ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deep Fried
Junior
And1: 220

We are a wolfpack and here to help (Discussion Thread) 

Post#461 » by Deep Fried » Sat Dec 3, 2016 9:40 pm

anyone capable of making me a Kuz sig? or point me in the direction of someone who could. i would love to wear that badge of honor with pride around the General Board!

thank you in advance..
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too 

Post#462 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Dec 4, 2016 10:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:How to we add a sig to our page? I went to "Profile" but only found a button for avatars

:lol:

See? This is why people don't post in the Community Thread. It's gets completely ignored ... even by the mods (and I love you guys)! :rofl:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#463 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:21 pm

What happened to the Official Thread of the Eastern Conference Standings? DaGawd and I were having a conversation about the direction of the team and I didn't get to see his last response. It may have been very important.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#464 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:What happened to the Official Thread of the Eastern Conference Standings? DaGawd and I were having a conversation about the direction of the team and I didn't get to see his last response. It may have been very important.

Locked and moved it to restricted. :-? No need for that this early in the season when it serves the exact same purpose that the Around the NBA thread does. Sorry, WIngo.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Re: We are a wolfpack and here to help (Discussion Thread) 

Post#465 » by digitaldropoff » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:04 pm

Coming to NY for my first visit next week.....got floor seat for Billy Joel on Saturday and Book of Mormon on Thursday. Anyone have a few recommendations to fill in the rest.....

Looking for killer steakhouse
A few of the better cocktail spots and clubs
Another slightly less tourist activity....
Is there a good place to find things to party with? :)

Any advice or notes are very welcomed and appreciated!
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#466 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Thou shall not use a semicolon if you don't know how to use it.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: We are a wolfpack and here to help (Discussion Thread) 

Post#467 » by magnumt » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:48 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:Coming to NY for my first visit next week.....got floor seat for Billy Joel on Saturday and Book of Mormon on Thursday. Anyone have a few recommendations to fill in the rest.....

Looking for killer steakhouse
A few of the better cocktail spots and clubs
Another slightly less tourist activity....
Is there a good place to find things to party with? :)

Any advice or notes are very welcomed and appreciated!

Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn for Steak (Peter Luger obviously :nod: ). Some parts of Long Island have some excellent italian restaurants for Steak. Yelp it and you'll get some great options.

Definitely do the Rainbow Room by Rockefeller. :) Here, this list will help out a little:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/nycs-5-best-bars-near-rockefeller-center-and-bryant-park/

Catch a game while you're here too! You can visit our famous 53rd & 6th cart for a taste of NYC history (along with Katz). :nod: You can also go to the ESPN Zone near MSG before and after catching a game (Knicks are away atm). But you can also go to downtown Brooklyn and catch a Nets game at Barclays.

Finally, don't forget to visit some famous stores to shop (like the NBA or Toysrus stores). :)

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#468 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:13 am

Long, long time reader, life long fan, born and bred New Yorker. Finally signed up because I've been reading so long that it seems like I know everybody like family, so I felt like it was about time I joined in on the chatter.

Looking to have good basketball discussions here and hopefully there are good times ahead! I will now kindly.....you know the drill.... :lol:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#469 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

So how goes the Christmas shopping? I'm about halfway through, but most stuff for the kids is done.

It's cold as hell here today. -20 celcuis, and feels like -30 with the wind chill.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#470 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:05 pm

15 degrees out with a real feel of 8-10 this morning and I ran 9.26 miles in 78 ish minutes. 4 layers of clothing, warm gloves, and a warm hoodie and I was good to go. Only 2 days after running 8 miles in ~65 minutes on my birthday. :D
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#471 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm

King of Canada wrote:So how goes the Christmas shopping? I'm about halfway through, but most stuff for the kids is done.

It's cold as hell here today. -20 celcuis, and feels like -30 with the wind chill.

I got (and gave) a Harry Potter 1000 piece puzzle to my girlfriend as a relaxing half-present for Hanukkah. Then we both split a cookbook from Tasty...which still has not shipped yet...which is annoying. Gonna split a Gotham City 4D puzzle with my sisters and get that for my dad. No idea what I'm getting my mom or sisters for Hanukkah though...
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#472 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:So how goes the Christmas shopping? I'm about halfway through, but most stuff for the kids is done.

I got (and gave) a Harry Potter 1000 piece puzzle to my girlfriend as a relaxing half-present for Hanukkah. Then we both split a cookbook from Tasty...which still has not shipped yet...which is annoying. Gonna split a Gotham City 4D puzzle with my sisters and get that for my dad. No idea what I'm getting my mom or sisters for Hanukkah though...

Awesome, puzzles are great. I read Harry Potter to my kids most nights at bed time. We're halfway through the last book now.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#473 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:17 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Awesome, puzzles are great. I read Harry Potter to my kids most nights at bed time. We're halfway through the last book now.

Yah. She didn't want anything, but I wanted to get her something small and seeing as she's a huge HP fan, this was a perfect gift - she's like 10% done? We're actually watching all the movies (or have been) the last 2 months and have the final two left. I didn't finish reading the books and never saw the last two (but I know what happens). So so so great. After this, we're gonna watch Star Wars because she's never seen them and Despicable Me 2. :D
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#474 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Yah. She didn't want anything, but I wanted to get her something small and seeing as she's a huge HP fan, this was a perfect gift - she's like 10% done? We're actually watching all the movies (or have been) the last 2 months and have the final two left. I didn't finish reading the books and never saw the last two (but I know what happens). So so so great. After this, we're gonna watch Star Wars because she's never seen them and Despicable Me 2. :D

Wow, she's never seen SW? She'll be surprised.

I'm taking my son to Rogue One early next week. He's 8 and the two of us are going to each new movie as they come out.

My wife and I haven't really bought each other anything for years. We've got 3 kids, and she stayed at home with the kids, so money has been tight for 10 years. She went back to work this year so we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#475 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

I'm taking my son to Rogue One early next week. He's 8 and the two of us are going to each new movie as they come out.

My wife and I haven't really bought each other anything for years. We've got 3 kids, and she stayed at home with the kids, so money has been tight for 10 years. She went back to work this year so we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

She hasn't seen most movies :lol: Basically grew up on Friends + Gilmore Girls and other random movies. So we've got a long list of movies. She did come to see Deadpool, BVS (the 2nd of 3 times I saw it), and Suicide Squad with me in theaters, which were all awesome.

That should be fun going with your son! I'm going with my dad tomorrow afternoon. Bought tickets a few days ago and there were only like 5 seats left available in the theater. Unbelievable.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#476 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

She hasn't seen most movies :lol: Basically grew up on Friends + Gilmore Girls and other random movies. So we've got a long list of movies.

That should be fun going with your son! I'm going with my dad tomorrow afternoon. Bought tickets a few days ago and there were only like 5 seats left available in the theater. Unbelievable.

We're waiting until next week just so it's not as nuts. When we went last year I wanted to dress up in a costume with him, but we ended up not doing it. :)
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#477 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:31 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

She hasn't seen most movies :lol: Basically grew up on Friends + Gilmore Girls and other random movies. So we've got a long list of movies.

We're waiting until next week just so it's not as nuts. When we went last year I wanted to dress up in a costume with him, but we ended up not doing it. :)

Haha, what stopped you? I semi-dressed up for Comic-Con the last two years. Next year if one of my best friends is able to go, we're both going to dress up. I bet if I asked my girlfriend she'd say yes also. I'd be Clark Kent, she'd be Lois Lane, and my best friend will be...the awkward third wheel. :lol:
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by King of Canada » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Haha, what stopped you? I semi-dressed up for Comic-Con the last two years. Next year if one of my best friends is able to go, we're both going to dress up. I bet if I asked my girlfriend she'd say yes also. I'd be Clark Kent, she'd be Lois Lane, and my best friend will be...the awkward third wheel. :lol:

I was Hagrid for Halloween last year, and my son was Harry Potter. He looked exactly like Potter. Same hair, glasses, etc...my wife made the scarf and robes for him. My oldest daughter went as Hermione too. I actually took the kids out to a local forest park and took some photos. I photoshopped them to look like something out of Harry Potter. It was very cool. I'll pm you the pic.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#479 » by magnumt » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:50 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Is it bad that I enjoyed Minions more than Despicable Me? I also loved Hotel Transylvania, Inside Out, How to Train Your Dragon, and looking forward to Sing when it comes out.

Big HP fan too. :lol: Emma Watson is on my list of marriageable celebrities. :D

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#480 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:53 pm

magnumt wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Is it bad that I enjoyed Minions more than Despicable Me? I also loved Hotel Transylvania, Inside Out, How to Train Your Dragon, and looking forward to Sing when it comes out.

Big HP fan too. :lol: Emma Watson is on my list of marriageable celebrities. :D

--Mags

They're all 1a, b, c to me. The ride at Universal was unbelievable too :D

They're making a Despicable Me 3!

Return to New York Knicks