do. I'll be rooting for them too and I like what they've done so far with their rebuild. Does anyone else here enjoy having both New York teams doing well besides me or is that heresy?


It's heresy... no matter how you look at it. The Yankees indeed got some kids that's easy to root for... and they didn't have to be bad for multiple years. So yeah, screw them. Being able to cash in on Chapman and Miller was brilliant, but they cheated the entire process. When you load up the farm system you have to be bad for a few years, a bad year for them is barely missing the playoffs. Long live the days of Dave Mlicki!


Wait until they sign Harvey as a FA. :lol:

Mets won't let that happen plus the Yankees will never learn, grow through your system not sign all these high profile players.


Mets will win the WS this season
Image
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 479
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#890 » by ClydeRules » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:36 pm

I went to Opening Day for the Mets today. It was a nice day and we won 6-0. Thor got a blister so that's 3 of our starters injured already but we have depth and should be fine. Bartolo Colon got a big hand before the game as did R.A. Dickey, who we can thank for
Syndergaard and D'arnaud so I applauded him too. My impression of the team is that we have tremendous depth in all of our pitching (I really like our bullpen!) and offensively we're slow and we're going to strike out a helluva a lot but we will hit a TON of home runs.
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 1,375
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#891 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:37 pm

welp

we've have our first casualty

RIP seth lugo's arm. only the mets go from, he's ok to, uh oh, 10 day DL to he's gunna miss significant time lol.
User avatar
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 25,533
And1: 3,254
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
Location: Not Houston
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#892 » by TMU » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:49 pm

I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.
Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 39,728
And1: 4,553
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#893 » by magnumt » Mon Apr 3, 2017 10:57 pm

TMU wrote:I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.


Spoiler:
Image

Image


:wave: :wave: :wave:

--Mags :beer:
      #JoshJackson2Knicks
          :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
User avatar
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 25,533
And1: 3,254
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
Location: Not Houston
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#894 » by TMU » Mon Apr 3, 2017 11:00 pm

magnumt wrote:
TMU wrote:I can't stand the Yankees and would never root them unless they play the Phillies, Braves or Nationals.... just all despicable teams. I can only deal with the Marlins in the NL East.


Spoiler:
Image

Image


:wave: :wave: :wave:

--Mags :beer:


But I love everything else about you Mags. :oops:
Image
ClydeRules
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 479
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#895 » by ClydeRules » Mon Apr 3, 2017 11:22 pm

On the Yankee thread they're already talking about tanking. :nod: :D :lol:
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,368
And1: 3,742
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#896 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 1:12 am

Don't know why Mets fans have such anguish against Yankees and their fan base. I'm a Yankees fan through and through, but like to see the Mets winning more than any team I'm not a fan of in the metropolitan area. Baseball is a different sport in that regard, in my opinion. I really like what Sandy is building.
Image
[Build-a-Label] - TDE
K. Dot
The Alchemist
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica
Pusha T
User avatar
Lotsix
Pro Prospect
Posts: 946
And1: 217
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
         

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#897 » by Lotsix » Tue Apr 4, 2017 2:22 am

It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.
Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,368
And1: 3,742
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#898 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:26 am

Lotsix wrote:It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.


As a Yankees fan, I hated those years. 2009 was the least enjoyable championship ever. Didn't even celebrate. I was totally against signing everyone. I love Hal's re-focus to cutting cots to make us a normal team once again.
Image
[Build-a-Label] - TDE
K. Dot
The Alchemist
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica
Pusha T
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 1,375
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#899 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Apr 4, 2017 3:51 am

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.


As a Yankees fan, I hated those years. 2009 was the least enjoyable championship ever. Didn't even celebrate. I was totally against signing everyone. I love Hal's re-focus to cutting cots to make us a normal team once again.
"least enjoyable championship"

yankee fan problems
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,368
And1: 3,742
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#900 » by Mecca » Tue Apr 4, 2017 11:31 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:It isn't so much this current team as in years passed when it was high profile signing after signing rather than building through the farm system, that and all met fans have that one yankee fan friend that makes them unbearable lol.


As a Yankees fan, I hated those years. 2009 was the least enjoyable championship ever. Didn't even celebrate. I was totally against signing everyone. I love Hal's re-focus to cutting cots to make us a normal team once again.
"least enjoyable championship"

yankee fan problems


It wasn't enjoyable. It was like using cheat codes in grand theft auto
Image
[Build-a-Label] - TDE
K. Dot
The Alchemist
Lupe Fiasco
Jay Electronica
Pusha T

Return to New York Knicks