ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Ben Simmons Broke His Foot

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,437

Re: OT: Ben Simmons Broke His Foot 

Post#61 » by KnicksGod » Mon Oct 3, 2016 5:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I have to go with the sentiment that Philly fans are such aholes that I don't really care. I'd only want it to happen to boston more.

I care that it happened to Simmons and feel bad for him, could give less than two sh*ts about how Philly fans themselves feel.

Simple and straightforward way to explain the idea of feeling bad about injuries to any one guy but not sympathetic to a team or its fans when that injury happens.

Especially for Knicks fans -- a lot of the fan bases and media actively have rooted for *anything* to bring us down over the years.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,983

Post#62 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 3, 2016 6:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
CJackson wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:What was that line Phil had about upsetting the basketball Gods?

Smoke Peyote first, ask questions later

Smoke peyote? I've never done that. I've eaten peyote. Is there a different high when smoking it?

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#63 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Oct 3, 2016 7:00 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I have to go with the sentiment that Philly fans are such aholes that I don't really care. I'd only want it to happen to boston more.

I care that it happened to Simmons and feel bad for him, could give less than two sh*ts about how Philly fans themselves feel.

Simple and straightforward way to explain the idea of feeling bad about injuries to any one guy but not sympathetic to a team or its fans when that injury happens.

Especially for Knicks fans -- a lot of the fan bases and media actively have rooted for *anything* to bring us down over the years.

Haha....opposing fans don't really have to root for anything when Jimmy Dolan is running that team. It's more of a sit back and watch the car crash kind of event....certainly not rooting one way or the other.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,437

Post#64 » by KnicksGod » Mon Oct 3, 2016 8:06 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Haha....opposing fans don't really have to root for anything when Jimmy Dolan is running that team. It's more of a sit back and watch the car crash kind of event....certainly not rooting one way or the other.

Sounds good, so good, but not how the human brain or logic works. Any team can start winning with little "warning" and certainly regardless of their owner, which is a figment of most fans' imagination. There are a ton of sports owners (the vast majority) who are a little crazy or a little regressed. Many of them win. The fan mentality knows this and doesn't sit back waiting for disaster -- they ROOT for disaster.

Go look at pictures of Wayne Huizenga hoisting the trophy. One of the more idiotic people on this planet. But made a lot of money and won it all.

Look no further than George Steinbrenner. Yeah I know -- but but but he wanted to win. LOL. Hindsight is 20/20. They don't come more ridiculous than George Steinbrenner. Spend money and get lucky. The Dolan can't win thing is wrong and stupid. The dude HAS won in hockey. What's different? Nothing.

Nothing separating Wayne and George and Jim. Nothing.

But I digress. As far as fans not rooting against the Knicks, I don't believe you for a second. Not for a nanosecond.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,946

Post#65 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 3, 2016 8:11 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Sounds good, so good, but not how the human brain or logic works. Any team can start winning with little "warning" and certainly regardless of their owner, which is a figment of most fans' imagination. There are a ton of sports owners (the vast majority) who are a little crazy or a little regressed. Many of them win. The fan mentality knows this and doesn't sit back waiting for disaster -- they ROOT for disaster.

Go look at pictures of Wayne Huizenga hoisting the trophy. One of the more idiotic people on this planet. But made a lot of money and won it all.

Look no further than George Steinbrenner. Yeah I know -- but but but he wanted to win. LOL. Hindsight is 20/20. They don't come more ridiculous than George Steinbrenner. Spend money and get lucky. The Dolan can't win thing is wrong and stupid. The dude HAS won in hockey. What's different? Nothing.

Nothing separating Wayne and George and Jim. Nothing.

But I digress. As far as fans not rooting against the Knicks, I don't believe you for a second. Not for a nanosecond.

i agree. except, basketball seems to be dolan's sport of interest and the one he seems to meddle with most.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#66 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 3, 2016 9:58 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
CJackson wrote:
Smoke Peyote first, ask questions later

Smoke peyote? I've never done that. I've eaten peyote. Is there a different high when smoking it?

:lol:

Return to New York Knicks