ImageImageImageImageImage

I still can't believe we have to deal with 4 years of him

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Re: I still can't believe we have to deal with 4 years of him 

Post#201 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:26 am

god shammgod wrote:funny thing about noah is that he played really well in the home opener and in the return to chicago game. those were his best games. so with motivation he can play really well. he just aint that motivated to do it all the time.

It's hard to stay motivated all the time when the only stuff you can realistically do is garbage work and act like a raging maniac on D and the boards (acting like a raging maniac is tiring :lol: ). His only offensive skill is passing the ball. As the years pass by and a player gets older they just lose the passion to do all the dirty work all the time so they end up just riding the pine collecting checks.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#202 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:45 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:To be honest... I know we overpaid Noah... I knew what we were getting when we signed him.. But his overall defense has been pretty bad. Much worse then I was expecting. Hes older and lost a few steps... Or maybe he just needs some more games to get into game shape. I don't know.. But as every game goes by, the signing looks worse and worse... And not against Noah... But against Phil Jackson. Its 1 thing to offer a guy past his prime with injury history 18 million dollars, its another thing to offer the same guy 4 years... I could have lived with 2 years... hell even 2 years + an option... but 4 years? Noah is going to be 36 by then... :crazy: :banghead: :noway:

Noah is a type of player for his whole career never played out a full season... averages 66 games played for most seasons... was hurt his last 2 years with the bulls...We couldn't have been expecting to get Prime Noah... We paid for prime Noah... Arguments I have been seeing was that his locker room presence and ability to be a floor general are invaluable.... well... invaluable to me = wins.... and we aint winning.

Im not knocking a 32 year old center for what he is... But 85% of this board thought we overpaid for him this summer... But we at least expected good defense from the guy... His D has been subpar... and the same with KP... Both our bigmen were expected to hold the paint down...And they both so far... have been a huge disappointment.

18 boards is nice... But David Lee used to bring down 18 boards too. I need some defense and some rim protection from my 2 big men.

Nail on the head. Its like saying what we are getting is what we should have expected. Aint no way in hell we thought Noah would have been this bad.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,271

Post#203 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:57 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:To be honest... I know we overpaid Noah... I knew what we were getting when we signed him.. But his overall defense has been pretty bad. Much worse then I was expecting. Hes older and lost a few steps... Or maybe he just needs some more games to get into game shape. I don't know.. But as every game goes by, the signing looks worse and worse... And not against Noah... But against Phil Jackson. Its 1 thing to offer a guy past his prime with injury history 18 million dollars, its another thing to offer the same guy 4 years... I could have lived with 2 years... hell even 2 years + an option... but 4 years? Noah is going to be 36 by then... :crazy: :banghead: :noway:

Noah is a type of player for his whole career never played out a full season... averages 66 games played for most seasons... was hurt his last 2 years with the bulls...We couldn't have been expecting to get Prime Noah... We paid for prime Noah... Arguments I have been seeing was that his locker room presence and ability to be a floor general are invaluable.... well... invaluable to me = wins.... and we aint winning.

Im not knocking a 32 year old center for what he is... But 85% of this board thought we overpaid for him this summer... But we at least expected good defense from the guy... His D has been subpar... and the same with KP... Both our bigmen were expected to hold the paint down...And they both so far... have been a huge disappointment.

18 boards is nice... But David Lee used to bring down 18 boards too. I need some defense and some rim protection from my 2 big men.

Prime Noah would fetch a lot more than 18 million. We had a hole to fill and limited options. We needed to spend that money and needed a center. Tough situation.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#204 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:03 am

Ya'll better PRAY we can get an amnesty clause in the new CBA. Please do your prayers.

We need to get rid of this mistake of a contract before it sinks this franchise like Marbury, Curry, Jerome and Jeffries contacts all once did.
RealGM
And1: 39,134

Post#205 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:09 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:

Nail on the head. Its like saying what we are getting is what we should have expected. Aint no way in hell we thought Noah would have been this bad.

Again, the difference between what you and Knicksfan20 is saying is that he is placing the blame with Phil. Where it should be. Not with Noah. If Noah is indeed lost a few steps then why did Phil outbid himself and pay for prime Noah, like he said? I'm more aggy wit Phil than I am wit Noah, tbh.

EDIT: And this is absolutely what we should have expected from Noah. Last year he was hurt but even when he was playing he wasn't scoring, wasn't finishing in the paint, wasn't protecting the rim, and was a 25mpg player. What were you expecting? DPOTY Noah?

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#206 » by el13adnino » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:00 am

so fast foward to trade deadline .... what are some realistic options for noah
:crazy:
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#207 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:02 am

el13adnino wrote:so fast foward to trade deadline .... what are some realistic options for noah

None. Zero. Nada.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#208 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:26 am

2010 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Again, the difference between what you and Knicksfan20 is saying is that he is placing the blame with Phil. Where it should be. Not with Noah. If Noah is indeed lost a few steps then why did Phil outbid himself and pay for prime Noah, like he said? I'm more aggy wit Phil than I am wit Noah, tbh.

EDIT: And this is absolutely what we should have expected from Noah. Last year he was hurt but even when he was playing he wasn't scoring, wasn't finishing in the paint, wasn't protecting the rim, and was a 25mpg player. What were you expecting? DPOTY Noah?

My man. Check this. FOH.

Now you look like a weirdo cause your commenting to me or about me when I'm not even talking to you or about you. You doing it in two threads.

Why would I be expecting DPTOY Noah when I was not for the signing anyway. I was not one of the posters on cloud 9 cause we got him. But he damn sure is playing well below the standards of what I would call a respectable bigman. I could careless about his passing. Fact of the matter is Noah is playing like ass on the defensive end. When a play er is playing like ****, you can say what you want. WTF are you the Noah Police? I can place blame on Phil AND still **** on the way Noah is playing.

I guess people should not comment on Lance Thomas play no more and only talk about Phil Jackson cause he signed him. :crazy:

Like I said I knew you was on some corn **** when you could not wait to come to thread after the game and cry foul over the dude.

I left this **** alone friday.

With that I'm done. Continue by yourself. You can have the last word for all I care.
RealGM
And1: 39,134

Post#209 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:27 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
2010 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

My man. Check this. FOH.

Now you look like a weirdo cause your commenting to me or about me when I'm not even talking to you or about you. You doing it in two threads.

Why would I be expecting DPTOY Noah when I was not for the signing anyway. I was not one of the posters on cloud 9 cause we got him. But he damn sure is playing well below the standards of what I would call a respectable bigman. I could careless about his passing. Fact of the matter is Noah is playing like ass on the defensive end. When a play er is playing like ****, you can say what you want. WTF are you the Noah Police? I can place blame on Phil AND still **** on the way Noah is playing.

I guess people should not comment on Lance Thomas play no more and only talk about Phil Jackson cause he signed him. :crazy:

Like I said I knew you was on some corn **** when you could not wait to come to thread after the game and cry foul over the dude.

I left this **** alone friday.

With that I'm done. Continue by yourself. You can have the last word for all I care.

This dude is talking real wreckless but I'ma just sit back and laugh it off and keep it moving and not escalate ****.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#210 » by MrProb » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:20 am

K P 6 wrote:Chicago fans was saying he starts off slow. traditional Big men take time to get in game shape. Remember we wanted to personally walk Robin Lopez out of New York City?

Point is im giving it some time.

Sorry this is NYK you're talking about, we're always in "Win NOW" mode, no time for new players to gel, new coach to settled in.

We don't even have time for 10 games.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,502

Post#211 » by DaGawd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 am

el13adnino wrote:so fast foward to trade deadline .... what are some realistic options for noah

Are we attaching KP or a first rounder with him? If not the we really don't have any options.. Unless Phil delivers a miracle
BaF
Washington Wizards
jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Post#212 » by jackwindham » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:10 am

Attaching Porzingis? I don't think that would be a good trade.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: RE: Re: I still can't believe we have to deal with 4 years of him 

Post#213 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:18 am

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Chicago fans was saying he starts off slow. traditional Big men take time to get in game shape. Remember we wanted to personally walk Robin Lopez out of New York City?

Traditionally, big men aren't as injury-prone and broken down as Noah is. You can't convince me that a guy who is always hurting is going to get BETTER with time.

I guess Anthony Davis is a waste as well. You just described him.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:24 am

Anthony Davis isn't 31 years old.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:33 am

2010 wrote:Y'all are some Grade A bitches. Dude got 18 rebs tonight. Get off Noah dyck and stop tearing your own plays down for what they are not. Every single one of y'all knew he wasn't no damn shooter or scorer or even a shotblocker. You wanna be mad about the contract years and dollars. Blame your Pres of Ops Phil for offering the contract and bidding against himself like a novice GM would for a guy who was desperate to come play for his hometown team anyway that just acquired his best friend.

Totally agree. I have no real issues with Noah deal but I know that 4th year certainly should not have been offered guaranteed. And for the record, cats are lying to themselves now. Now way they expected something that Noah was hardly ever at.

Noah is a rebounder, great passer, and a defensive captain...he calls out picks and rotations and is good at helping out, on offense if he gives you one point he has exceed himself in that area.

When Noah was signed, most with some experience watching the league wanted Noah to play the "Bogut role", I know I certainly did, and that's pretty much what he is doing. His yearly salary shouldn't be a major issue because that's what bigs get nowadays.

I also expected 65 games from him. he's clearly on pace to get that provided Hornacek limits these 30+ minute games.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:34 am

MP4LIFE wrote:Anthony Davis isn't 31 years old.

he's a broken down player, so his age don't matter.

SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#217 » by SaveUsKP6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

Traditionally, big men aren't as injury-prone and broken down as Noah is. You can't convince me that a guy who is always hurting is going to get BETTER with time.

I'll pretend like you didn't just compare a legitimate MVP candidate to Joakim freakin Noah. You take a little bit more good with the bad when the upside is as massive as Brow's.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 pm

SaveUsKP6 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
SaveUsKP6 wrote:

I'll pretend like you didn't just compare a legitimate MVP candidate to Joakim freakin Noah. You take a little bit more good with the bad when the upside is as massive as Brow's.

No, I compared injury prone players, surprised that point got missed.

What exactly is the massive upside with a player that's always hurt? This question applies to ANY often injured player.

And I do like Davis, but he's an all- stats, no impact player, and he's never been a serious MVP candidate, so that needs to stop.

You cant be that good and your team be that bad, and being injury prone does not help his case.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,502

Post#219 » by DaGawd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:26 pm

jackwindham wrote:Attaching Porzingis? I don't think that would be a good trade.

Of course not. Neither would attaching a first. My point is we're stuck with him
BaF
Washington Wizards
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,554

Post#220 » by ctorres » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Over the last 5 games, Noah has averaged 26.2 mpg, 7.0 ppg, 53.3% fg's, 60.0% ft's, 9.8 rpg, 2.6 apg, and 1.6 spg

I'd be fine with those numbers throughout a whole season at the money he is making. He needs to be our Dennis Rodman.

Return to New York Knicks