ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#61 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:44 am

magnumt wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
You mean to move in with GF or not?

Nah break up with her.

You're still still in College man. It's too early to move in with any GF. I mean what if you move in, then 6 months later break up? You'd be GF-lessmand homeless. Both of which would impact you at a critical point in your college career.

/My 2 cents.

--Mags

I wish I were still in college. I graduated in 2013 :lol: The GF and roommate are two separate things. I'm counting down the days until I can move out of my current apartment (rooming with 3 others). GF I have been dating since October and she's been GF since February, but I broke up with her once before. I think I've already made up my mind, though.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#62 » by br7knicks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56 am

JXL wrote:The fact that you put Taylor Swift here instead of the hot Indian supermodel (can't remember her name) or our resident celebrity Knicks fan Emmy Rossum, is a shame.

taylor swift, whoof. give me Alicia keys
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#63 » by King of Canada » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:52 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Nah break up with her.

You're still still in College man. It's too early to move in with any GF. I mean what if you move in, then 6 months later break up? You'd be GF-lessmand homeless. Both of which would impact you at a critical point in your college career.

/My 2 cents.

--Mags

I wish I were still in college. I graduated in 2013 :lol: The GF and roommate are two separate things. I'm counting down the days until I can move out of my current apartment (rooming with 3 others). GF I have been dating since October and she's been GF since February, but I broke up with her once before. I think I've already made up my mind, though.

If you're a lawyer you probably have a good head on your shoulders. I got married half way through university and had my first child on the way two years later in my last year of school. Getting hitched young and having kids right away really screwed me over career wise and financially, but my wife is amazing (and gorgeous) and my kids are all going to be great people. I wouldn't change a thing. My point is, if you have doubts right now you'll make the right choice.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#64 » by BKlutch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Nah break up with her.

/My 2 cents.

--Mags

Remember, if you graduated only 3 years ago, this is still open period for free agency.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#65 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Mags-

If all the Newbie Intros are done here, then I can't do my thing to them (you know what I mean?) lol
Free Palestine
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#66 » by Mecca » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:13 pm

I graduated college in May and having a LOT of anxiety about my future. Everyone has been encouraging me to attend law school, but I don't want to wait another 3 years to get my life started. I have the grades and skills for it, and the debt won't be too bad because my mom makes pennies, but I went to a private college and my debt is around 60k already. Any law-school goers with advice? I'm not too sure I want to be an attorney, but I like a lot of the skills it teaches and how good it looks on a resume.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#67 » by el13adnino » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:21 pm

im grape nose boy
:crazy:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#68 » by magnumt » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Mags-

If all the Newbie Intros are done here, then I can't do my thing to them (you know what I mean?) lol

I'll look the other way. :wink:

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#69 » by CoolKids » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:44 am

I dont really have the time for video games too often these days but very excited they are releasing Skyrim for PS4. Basically the only game I have been craving a remaster for. Should be awesome. Already pre-ordered actually something I haven't done in years. MAss Effect Andromeda will also be pre ordered at some point. Starting Uncharted 4 today which is the first game I've played besides Madden since FAllout was released
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#70 » by magnumt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:56 am

CoolKids wrote:I dont really have the time for video games too often these days but very excited they are releasing Skyrim for PS4. Basically the only game I have been craving a remaster for. Should be awesome. Already pre-ordered actually something I haven't done in years. MAss Effect Andromeda will also be pre ordered at some point. Starting Uncharted 4 today which is the first game I've played besides Madden since FAllout was released

Damn, I haven't played Uncharted since 2 I think. :lol: Is it still an immensely beautiful game?

--Mags

magnumt6
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#71 » by CoolKids » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:05 am

magnumt wrote:
CoolKids wrote:I dont really have the time for video games too often these days but very excited they are releasing Skyrim for PS4. Basically the only game I have been craving a remaster for. Should be awesome. Already pre-ordered actually something I haven't done in years. MAss Effect Andromeda will also be pre ordered at some point. Starting Uncharted 4 today which is the first game I've played besides Madden since FAllout was released

Damn, I haven't played Uncharted since 2 I think. :lol: Is it still an immensely beautiful game?

--Mags

It is! Probably the best looking in game experience to date. If you have a PS4 you should give it a whirl. Uncharted 3 for PS3 is also great as well as the Last of Us which is basically Uncharted.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by magnumt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:49 am

CoolKids wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

It is! Probably the best looking in game experience to date. If you have a PS4 you should give it a whirl. Uncharted 3 for PS3 is also great as well as the Last of Us which is basically Uncharted.

Ahh, okay then. It's Uncharted 3 that I have. It's been awhile since I've been on my PS3. These days I prefer mobile games more. GPX on those platforms (at least in iOS) are PS3 worthy (just look at the latest Infinity Blade, Wipeout, Assassin's Creed Pirates, Final Fantasy IV, Injustice Gods Among Us, Sky Gamblers, CSR Racing, or Galaxy On Fire :D ).

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/15-beautiful-ios-games-that-are-like-interactive-art.html/?a=viewall

http://designinstruct.com/visual-inspiration/25-beautiful-ios-games-right-now/

--Mags

magnumt6
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#73 » by Polk377 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Mecca wrote:I graduated college in May and having a LOT of anxiety about my future. Everyone has been encouraging me to attend law school, but I don't want to wait another 3 years to get my life started. I have the grades and skills for it, and the debt won't be too bad because my mom makes pennies, but I went to a private college and my debt is around 60k already. Any law-school goers with advice? I'm not too sure I want to be an attorney, but I like a lot of the skills it teaches and how good it looks on a resume.

I am not an attorney but if you don't think being an attorney is for you don't do it. It is bad enough you already have 60k of debt you don't need another 80-100k on top. That will not help your anxiety at all. If you just graduated and I'm guessing you are 20-23 you still have plenty of time to decide on your future. Spend the next year looking into all fields, get a good starter job somewhere that interests you and make your decision from there. Never listen to anyone but yourself about your life since you are the one living it.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#74 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:08 pm

LOL! I just came in here looking for your bummed out post.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
CoolKids
RealGM

Post#75 » by CoolKids » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:44 pm

magnumt wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
magnumt wrote:

--Mags

Ahh, okay then. It's Uncharted 3 that I have. It's been awhile since I've been on my PS3. These days I prefer mobile games more. GPX on those platforms (at least in iOS) are PS3 worthy (just look at the latest Infinity Blade, Wipeout, Assassin's Creed Pirates, Final Fantasy IV, Injustice Gods Among Us, Sky Gamblers, CSR Racing, or Galaxy On Fire :D ).

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/15-beautiful-ios-games-that-are-like-interactive-art.html/?a=viewall

--Mags

If you enjoyed Uncharted I highly recommend you check out the Last of Us. It was made by the same developer Naughty dog so the engine and mechanics are practically the same. I enjoyed it quite a bit more. The writing is fantastic. If you look it up you will see it has won tons of goty awards etc. You could probably pick it up new for under $20 as well which is well worth it
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by magnumt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm

CoolKids wrote:
magnumt wrote:
CoolKids wrote:It is! Probably the best looking in game experience to date. If you have a PS4 you should give it a whirl. Uncharted 3 for PS3 is also great as well as the Last of Us which is basically Uncharted.

--Mags

If you enjoyed Uncharted I highly recommend you check out the Last of Us. It was made by the same developer Naughty dog so the engine and mechanics are practically the same. I enjoyed it quite a bit more. The writing is fantastic. If you look it up you will see it has won tons of goty awards etc. You could probably pick it up new for under $20 as well which is well worth it

Yep, definitely remember that one. Was just about to post about all the awards and accolades it recieved. :lol:

--Mags

magnumt6
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#77 » by CJackson » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:12 am

I shudder to ask what that thing is. Is it something Borat would do?
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#78 » by CJackson » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:29 am

There are so many sticky threads now I'm wondering if Wingo came on the top half of my computer monitor
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#79 » by BowlRips » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Mecca wrote:I graduated college in May and having a LOT of anxiety about my future. Everyone has been encouraging me to attend law school, but I don't want to wait another 3 years to get my life started. I have the grades and skills for it, and the debt won't be too bad because my mom makes pennies, but I went to a private college and my debt is around 60k already. Any law-school goers with advice? I'm not too sure I want to be an attorney, but I like a lot of the skills it teaches and how good it looks on a resume.

Im in law school now.
If you dont care to take the LSAT and drop a few hundred on applications fees it could be worth applying to school and seeing what scholarship offers come to you (if you have good grades, and strong LSAT score you'll get offers). I was on the fence on what I want to do, took the LSAT, applied, got a nice offer and now I'm in law school and loving it.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by magnumt » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Flashpoint confirmed!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/grantgust/status/744932568106049536[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/744968261100462080[/tweet]

--Mags