ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Sign Marvelle Harris to SL Roster

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Shadylove
Junior
And1: 73

Re: Knicks Sign Marvelle Harris to SL Roster 

Post#21 » by Shadylove » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:33 pm

I have always said pay the max to the all stars and the guys who deserve it and instead of paying Fournier and Barnes 15M plus you look for your own and develop your own Bazemores, Fourniers, etc :D roll players who cant carry a team
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:34 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Yoooooooooooo, this dude probably doesn't make the roster, but holy sh*t he sounds like he'd have gotten along really well with Mase and Oak. I mean DAMN.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/mens-basketball/2016/03/16/ncaa-tournament-fresno-state-marvelle-harris/81870686/

“But we don’t be messing with Marvelle. If you give him crap about anything, he’s going to take the war with you to the next level. If we’re winning a game, he’s going to (talk trash) to you on the court. The locker room, too.”

On the court, Harris is mean. By his own admission. He’ll make fun of anyone he plays with. The feisty Cezar Guerrero, the quiet Julien “Juice” Lewis; who it is doesn’t matter. The nastiness that comes from his mouth, though, isn’t meant to do harm. He does it to toughen guys up. If it hurts their feelings, so be it. They’ll be better for it in the end.

What gets under [teammate] Edo’s skin?

“I just call him a little girl. He wants to be like a manly man, so I say, ‘All you can do is jump high. If you couldn’t jump high, what would you be?’ Next thing you know, he’s knocking down jump shots, he’s setting silent screens, he’s boxing out.”

And Paul Watson?

“I say, ‘Paul, you suck. You really suck, Paul. I don’t know what you’re doing. You suck.’ And he’ll get pumped up. He’ll play hard on defense, he’ll rebound, he’ll start knocking down shots. It depends on the day and how I’m feeling.”

It’s abuse Edo and Watson are willing to take. Partially because they’re not quick enough with the comebacks to shut Harris up — as one of eight kids, he’s become a master of manipulative langue. Plus, the harassment works. And as the lowest seeded team playing its NCAA tournament games in Denver this week (No. 14), they’re going to need all the help they can get to upset No. 3 Utah on Thursday.

That might mean reminding Watson, the 2013-14 Mountain West Freshman of the Year, how bad he sucks. Or, it might mean consoling him. Because no matter how “mean of a dude” Harris likes to think of himself, he’s first and foremost a leader and knows when to tone it down.

“I’ve had times before games where I might not be in the best mood and comes over and talks to me, goofs around and gets me excited,” Watson said. “He knows how to get us going.

On top of all that he's already got beef with Reggie Miller. :lol:

During the Mountain West championship game between San Diego State and Fresno State on Saturday in Las Vegas, Reggie Miller, a five-time NBA All-Star, repeatedly referred to Bulldogs' guard Marvelle Harris as "Marvelle Harrison," throughout the national broadcast on CBS.

Harris (that's without an "on") scored a team-high 18 points to compliment four rebounds, four assists and three steals. He also turned the ball over seven times in a 68-65 victory, so for better or worse, his name — well, his name adjacent — was mentioned often. He never overheard Miller’s extra syllable while on the court, but after the game, he read all about it on Twitter.

“I didn’t realize how many times he said it. When they told me ‘he called you Marvelle Harrison,’ I was like, ‘OK, he probably messed up once or twice.’ Then I saw it: Harrison, Harrison, Harrison,” Harris said. “I’m surprised the people next to him weren’t like, ‘It’s Harris.’ Come on guys, it’s a team effort.

“But my name is Marvelle Harris, Reggie Miller. Marvelle Harris. No ‘o-n’ at the end.”

thats pretty entertaining stuff from Marvelle Buckets there

good luck pulling it with NBA guys though

I don't know about Edo and Watson but try pulling that with KOQ and you'll get fed to the pigs
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#23 » by CJackson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm

I have roster fatigue. no more energy to read up on the latest signing. All in on Ron Baker. sorry marvelle
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#24 » by DrCoach » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:19 am

22 yrs old, 21 ppg, 23.5 PER

Phils scouts doing work.

Let's find our own Bazemore instead of paying 60 mil
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#25 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:33 am

At this rate, Westchester will have an undefeated season with all these undrafted players. Just kidding.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#26 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:44 am

Team is really shaping up:

Rose/Baker/Vujacic
Holiday/Galloway/Harris
Durant/Thomas
Melo/Willy
KP/Noah
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES