ImageImageImageImageImage

Everything we've been saying for years about Melo (Video)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Everything we've been saying for years about Melo (Video) 

Post#1 » by islanders11040 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:42 am

Courtesy of BBALLBREAKDOWN:

Cant wait for this season to start
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Everything we've been saying for years about Melo (Video) 

Post#2 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:53 am

islanders11040 wrote:Courtesy of BBALLBREAKDOWN:

Cant wait for this season to start

This guy offers a lot of insights with his videos, and I think from what I've seen over the course of the last 2 years, he's pretty accurate. He explains things well, and they're very enjoyable to watch. Kudos to him for the video.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

will34
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,571

Post#3 » by will34 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:53 am

I love bball breakdown. Those videos are so good. Helps me understand so much more about the game.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#4 » by JBreezeNY » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:51 am

Things got sad as fu*k when they brought up the rosters he played with and the minutes logged mixed with the 2nd best players.

Give the man talent and he can shoot & catch all the way to 50 like he did against Miami.
goldenbrandon
Senior
And1: 106

Post#5 » by goldenbrandon » Thu Aug 4, 2016 4:00 am

Nice find. Excited and ready for the season
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,178

Post#6 » by M2J » Thu Aug 4, 2016 6:43 am

True Melo needs more help to compete, bUT find it funny how he kept saying he's not the threat KD is or Kobe or Bron.

3 guys that have never done anything in the league without stars around them. Well lebron had, but against terrible competition and has been following stars for 6 years now.

Give Melo his props, he's been an elite scorer in the league from day 1, with limited help. And has had some good team records. When he's around talent such as a LeBron or Durant he shines as bright or brighter. That doesn't mean he's a better second option, means he's just better with help. Not unlike anyone else.

The one year where Felton and Tysons p and r was a legit second option with strong 3pt shooting, he was as good as anyone

Watch out this year.
KayCSmooth
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#7 » by KayCSmooth » Thu Aug 4, 2016 7:47 pm

M2J wrote:True Melo needs more help to compete, bUT find it funny how he kept saying he's not the threat KD is or Kobe or Bron.

3 guys that have never done anything in the league without stars around them. Well lebron had, but against terrible competition and has been following stars for 6 years now.

Give Melo his props, he's been an elite scorer in the league from day 1, with limited help. And has had some good team records. When he's around talent such as a LeBron or Durant he shines as bright or brighter. That doesn't mean he's a better second option, means he's just better with help. Not unlike anyone else.

The one year where Felton and Tysons p and r was a legit second option with strong 3pt shooting, he was as good as anyone

Watch out this year.

That's a really good point. I know LeBron didn't have much help the first time in Cleveland, but like you said Durant always had star caliber help around him. The "Melo isn't on the KD or Lebron level" part was the only thing I disagree with. But it's just my opinion. Looove his videos though!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#8 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 7:57 pm

They also say hes not a leader but he's the leader of team USA. listen to how the guys talk about him.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Tennyten
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#9 » by Tennyten » Fri Aug 5, 2016 1:05 am

This is one of the reasons Lebron holds out to sign his contracts. Since losing to the Celtics version of the big 3 when he was with the Cavs he has yet to be in the position Melo has been in. Forcing mgmt to put players around him before he signs.
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#10 » by nykfan42 » Fri Aug 5, 2016 1:22 am

I can't wait for Dad Melo part 2 with KP.
Make the Knicks great again!
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#11 » by nykfan42 » Fri Aug 5, 2016 1:36 am

That video is exactly why Melo's numbers or efficiency have gone down. Part of it may be due to injuries or age although I don't think 31 is old especially with his style of play. Melo is far more effective when he has space and makes quick decisions. Whether it's catch and shoot or taking a guy off the dribble quickly. It's when he gets stuck with the ball as a way to bail out his crappy teammates he's had since 2013 like JR Smith and other scrub 2nd options.

Now Melo has KP with a year of NBA experience and 3 other starters that are actually NBA caliber. I expect Melo to get much better looks at the basket this season and I think it's gonna be a well balanced attack on the offensive end too.

Dad Melo.
Make the Knicks great again!
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#12 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Aug 5, 2016 12:05 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but Melo has more lift in his jumper now than 6 months ago. We can only presume that he was struggling physically then.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#13 » by kane » Fri Aug 5, 2016 12:49 pm

It's really just common sense, the more talent on a team you can't double and focus on one player

If melo had other players to drive and kick out to him that's what you call adding players that compliment each other and why amare and melo never worked, if rose can stay on the court we should see a little of that team usa melo

Return to New York Knicks