ImageImageImageImageImage

Wilson Chandler defends Carmelo Anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Re: Wilson Chandler defends Carmelo Anthony 

Post#181 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:27 pm

TraSoul82 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
mrcalzone wrote:The media and their fake outrage, Melo been doing that since 2012-13, why the outrage now?

That reporter needs to seriously get laid.

He probably pays prostitutes to suck their toes :lol:

Melo needs to keep doing the 3 to the dome.

Because now he's an ambassador for change, with a goal of bridging a misunderstood minority with law enforcement. As I posted earlier. I honestly dont think Melos given it much thought up until now and Im not bashing him for it, but now that its out there if this is the role he wants he might wanna ditch the move. Maybe a peace sign is in order or some other unifying symbolic move.

But think about it. Youre promoting one thing and then making a move that contradicts your message. Its less about being forced to change and more about his self imposed responsibility to change. He never had to put himself out there in the forefront of a peace movement. And kids are now watching

[BILL BURR]d'oh_jeezush[/BILL BURR]

Kids have been watching. But That has nothing to do with the fact that the move has never been a violent gesture. So how exactly is he contradicting his message? No one has EVER held their hand that way to simulate gunfire and no one should be validating the Jason Whitlock formula for journalistic success.

Well then what does the jesture mean?
CJackson
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#182 » by CJackson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm

TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#183 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man of the People

Must be Rio - his teammates are playing better than last year's Knicks.

That little kid at the beginning of the video hit more open jumpers off a Melo pass than Jose has in two years, although the refs for this game might have missed him taking an extra step or two.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#184 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:31 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man of the People

Must be Rio - his teammates are playing better than last year's Knicks.

That little kid at the beginning of the video hit more open jumpers off a Melo pass than Jose has in two years, although the refs for this game might have missed him taking an extra step or two.

It's ok - he's faster than Jose was, too. Have you noticed how the Spanish team is hiding Jose? They're fairly smart there. I'm still happy every time I think of him not playing for us. Ahhhhhh...

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

TraSoul82
Junior
And1: 182

Post#185 » by TraSoul82 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
TraSoul82 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Because now he's an ambassador for change, with a goal of bridging a misunderstood minority with law enforcement. As I posted earlier. I honestly dont think Melos given it much thought up until now and Im not bashing him for it, but now that its out there if this is the role he wants he might wanna ditch the move. Maybe a peace sign is in order or some other unifying symbolic move.

But think about it. Youre promoting one thing and then making a move that contradicts your message. Its less about being forced to change and more about his self imposed responsibility to change. He never had to put himself out there in the forefront of a peace movement. And kids are now watching

Kids have been watching. But That has nothing to do with the fact that the move has never been a violent gesture. So how exactly is he contradicting his message? No one has EVER held their hand that way to simulate gunfire and no one should be validating the Jason Whitlock formula for journalistic success.

Simply, "take those 3 points. It messes with your mind."

I honestly never viewed it as a violent gesture, but for the sake of argument, when a Wizard hits a clutch 3, Steve Buckhantz yells "DAGGERRRRRRR!!!!!" Is he advocating stabbings or just saying that shot just demoralized the other team?

It's a branding thing for him, taken from Rasheed Wallace. You could claim sexual innuendos for MJ's tongue wag or Aaron Rogers'/Novak's belt gesture.

I'll just say this: show me any verifiable evidence that you've expressed ANY displeasure with the gesture before this article and I'll respect your position. Until then...
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#186 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:55 pm

TraSoul82 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
TraSoul82 wrote:

Simply, "take those 3 points. It messes with your mind."

I honestly never viewed it as a violent gesture, but for the sake of argument, when a Wizard hits a clutch 3, Steve Buckhantz yells "DAGGERRRRRRR!!!!!" Is he advocating stabbings or just saying that shot just demoralized the other team?

It's a branding thing for him, taken from Rasheed Wallace. You could claim sexual innuendos for MJ's tongue wag or Aaron Rogers'/Novak's belt gesture.

I'll just say this: show me any verifiable evidence that you've expressed ANY displeasure with the gesture before this article and I'll respect your position. Until then...

For me its less about what I feel about the gesture and more about what message Melo wants to convey. Melo don't gotta answer any questions on my behalf that's for sure. But if a member of the media asks him what the gesture means he better have as good an explanation as you just mentioned is all Im saying. I hear your point though.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#187 » by NYKAL » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:58 pm

unless he's doing a trigger motion at the same time, anyone reading more into this than meaning (I hit a f-king 3) needs to share what they are smoking with the rest of the board.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#188 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:47 pm

NYKAL wrote:unless he's doing a trigger motion at the same time, anyone reading more into this than meaning (I hit a f-king 3) needs to share what they are smoking with the rest of the board.

Even if he does a trigger motion, who cares? Sports are compensation for the natural human desire for combat. Throat slashing and gun shooting gestures are perfectly natural in sports, and I see nothing wrong with that. It's not like anyone is going to go out and shoot someone because melo pretends to fire a gun. The whole thing is PC garbage.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#189 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:53 pm

FirePjax wrote:
NYKAL wrote:unless he's doing a trigger motion at the same time, anyone reading more into this than meaning (I hit a f-king 3) needs to share what they are smoking with the rest of the board.

Even if he does a trigger motion, who cares? Sports are compensation for the natural human desire for combat. Throat slashing and gun shooting gestures are perfectly natural in sports, and I see nothing wrong with that. It's not like anyone is going to go out and shoot someone because melo pretends to fire a gun. The whole thing is PC garbage.

I wouldn't even go so far as to say it is PC garbage. I would say it's because it is Melo and he is a Knick. If the same story had been written about any other player that makes some kind of gun sign after hitting a shot the writer would have been laughed at and the story would have hardly been noticed. Since it's Melo it's a big deal.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#190 » by NYKAL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

FirePjax wrote:

it matters because people will make it matter. Look at this thread alone...the amount of pages dedicated to this. It proves my point. Personally, I don't give a crap about it. The world has gotten WAY TOO PC for me and has been for some time.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#191 » by knicksNOTslick » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:02 am

Anyone can be a journalist nowadays. That's why you see reporters reaching every time they think of something that can get them views. Next thing you know he's gonna talk about getting PTSD every time Melo hits a trey and does the three to the dome gesture.

I think I'm more outraged at all the floppers falling to the ground acting like they got their head shot. They're mocking all the people that actually got gunned down in real life. Reporters should go after Ginobili, Varejao, Lebron, etc.
tapshotta
Junior
And1: 169

Post#192 » by tapshotta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:05 pm

wouldn't this technically be "simulated suicide" and not "simulated murder"?
hominy ad sugar
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#193 » by bleu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 pm

I saw something about this on Twitter the other day, no doubt one of the stupidest sports "stories" I've ever heard about. Whatever journalist(s) are getting on Melo's case for this needs to be fired. I mean, are there actually people who saw that and were outraged? Some people just look for reasons to get offended and/or write a "news" story.
kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#194 » by kej718 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:46 am

naijaboy
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#195 » by naijaboy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:16 pm

the funniest part just watching the Olympics you see KD doing that gun in holster celebration after hitting those three's but I guess only Melo should be mindful of his celebration.

Return to New York Knicks