ImageImageImageImageImage

Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style- Rules and Discussion **DRAFT IS OVER- Announcement on page 300**

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style **BIDDING IS OPEN** Rules and Discussion (Signups ongoing for the waiting list) 

Post#4781 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Jose7© wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I love me some Fes (for obvious reasons), but he is not a defensive anchor.

ZaZa is a solid defender - IMO, he's actually a good defender in space (backed up by his dFG% outside of 15 feet). His issue is on the interior, where he's nothing special. His offense >>>>>> Fes's and that's not even close.

Yeah. I specifically said anchor in the paint, where's he's been good throughout his entire career even in spot minutes. Zaza's offensive game is okay, Ezeli's role isn't gonna be that, his role never has, but especially on my team with a lot of guards attacking makes for easy cleanup and rebound opportunities in his spot minutes that he's there. He's my 12th man :lol:

Gotcha. There's more to defense than just anchoring the paint, though. With more and more teams running motion based offenses (at the very least, pick and roll ones), Fes will be guarding in space quite often. Also, I know this is all hypotheticals and whatnot, but Fes has some of the worst hands I've ever seen. He might have the ball dropped off to him, but it doesn't mean he'll catch it :lol:

But yah, as a 12th man, he's solid.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,196

Re: Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style **BIDDING IS OPEN** Rules and Discussion (Signups ongoing for the waiting list) 

Post#4782 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote: More like "time to make trades to remove guys Knickstape doesn't like." :lol: I just look at overall team makeup. If a guy sucks and doesn't fit in, he sucks and doesn't fit in regardless of what I think about the guy.

I feel bad for the guy who has Monroe this year. That team is an automatic L in your books :D
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#4783 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Mecca wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
Mecca wrote:For the Jabari haters.

Zach Lowe was quoted saying

At some point or another an NBA writer has had a positive or optimistic quote about 90% of the players in the NBA...

That's a really really weak argument, because I'd struggle to find anything positive on Mirotic/Green with the seasons they had. 19/6 post ASB talks for itself though.

I have never once bragged about Mirotic or Green, they are solid role players but by no means a #1 2 or 3 option. But Thomas Robinson now that a real stud.

Put Green with a solid PG like CP3 and Mirotic with a center that can protect the paint giving him the opportunity to roam around the 3 point line will make my starting 5 a bit more legit.
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#4784 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Bruno available for one dollar scrub (preferably sg). Pm me

Holy spacing, Batman. Every team is going to zone you up :lol:

Also, let it be known that I'm 99.99% sure I will be a judge (already told Bish I'm in). I will accept payment via Venmo, direct transfer, transferring of assets (stocks included), and cash (not preferred, but will do the job).

damn time make trades for guys knickstape likes :lol:

Wade Baldwin price just rose up by %300

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4785 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote: More like "time to make trades to remove guys Knickstape doesn't like." :lol: I just look at overall team makeup. If a guy sucks and doesn't fit in, he sucks and doesn't fit in regardless of what I think about the guy.

I feel bad for the guy who has Monroe this year. That team is an automatic L in your books :D

:lol:

I mean, whatever team has Monroe (in real life as well) is starting behind the 8 ball.

Never been a fan of BroLo, but putting Dray next to him is awesome.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4786 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Bruno available for one dollar scrub (preferably sg). Pm me

Also, let it be known that I'm 99.99% sure I will be a judge (already told Bish I'm in). I will accept payment via Venmo, direct transfer, transferring of assets (stocks included), and cash (not preferred, but will do the job).

autographed poster of taylor swift gets me a championship, right?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
JustaKnickFan
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#4787 » by JustaKnickFan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

If you're judging does that mean you're not up for doing one of your trademark BAT team reviews? Always enjoy hearing your thoughts on my teams
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4788 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:37 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Nah. I like him more than DJ, but I see Baldwin as a more athletic Kirk Hinrich (peak) PG.

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

SHE'S FALLING ON MY LIST. She's crazy. Only way to explain her dating someone new every year. I also think she cheated on Calvin Harris with Loki, but, I mean, Loki is a god...so...maybe she wasn't herself. She's either a serial dater or a lesbian and using the dating as a front. :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4789 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:39 pm

JustaKnickFan wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

If you're judging does that mean you're not up for doing one of your trademark BAT team reviews? Always enjoy hearing your thoughts on my teams

Yep :-? Can't go in depth. I will say, I like Bass as a big off the bench. I wanted him in NY a few times. Combining the Beach Boy with the Stiffle Tower was a good move, too.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#4790 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:40 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

He is a devastating open-court finisher, and over the past three weeks, Milwaukee's fast breaks have been a circus of alley-oops, no-look trickery and off-the-backboard passes. Parker is playing with a new calm in transition, searching out the simple passes.

But this dude is going to be something. Forget the notion that Milwaukee has been a disappointment this season. If the Bucks come out confident that they have two stars, everything else is noise.

I don't think anyone would question his athleticism or finishing game. His shooting and defense leave a lot to be desired though.

He is an absolute terror on the fast break one of the best finishers in the business...but what is he? A SF (can he shoot well enough to stick there)...or a PF (can he defend and rebound enough to stick there?)

questions yet to be answered.

He is just 21 years old and did not have an offseason yet that he could have work on his shot (assumption cuz of injury) he has every chance to become a beast still, good to see you are softening on your stance that he is Dwill v2 for sure :D

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#4791 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I love me some Fes (for obvious reasons), but he is not a defensive anchor.

ZaZa is a solid defender - IMO, he's actually a good defender in space (backed up by his dFG% outside of 15 feet). His issue is on the interior, where he's nothing special. His offense >>>>>> Fes's and that's not even close.

So you are sticking up for my own player. But for the sake of basketball discussion, that stat has some big time flaws right? Like that's players who take shots on ZaZa outside of 15 feet? How many players are blowing by him and getting layups though when is out there. I really put almost no stock in defensive stats for reasons like that.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#4792 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:41 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I don't think anyone would question his athleticism or finishing game. His shooting and defense leave a lot to be desired though.

He is an absolute terror on the fast break one of the best finishers in the business...but what is he? A SF (can he shoot well enough to stick there)...or a PF (can he defend and rebound enough to stick there?)

questions yet to be answered.

He is just 21 years old and did not have an offseason yet that he could have work on his shot (assumption cuz of injury) he has every chance to become a beast still, good to see you are softening on your stance that he is Dwill v2 for sure :D

D-Will never put up 19/6 for a 35 game stretch in his real rookie year like Bari. D-Will never had Jabari's mid range/back to basket game either.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#4793 » by Jose7 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I like Parker.. had a ton of talks about acquiring him but I appreciated the Dirk presence on that team Mecca. I don't think you should've traded him! Gordon is probably going to be your 6th man but Dirk still stands the test of time.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#4794 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Mecca wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

At some point or another an NBA writer has had a positive or optimistic quote about 90% of the players in the NBA...

That's a really really weak argument, because I'd struggle to find anything positive on Mirotic/Green with the seasons they had. 19/6 post ASB talks for itself though.

I have never once bragged about Mirotic or Green, they are solid role players but by no means a #1 2 or 3 option. But Thomas Robinson now that a real stud.

Put Green with a solid PG like CP3 and Mirotic with a center that can protect the paint giving him the opportunity to roam around the 3 point line will make my starting 5 a bit more legit.

and [tweet]https://twitter.com/zachlowe_nba/status/728778488564600832[/tweet]
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4795 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:44 pm

LJ4pointplay wrote:

So you are sticking up for my own player. But for the sake of basketball discussion, that stat has some big time flaws right? Like that's players who take shots on ZaZa outside of 15 feet? How many players are blowing by him and getting layups though when is out there. I really put almost no stock in defensive stats for reasons like that.

Yah, definitely does have its flaws. But when he is able to stay with players, which I think is more often than not because he knows positioning well and always seemed like a smart player (outside of post game interviews :lol: ), he does a great job.

Every stat has its flaws - the key is to know how to use them and to use them in conjunction with your eyes.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#4797 » by BowlRips » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Looking to move wings for 1 big or 1 pure point
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4798 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Nah. I like him more than DJ, but I see Baldwin as a more athletic Kirk Hinrich (peak) PG.

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

SHE'S FALLING ON MY LIST. She's crazy. Only way to explain her dating someone new every year. I also think she cheated on Calvin Harris with Loki, but, I mean, Loki is a god...so...maybe she wasn't herself. She's either a serial dater or a lesbian and using the dating as a front. :lol:

All of the names and statuses of these people have flown way over my head, but I'll do what I have to in order to win, lol.

Seriously, I work with the uncle of the lady antabellum drummer (or singer, not sure, whoever is married to the girl of that group). He gets backstage passes when they come around upstate NY and has met swift. I'ma pull some strings and win this BAT.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4799 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

br7knicks wrote:

All of the names and statuses of these people have flown way over my head, but I'll do what I have to in order to win, lol.

Seriously, I work with the uncle of the lady antabellum drummer (or singer, not sure, whoever is married to the girl of that group). He gets backstage passes when they come around upstate NY and has met swift. I'ma pull some strings and win this BAT.

This is why I've always liked you. :lol:
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#4800 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Open to make some trades let me know
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo

Return to New York Knicks