ImageImageImageImageImage

5 Reasons Why the Knicks Can Surprise Some People Next Season

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Re: 5 Reasons Why the Knicks Can Surprise Some People Next Season 

Post#41 » by siar617 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:19 pm

goldenbrandon wrote:
omerome wrote:
siar617 wrote:Westbrook isn't better than anything you could get in both drafts?

No, its not that at all. It's the fact that Westbrook is a free agent next season. Why should we give up future picks if he were interested in coming here.?This sounds like the Melo situation all over again. What I want is Westbrook WITH what we could get with the draft, not putting us in a predicament where we have no additonal assets to fall back on. Because I darn sure ain't trading for Westbrook if he decides he doesn't want to resign here.

Two future first round picks may not seem like much right now, but you never know. I don't want us to go through this again where we didn't have those picks to fall back on if disaster strikes or if they could be the difference maker AFTER we have an established team; not before.

It really depends on the start. If we start red hot and look like contenders, then it makes sense to pull the trigger on a player like Westbrook. Like in baseball. Contenders buy, looking to get over that hump. The future is now. It's only been like 50 years since we won it all....

Even if we did the deal I mention got him on a rental I am good. Westbrook Rose= best back court in NBA. Melo KP Noah best front court. I'm swinging for the fenses, go for the title if it looks in reaendif he leaves in the end I still have my big three.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#42 » by Thorn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:45 pm

5 Reasons Why the Knicks Can Surprise Some People Next Season
Image Image
Image Image
bbconair
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#43 » by bbconair » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:38 pm

no pick is going to be better than RW, but it is fair to not give up the future for a rental. but if he signs that extension then it's worth it.
siar617
Analyst

Post#44 » by siar617 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:41 pm

bbconair wrote:no pick is going to be better than RW, but it is fair to not give up the future for a rental. but if he signs that extension then it's worth it.

Rent the limo to get to the prom
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#45 » by omerome » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:49 pm

siar617 wrote:
bbconair wrote:no pick is going to be better than RW, but it is fair to not give up the future for a rental. but if he signs that extension then it's worth it.

Only to potentially be stood up by your date.
siar617
Analyst

Post#46 » by siar617 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:51 pm

omerome wrote:
siar617 wrote:

Only to potentially be stood up by your date.

Loll
Spike the punch and take that loud drunk teacher behind the bleachers
goldenbrandon
Senior
And1: 106

Post#47 » by goldenbrandon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm betting if we get Russ on a deal around picks where we keep the big 4, he'll sign the extension just because it gives him a chance to prevent KD from winning a title. Honestly believe he would push us ahead of the Cavs. Even if he didn't, and we won the championship it's worth every pick the next decade. Basically one title is worth it all for me. Besides KP we been missing in the draft. Jordan Hill ahead of Curry is when I gave up on the draft.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#48 » by Thorn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:39 pm

goldenbrandon wrote:

I'm betting if we get Russ on a deal around picks where we keep the big 4, he'll sign the extension just because it gives him a chance to prevent KD from winning a title. Honestly believe he would push us ahead of the Cavs. Even if he didn't, and we won the championship it's worth every pick the next decade. Basically one title is worth it all for me. Besides KP we been missing in the draft. Jordan Hill ahead of Curry is when I gave up on the draft.

Minor correction we picked 8th that year (2009), Curry went 7th. We had no chance at Curry.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#49 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:58 pm

No DFish
No Rambis as HC
No Ole' frolicking in a meadow
No KS black hole
No Dolan (still)

Let's get it
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
MR IB4TL
Senior
And1: 359

Post#50 » by MR IB4TL » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Image

Best GIF EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#51 » by br7knicks » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:48 am

Fat Kat wrote:Image

this is probably the greatest piece of art created since the sistine chapel
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#52 » by Esq-4 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Thorn wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:

Minor correction we picked 8th that year (2009), Curry went 7th. We had no chance at Curry.

You mean Jennings or DD maybe? It was Griffin, Thabeet, Harden, Evans, Rubio, Flynn, Curry, Hill, DeRozen, Jennings. No one spectacular later on, although Holiday and Lawson were drafted that year too.

Flynn and Rubio both taken by the Wolves... That must hurt...two shots and still got the wrong PG - especially Flynn. Not a bad top 10, despite 2 busts. Evans, Jennings and Hill are at least players, borderline starters. Rubio a solid starter. The other four are all Stars

Return to New York Knicks