ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you be ok with giving Mike Conley a max contract?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Would you be ok with giving Mike Conley a max Contract?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 173

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: Would you be ok with giving Mike Conley a max contract? 

Post#501 » by Red Vines » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Conley has the kind of game that ages well like Tony Parker. You could slow him down a little bit and he's still making good decisions, not turning it over, making threes, hitting runners. He's not driving recklessly to the rim taking a lot of punishment. You saw what happened to Rose when he lost his athleticism, same thing will happen to players like Westbrook. The safer investment is the floor general PG who can beat you with great execution.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#502 » by denterprise » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Red Vines wrote:Conley has the kind of game that ages well like Tony Parker. You could slow him down a little bit and he's still making good decisions, not turning it over, making threes, hitting runners. He's not driving recklessly to the rim taking a lot of punishment. You saw what happened to Rose when he lost his athleticism, same thing will happen to players like Westbrook. The safer investment is the floor general PG who can beat you with great execution.

You made great points if he is able to stay healthy. I believe most Knick fans would love to have a healthy Conley but are terrified of signing another Amare. If we do sign him, I will trust that we have had the best doctors exam him and give him a 100% clearance especially if it is at the max.
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#503 » by nytonm » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Context wrote:why am i not surprised that some of you havent learned your lesson and want to waste 28 million in cap space on Conley?
Just so we can lose in the ECF to Lebron smh...

I would love to lose in the ECF. That means we made it to the ECF.
denterprise wrote:
Why spend that much if you believe we can't seriously compete for a championship? How do we get better and get to the next level without cap space? These are the questions that must be answered.

If we max Conley wed still have cap space next year, just not space for another max player which we probably wouldn't need at that point. And we get better by developing KP, hopefully making smart moves with our cap space and picks and ultimately by replacing Melo Conley or Rolo with free agents once their contacts expire. We don't get better by sitting on our hands waiting for the perfect deal that instantly makes us contenders.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#504 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:20 pm

denterprise wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:

Do we have the money for all three?

Not as is. To even dream of it we'd have to move KOQ and Ole' Failderon, plus likely waive our bird rights on either LFT or Gallo or convince them to take the RE or BAE. Would get us to about 46-48 with cap now at 94.

Conley 26
Bazemore 12
Dudley 10

Who knows? Maybe they want larger 1 year deals to come back next year in a larger cap with more teams likely to have the space.

I think those 3 in addition to a Melo KP RoLo Grant LFT Gallo core could be very, very, very good. Not good enough to beat Lebron, but I'd take our chances against the rest of the field.

Why spend that much if you believe we can't seriously compete for a championship? How do we get better and get to the next level without cap space? These are the questions that must be answered.

It lays the foundation to add the pieces in 2017 to beat Lebron. We'd still have enough cap space in 2017 to make a move or two that could get you to the next level.

My assumption that it couldn't beat Lebron is based on cautious optimism. Doesn't mean I don't take my chances with that roster first. Anything can happen.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#505 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:24 pm

GONYK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:

Do we have the money for all three?

Not as is. To even dream of it we'd have to move KOQ and Ole' Failderon, plus likely waive our bird rights on either LFT or Gallo or convince them to take the RE or BAE. Would get us to about 46-48 with cap now at 94.

Conley 26
Bazemore 12
Dudley 10

Who knows? Maybe they want larger 1 year deals to come back next year in a larger cap with more teams likely to have the space.

I think those 3 in addition to a Melo KP RoLo Grant LFT Gallo core could be very, very, very good. Not good enough to beat Lebron, but I'd take our chances against the rest of the field.

Baze isn't signing for $12M when DeMarre Carrol got $15M

As far as Jared Dudley, I don't think the prospects of that are high either

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/737329233521827840[/tweet]

I think GMs everywhere see that was a massive overpay for Carroll. Just because one guy got one number doesn't mean other players will get a similar number or that they won't go anywhere else for less.

Did not know about that tweet. Kind of sucks because I think he'd be perfect. If I was PJax, I'd ask Melo about it. Really provides a lot of what we could use at s serviceable price.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#506 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:26 pm

denterprise wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Conley has the kind of game that ages well like Tony Parker. You could slow him down a little bit and he's still making good decisions, not turning it over, making threes, hitting runners. He's not driving recklessly to the rim taking a lot of punishment. You saw what happened to Rose when he lost his athleticism, same thing will happen to players like Westbrook. The safer investment is the floor general PG who can beat you with great execution.

You made great points if he is able to stay healthy. I believe most Knick fans would love to have a healthy Conley but are terrified of signing another Amare. If we do sign him, I will trust that we have had the best doctors exam him and give him a 100% clearance especially if it is at the max.

Too bad Dolan wouldn't let PJax let change the staff. Sports science is being embraced as the next differentiator in the game according to a lot of folks in the media. Hopefully what we have is sufficient at the minimum.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks