ImageImageImageImageImage

[ESPN] Knicks Talk Rose Trade?! (Update Pg 45: Woj, Advanced Talks!)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Re: [ESPN] Knicks Talk Rose Trade?! 

Post#841 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:23 pm

vincccent wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Lakers reportedly considering trading D'Angelo Russell for Rose.

Sauce?
I would lmao.

They aren't considering it, but more of a "could they trade him" rumor by writers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/evanmassey/2016/06/19/los-angeles-lakers-could-dangelo-russell-be-traded-for-derrick-rose/#1a3481444934
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#842 » by BKAY » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Injury prone / mental midget....hard pass

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#843 » by kane2021 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:26 pm

If we got a pick from the Bulls it would be because we absorb rose's salary with our cap space so that the Bulls can sign 2 good free agents.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,960

Post#844 » by Capn'O » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:Holding a draft viewing party for the media for a 2nd round pick seems very peculiar to me --- particularly in NYC where the local press is chomping at the bit to rail on anything negative (Knicks traded away 1st round pick).

I think we've got something lined up in late 1st at a minimum and potentially we have a bigger trade going down.

Someone did mention the other day that you will see some odd deals go down in next few weeks as some teams trade for salary to meet the new (higher) league minimum. Not sure how accurate that is or if we could play in that game but that is something that could create a market for say Jose if a team is needing to add $7M to their cap to hit the minimum salary requirement.

Philly and Portland both need backup PG help, veteran presence, and have low cap numbers. Philly has tons of picks. They've been my Jose destination for a minute now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#845 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Phil holding this draft viewing party for the media like a don

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#846 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:Holding a draft viewing party for the media for a 2nd round pick seems very peculiar to me --- particularly in NYC where the local press is chomping at the bit to rail on anything negative (Knicks traded away 1st round pick).

I think we've got something lined up in late 1st at a minimum and potentially we have a bigger trade going down.

Someone did mention the other day that you will see some odd deals go down in next few weeks as some teams trade for salary to meet the new (higher) league minimum. Not sure how accurate that is or if we could play in that game but that is something that could create a market for say Jose if a team is needing to add $7M to their cap to hit the minimum salary requirement.

Calderon is hot garbage....everyone knows this. If a team needs 7 million to hit their floor...couldn't they simply sign any scrub for a one year deal to cover their remaining amount to the floor rather than take on someone no one wants?....let alone give an asset for?
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#847 » by CJackson » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Phil holding this draft viewing party for the media like a don

Isola is also invited to ......

The Red Viewing!!!!
MeloTime
Sixth Man
And1: 409

Post#848 » by MeloTime » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm

This is the only deal you pull the trigger on

Knicks Trade: Jose, KQQ & Grant (13 million total salary)

Knicks get: Derrick Rose & 2016 second round pick (via Portland)

Bulls save $7 million in Cap. Knicks only invest $7 million of available cap space. Jose is just an filler, experience vet. Kyle is still a young servicable big on a real cheap contract. Grant has to be included because at the end of the day it is Derrick Rose. Grant is replaceable especially with Wroten in the mix and also if the knicks get a 1st round pick in the draft.

We go into Free Agency with alot of money to spend still for a solid FA.

We walk into the meetings with Melo, Prozingis & Rose

Your line up is near complete

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#849 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:

Calderon is hot garbage....everyone knows this. If a team needs 7 million to hit their floor...couldn't they simply sign any scrub for a one year deal to cover their remaining amount to the floor rather than take on someone no one wants?....let alone give an asset for?

Yeah - I don't know TBH. I suppose it's possible that a team could want Jose as insurance or just want his CAP $$$ and cut him --- no idea how this plays out just throwing it out there.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Post#850 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Rose kinda reminds me of Penny Hardaway when he blew out his knee. He has obviously lost some steps. He can still be productive, just needs to figure out how to adjust his game. He might be best if he could learn to play off the bench. The lesser minutes may also help keep prolong his career.

Rose sort of reminds of me of older AI, when being more intelligent and less stubborn would lead them to know they were no longer the man and they should leverage still useful skills to making other players better, but instead still insist on being the man, taking tons of shots and not being able to adjust to any role except that exact same one that made them famous, except they are no longer that player.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#851 » by Red Vines » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Dan Werly
@WerlySportsLaw
News: Judge denies Plaintiff's request to delay trial in Derrick Rose civil sexual assault case. Trial to proceed on October 4th. #sportslaw

I forgot Rose has this case going on. Yikes.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#852 » by DE FENSE » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:09 pm

MeloTime wrote:This is the only deal you pull the trigger on

Bulls save $7 million in Cap. Knicks only invest $7 million of available cap space. Jose is just an filler, experience vet. Kyle is still a young servicable big on a real cheap contract. Grant has to be included because at the end of the day it is Derrick Rose. Grant is replaceable especially with Wroten in the mix and also if the knicks get a 1st round pick in the draft.

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez

I say no to this deal. I'm not giving up Grant for a one year rental of Mr Glass and a second. Make it a first rounder then we talk.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#853 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez

There's no way in hell I'm giving up Grant for a one-year rent of a salary dump. He's our PG of the future
Free Palestine
will34
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#854 » by will34 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:16 pm

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez

Horrible trade for NYK. You lack guards already so you trade 2 for a broken down one? And trade one entering his second season?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#855 » by magnumt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:24 pm

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#856 » by ZKnicks » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez

There's no way in hell I'm giving up Grant for a one-year rent of a salary dump. He's our PG of the future

Agreed. I still have faith that Grant is going to be our floor general for the next 10 years. I know his rookie season didn't look like it, but I really see the potential with him. If he develops in to what I hope he can be, then we need a stud SG and can use the rest of our $$$$ to fill out the bench which we desperately need.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#857 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:33 pm

vincccent wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Lakers reportedly considering trading D'Angelo Russell for Rose.

Sauce?
I would lmao.

It really makes no sense, yet there it is. :lol:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/114668/20160407/lakers-rumors-la-swap-dangelo-russell-derrick-rose-latest-trade.htm

According to Shanowski, the Lakers possibly trading Russell, could be the Bulls' opportunity to improve their roster in what could be an immediate rebuild for Chicago. Schanowski's trade scenario has the Bulls sending Derrick Rose to the 16-time NBA champs in exchange for Russell.

The Bulls are in the brink of failing to reach the playoffs, and many reports have projected Chicago to make some changes in their roster in the offseason, according to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. It remains to be seen whether the Bulls intend to move on from their All-Star point guard, but if they do, but if they intend for a roster shakeup, Rose seems to be the likeliest candidate.

"We know Derrick Rose spends his summers in Los Angeles and might welcome the challenge of succeeding Kobe Bryant as the featured star in Laker Land," Schanowski wrote.

"So, would the Bulls consider a 1-for-1 trade of Rose for Russell, which would work since the Lakers could absorb Rose's $21.3 million contract for next season into their ample cap space?"

Surely there will be plenty of disapprovals from Lakers fans if such a deal materializes. The 27-year-old Rose has not been the same since suffering devastating injuries that has limited him in the past three season with the Bulls. While Rose is battle-tested, Russell offers more potential and is more of a long-term option for a team, considering his age.

Even with the recent Young video-taped conversation, there is not much sense for the Lakers trading Russell, much more for a point guard who has a history of injuries.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/114668/20160407/lakers-rumors-la-swap-dangelo-russell-derrick-rose-latest-trade.htm#ixzz4C9atCOzH
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#858 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:35 pm

ZKnicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Rose
FA
Melo
Prozingis
Lopez

Agreed. I still have faith that Grant is going to be our floor general for the next 10 years. I know his rookie season didn't look like it, but I really see the potential with him. If he develops in to what I hope he can be, then we need a stud SG and can use the rest of our $$$$ to fill out the bench which we desperately need.

I thought he really finished up strong though which I think gave him a lot of confidence going into this summer and next season. It's like someone turned on the light switch and he kinda "got it." It'll be interesting to watch his development ... IN A KNICKS UNIFORM!!!! LOL
Free Palestine
FreakMaster
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#859 » by FreakMaster » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
FreakMaster wrote:As I posted earlier...The Knicks don't have any assets. Why this is even a thread is beyond wishful thinking by Knicks fans. The Bulls aren't going to give Derrick Rose away and from reading these comments of trade pieces words aren't necessary. A simple "No Thanks" is all The Knicks will be hearing from the Bulls.

The asset is our willingness to take the second worst starting PG in the league off of your hands, simply because we have the worst.

I would expect we receive some draft picks as compensation, not giving anything to the Bulls besides freeing them of the abyss that is Rose. Assets? You are the one parting with assets, not us.

Ketchup like tomato sauce homie. :meditate:

Why would you want such a sorry PG? Why not trade one of your current assets for Ish Smith, Trey Burke, Jarrett Jack, or Shane Larkin? It's becoming painfully obvious that the Knicks are willing to do the Bulls a favor and Bulls should be grateful for your kind offerings. Thank's but No Thanks.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#860 » by Marty McFly » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:46 pm

how the bulls could possibly be rumored to get an asset for potpourri is beyond me. imana need that 14 pick to piss away or capspace.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks