ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will we sign next?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who will we sign next?

Horford?
8%
Durant?
26%
Noah?
31%
Beal?
1%
Bazemore?
3%
Batum?
1%
Dwight Howard?
10%
Whiteside?
7%
Two from the list above?
7%
Someone else?
7%

Total votes: 107

aj49689
Rookie
And1: 119

Re: Who will we sign next? 

Post#41 » by aj49689 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm

we'll sign KD right after we sign M. Jordan out of retirement.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.

CARROT SOUP!
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#42 » by CJackson » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:07 pm

IS NOAH HEALTHY ENOUGH?

That's my big question today

Seen many say he is completely worn out

but Phil may really want him here

so can Noah still really play?

I would hate to have Phil ignore reality and bring a player we probably all love and would be great, but turns out to be a complete shell of a player
goldenbrandon
Senior
And1: 106

Post#43 » by goldenbrandon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:40 am

Isn't Derozan a free agent? Haven't heard his name floated around. I know he wants to go to Lakers and would demand more money than he's worth but with sg a need for us, thought I would hear his name more. I was all in for Evan Fournier but Magic traded Olindipo and I'm sure they would match any deal. I voted KD for obvious reasons but realistically we need a 2
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#44 » by makeitstop » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:10 am

My money's on Noah. I'd rather see a solid guard, though.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#45 » by GYK » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Hopefully just Noah and Manu for cheap role player deals. Resign Lance Thomas and Galloway for cheap. Maybe same with Early. I like Dorian Finney-Smith, he's very Lance Thomas like.

Rose/Galloway/Baker
Holiday/Manu/Early
Melo/Dorian
Thomas/O'Quinn
KP/Noah/Willy

That team should still suck enough to have this year pick still grab up a great prosepect, hopefully Josh Jackson. Especially we treat Rose and Melo like Pop treats his old guys.
That team had good athleticism. Spacing. Possibly good defense.
In 2017 we can really pitch strong to Westbrook and Durant that we have everything you possibly want.

Third Option..Melo
6th Man..Rose
Future contending..KP and hopefully Josh Jackson
Long Spacing Role Players..Galloway, Holiday, Thomas, Willy, Finney-Smith, Early, O'Quinn, Noah, Manu
A System..Triangle

2017-2018 Knicks
Westbrook/Rose/Galloway
Jackson/Holiday/Early
Durant/Finney-Smith
Melo/Thomas
KP/O'Quinn/Willy
With Noah and Manu still around.
cayuck
Junior
And1: 262

Post#46 » by cayuck » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:15 pm

I feel like Beal doesn't get talked about at all, but is a realistic option unlike KD who is a pipe dream. Obviously Beal has had some injury issues, but when he is on the court he is always a factor. Beal might be able to be had and would fit a lot of the Knicks current needs. Rose isn't the greatest outside shooter so it would make sense to have a 2 guard that could really spread the floor and already knows how to play with a ball dominate pg.

Also, Beal is only 22 he could grow with KP for years to come.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#47 » by duetta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Noah is much, much too risky on anything but a sweetheart deal. If Washington is prepared to max him out, then can have him.

Howard is a guy who can't be on the floor at the end of games, and who has seriously regressed as a player. I wouldn't go near him except on a below-market short deal.

I would go after a couple of affordable big men, given the fact that KP might take over at center in perhaps two seasons. I would bring Moz back at the right price, and then focus on adding a SG and depth. But I'm afraid that all the prices are likely to be insane this summer and next, as clubs see the cap rise exponentially. Maybe prices will settle down in two seasons, but I'm wary of over-committing for anyone but a Durant this summer.
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,272

Post#48 » by Futureisnow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:28 pm

kane wrote:It's probably going to be Noah, we were interested in him even before rose now you add that and he's from NYC, and he was the main guy recruiting melo to come to the Bulls

Also we can get him a hell of a lot cheaper then Whiteside or Howard who want the max and we still need a starting SG and bench depth

Noah, Courtney Lee, DJ Augustine and other bench guys would be a pretty nice offseason.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#49 » by gavran » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:38 pm

postcall wrote:None of the above we have to fill out the roster.

By not signing players?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#50 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:39 pm

I picked "Someone Else" because there is no selection for "No One Else".

I thought the Knicks were doing ok freeing up cap space and getting Rose for not much besides Lopez, but I've since been educated by my fellow Knick fans that the Knicks suck ass. No one is coming to play with past prime Melo, broken Rose and sophmore, unproven KP.

Roster next year:

PG Rose/D League guy
SG Holiday/Baker/Marvell Harris
SF: Melo/D League guy
PF: KP/D League guy
C: KOQ/Plumlee
Bench: D League guy,D League guy,D League guy,D League guy

Willie H won't sign because he can see the suck from Spain
Galloway won't resign because Knicks suck
Lance Thomas takes his talents to Brooklyn because, Knicks suck.

The Knicks will only be able to sign desperate DLeaguers because they are so terrible. Or Dwight Howard, who keeps calling like a stalker because cap room.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#51 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:51 pm

We sign pieces that fit this year, and go after the big fish next summer with our mummy money
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#52 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:01 pm

I would have preferred Noah but a bidding war takes the Knicks out of the running. Like Pau Gasol if Noah out prices New York. Wondering who the Knicks will grab as Rose's back court mate. Heard Rondo is a possibility.

Return to New York Knicks