ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatorade: Still want Lowry?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Re: Hatorade: Still want Lowry? 

Post#61 » by ChilledAlex » Sun May 22, 2016 9:17 am

BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:better than calderon

At least CalderĆ³n has heart.

--Mags

Calderon has intellect, he can shoot, and he has a great character. He's just really slow from age. I know he understands this, and I don't believe he insisted that he start last year.

We all hated seeing him constantly getting beat by the oppose point guard, often pulling one of our bigs out of place. He wasn't the cause of the problem. If we played him as a 4th or 5th guard for a few minutes when we needed to settle the team down, we might all be praising how much he contributed at his age. Just like JR f'ed up when he was our second option but contributes In a limited role for Cleveland, Jose could have contributed in a limited role. The problem was just that we didn't have anybody good enough to start for us, until Jerian grew a pair late in the season.

Sasha > Calderon on both ends and on the bench as a cheerleader

if I had to pick Sasha for vet min or Calderon for vet min I'd take Sasha 10/10 times
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,260
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#62 » by BKlutch » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

Calderon has intellect, he can shoot, and he has a great character. He's just really slow from age. I know he understands this, and I don't believe he insisted that he start last year.

We all hated seeing him constantly getting beat by the oppose point guard, often pulling one of our bigs out of place. He wasn't the cause of the problem. If we played him as a 4th or 5th guard for a few minutes when we needed to settle the team down, we might all be praising how much he contributed at his age. Just like JR f'ed up when he was our second option but contributes In a limited role for Cleveland, Jose could have contributed in a limited role. The problem was just that we didn't have anybody good enough to start for us, until Jerian grew a pair late in the season.

if I had to pick Sasha for vet min or Calderon for vet min I'd take Sasha 10/10 times

It took him almost a full season to play well. But when he did, he was fine as a backup. We got him after Calderon.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,260
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#63 » by BKlutch » Sun May 22, 2016 12:17 pm

About Lowry: last night he played well. I saw Shumpert stinking up the place and missing yet another layup. If he played in our team now, we'd all hate him. The only thing I like about him is his cartoon hair.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#64 » by Jadoogar » Sun May 22, 2016 4:59 pm

E-Balla wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:Lowry is simply Jrue Holiday kind of player.

Even a healthy Jrue Holiday to me > Lowry

When healthy Jrue was the number 2 on a 45 win squad. Lowry is the number one on a 56 win squad (even if their true level of play is that of a 50 win team). Lowry is terrible in the playoffs but something in me keeps saying it can't be all him. I mean the whole team has been a massive failure - this has to be Casey's fault.

This is some Joe Johnson Hawks level underachieving.

Making the conference finals is a failure? Say what you want about the East (Knicks didn't make the playoffs) but ECF is not failure. Last year's Hawks won 60 games and were swept in the ECF without Love/Irving, i wonder what you would call them
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,740

Post#65 » by omerome » Sun May 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Even a healthy Jrue Holiday to me > Lowry

When healthy Jrue was the number 2 on a 45 win squad. Lowry is the number one on a 56 win squad (even if their true level of play is that of a 50 win team). Lowry is terrible in the playoffs but something in me keeps saying it can't be all him. I mean the whole team has been a massive failure - this has to be Casey's fault.

Making the conference finals is a failure? Say what you want about the East (Knicks didn't make the playoffs) but ECF is not failure. Last year's Hawks won 60 games and were swept in the ECF without Love/Irving, i wonder what you would call them

The East has one team that is relevant. Right now, the East is a failure - and that obviously includes the Knicks.

As for last year when the Hawks won 60 games and got swept, yeah, they were failures, too.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#66 » by E-Balla » Sun May 22, 2016 5:53 pm

omerome wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
E-Balla wrote:When healthy Jrue was the number 2 on a 45 win squad. Lowry is the number one on a 56 win squad (even if their true level of play is that of a 50 win team). Lowry is terrible in the playoffs but something in me keeps saying it can't be all him. I mean the whole team has been a massive failure - this has to be Casey's fault.

The East has one team that is relevant. Right now, the East is a failure - and that obviously includes the Knicks.

As for last year when the Hawks won 60 games and got swept, yeah, they were failures, too.

Basically. The Raps have played like a 41 win team this postseason (going by point differentials and strength of schedule). That's a massive failure. They're just lucky the East as a whole is a massive failure.
omerome
RealGM

Post#67 » by omerome » Sun May 22, 2016 6:08 pm

E-Balla wrote:
omerome wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:

Basically. The Raps have played like a 41 win team this postseason (going by point differentials and strength of schedule). That's a massive failure. They're just lucky the East as a whole is a massive failure.

Watching the playoffs this year really shows a large divide in talent between the two teams. Now with the Raptors winning last night they obviously won't be swept, but to me, the Raptors are in the conference finals only because someone has to be.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#68 » by Greenie » Sun May 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Even a healthy Jrue Holiday to me > Lowry

Oh look. a raptor fan in here defending that sh*tty ass team.
The ENTIRE east sucks.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#69 » by N Y K » Mon May 23, 2016 12:08 am

I wouldn't call the Raptors a massive failure...
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#70 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 am

I'll take Lowry. Defense, passing and threes... Just wouldn't take DeRozan.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#71 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:08 am

Duhon
Douglas
Felton
Ancient Billups
Douglas
Lin
Felton
Ole Failderon

Hell yeah I'd take him here. He could be the 4th option, spread the floor and just play D.

Still would take Holiday in 2017 if both were interested in signing here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#72 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am

ChilledAlex wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

Calderon is easily the better player, a great point guard to have coming off the bench and the first person to sink the opposition in game 7 of the NBA Finals. Physically he'S just never been a starter on an NBA team, nevermind, he's a very good guard. Right now, I'd ship him out in a heartbeat, because there are more important things to be taken care of than back up point guard. He would play on the Cavs, Thunder, Spurs or Warriors though.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#73 » by moocow007 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Why do we do things like this? When a player you dislike is doing great you keep quiet in the shadows. But when he struggles, you pounce. Honestly, it's not a good showing for the people that do it regardless of who the person is that you are pouncing on. It's basically being trolls. Where were you guys when he was doing great? Our team has been sucking for over a decade and we have had some of the worst starting PG's in the history of the game in recent years and yet you guys want to talk smack? Come on.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#74 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon May 23, 2016 1:15 pm

dude is straight up having panic attacks on national television during the big moments. there's no amount of talent that can make up for that liability.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#75 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon May 23, 2016 1:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:Why do we do things like this? When a player you dislike is doing great you keep quiet in the shadows. But when he struggles, you pounce. Honestly, it's not a good showing for the people that do it regardless of who the person is that you are pouncing on. It's basically being trolls. Where were you guys when he was doing great? Our team has been sucking for over a decade and we have had some of the worst starting PG's in the history of the game in recent years and yet you guys want to talk smack? Come on.

straight trolling indeed. but at least the thread is being qualified as haterade.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
omerome
RealGM

Post#76 » by omerome » Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 pm

moocow007 wrote:Why do we do things like this? When a player you dislike is doing great you keep quiet in the shadows. But when he struggles, you pounce. Honestly, it's not a good showing for the people that do it regardless of who the person is that you are pouncing on. It's basically being trolls. Where were you guys when he was doing great? Our team has been sucking for over a decade and we have had some of the worst starting PG's in the history of the game in recent years and yet you guys want to talk smack? Come on.

Actually, I was never a fan of Lowry. He is just too inconsistent for me. Now sure, compared to the PGs we've had in recent memory, he's way better than them, but that doesn't mean I will have to like him.

Then the question would be, if we do get him, what will be the cost? Future draft picks? I'll pass because he's not coming here for nothing.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#77 » by moocow007 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:46 pm

omerome wrote:

Actually, I was never a fan of Lowry. He is just too inconsistent for me. Now sure, compared to the PGs we've had in recent memory, he's way better than them, but that doesn't mean I will have to like him.

Then the question would be, if we do get him, what will be the cost? Future draft picks? I'll pass because he's not coming here for nothing.

If the reports were true that it would have taken Shumpert as the prime piece (instead of a future 1st) then sure that sure seems like it would have been a great trade.
omerome
RealGM

Post#78 » by omerome » Mon May 23, 2016 1:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:
omerome wrote:

If the reports were true that it would have taken Shumpert as the prime piece (instead of a future 1st) then sure that sure seems like it would have been a great trade.

Perhaps. But then you'd have to look at how different our team would of been. Lowry would of put us in a position where we're not the second worst team in the league; which means no KP. Management might of decided to go all in again and try to make the playoffs and suddenly we're a team like Atlanta which is good, but isn't likely to go anywhere.

Going back to Lowry's inconsistent play. I am sure many of us would be hating him by now and would want him traded for the next new thing.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#79 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:36 am

Greenie wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
E-Balla wrote:When healthy Jrue was the number 2 on a 45 win squad. Lowry is the number one on a 56 win squad (even if their true level of play is that of a 50 win team). Lowry is terrible in the playoffs but something in me keeps saying it can't be all him. I mean the whole team has been a massive failure - this has to be Casey's fault.

Oh look. a raptor fan in here defending that sh*tty ass team.
The ENTIRE east sucks.

Raptors are a nice team, but there is ONE contender in the east, and FOUR in the west. Everyone else is a pretender.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#80 » by whocares1 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:19 am

Is the topic still open for debate?

Return to New York Knicks