ImageImageImageImageImage

UFC199

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Re: UFC199 

Post#41 » by CJackson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:45 pm

just caught up and watched the Rory/Stephen card

I have never bought into the MacDonald hype and he looks like he will never break through to me. I don't think he has any special quality that will allow him to win big fights. Thompson just picked him apart and was way more agile and skillful.

Plus, Rory took the kind of punishment from Lawler that makes young fighters old (some guys are not built to withstand the stuff Lawler seems to drink up). You saw it at the end of this fight with the same nose just turning to putty again. He should retire young and stay healthy. He is already talking like a punch drunk fighter. Not good.

Cowboy came back with a vengeance. Always a top fighter and he showed it by not letting his earlier loss ruin his confidence. He is back in the mix.

I was most impressed by Calderwood. She destroyed someone who took the current champ to their limit and broke her down. Jo has one major flaw which is zero head movement. She is a stationary target. If she can improve her foot speed and not get hit as much, she can make a run at it because she is tough and she now looks like one of the harder hitting women out there. I always loved hearing her talk. She has evovled from TUF.

Return to New York Knicks