ImageImageImageImageImage

Hahn Podcasts destroys Melo!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Hahn Podcasts destroys Melo! 

Post#161 » by br7knicks » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:melo isn't that vocal guy. i do like/agree with what they're saying about jennings. he is that vocal guy, and he has that old school mentality i like. i do think he doesn't display high bballiq, which sucks as a PG.

Jennings is basically a PG version of Lance Stephenson. When he's great he's vocal and has that old school mentality. You just hope that you can marginalize that BBIQ bit which you do by having a good coaching staff that knows how to manage him.

i meant that old school mentality, like when he pulled KP away from helping an opponent up after he knocked him down. i know BJ has his faults, and i'm far from a fan. but i do like that he plays with a chip on his shoulder, he plays angrily, and that he wants to be in NY.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,126

Post#162 » by moocow007 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 pm

br7knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:melo isn't that vocal guy. i do like/agree with what they're saying about jennings. he is that vocal guy, and he has that old school mentality i like. i do think he doesn't display high bballiq, which sucks as a PG.

Jennings is basically a PG version of Lance Stephenson. When he's great he's vocal and has that old school mentality. You just hope that you can marginalize that BBIQ bit which you do by having a good coaching staff that knows how to manage him.

i meant that old school mentality, like when he pulled KP away from helping an opponent up after he knocked him down. i know BJ has his faults, and i'm far from a fan. but i do like that he plays with a chip on his shoulder, he plays angrily, and that he wants to be in NY.

Understood. That's what Lance Stephenson (the good Lance) offers. He's got that same type of old school mentality, plays with a chip, plays angry, will get in opponents faces and wants to be in NY. I meant it (the comparison to Lance) as a compliment to Jennings.
br7knicks

Post#163 » by br7knicks » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

moocow007 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Understood. That's what Lance Stephenson (the good Lance) offers. He's got that same type of old school mentality, plays with a chip, plays angry, will get in opponents faces and wants to be in NY. I meant it (the comparison to Lance) as a compliment to Jennings.

i gotcha. you were right. but i re-read what i wrote i felt stupider having read what i said. but yes, that early indy lance is like BJ. i just hope it's not fake like what lance turned into. complacency can kill ya. i just hope BJ isn't doing this just for a paycheck. the way he's playing and how he's approaching games (calling out teammates for not being "locked in," etc.), i wouldn't mind him sticking around
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#164 » by br7knicks » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Or, at the minimum just play him with KP. His bball IQ might be questionable, but even he knows to feed Porzingis. :lol:

from what i've seen, i love jenning's chemistry with KP. they really seem to be in sync, for the most part. and kuz has learned that, if he's more driven and angry on offense, the team benefits - but comfort will happen in time.
RIP, magnumt '19

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#165 » by magnumt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:

TBH, I see Jennings' role/impact on this team as more akin to that of Sprewell, and how he helped spark us when he arrived. Baggage and all.

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
br7knicks

Post#166 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 am

magnumt wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

TBH, I see Jennings' role/impact on this team as more akin to that of Sprewell, and how he helped spark us when he arrived. Baggage and all.

--Mags

that's why i'm less angry when he takes stupid ass shots, or a stupid ass turnover. his attitude is what i like. just wish he was seen more as a leader so he could get the rest of the group to do the same.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#167 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:09 am

but i now see melo exactly how i see trump as president.

did i want him (vote?)? hell no. do i still want him on my team (as president?)? **** no. but rooting for him to fail is stupid. i don't root for the pilot to crash the airplane when i fly.
RIP, magnumt '19

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#168 » by Greenie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:42 am

br7knicks wrote:but i now see melo exactly how i see trump as president.

did i want him (vote?)? hell no. do i still want him on my team (as president?)? **** no. but rooting for him to fail is stupid. i don't root for the pilot to crash the airplane when i fly.

I hope your students upset you on Monday
br7knicks

Post#169 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:57 am

Greenie wrote:

RIP, magnumt '19

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#170 » by Greenie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:40 am

br7knicks wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Answer this question.
Do Greenie care about your feelings?
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#171 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:44 pm

If it could only be so simple, when really it can be, although I wouldn't place Melo in Trump land, although neither as the centerpiece/leader could make their Knicks/America great again. They both need help, help in ways the top dog shouldn't.

In Melo's case, he needs better talent around him, and with the simple mind a person may say who doesn't? All players do, that's obvious.

But all players don't need a player better than them. For the Knicks to win with Melo will require a player developed or acquired that is a better player than Melo, similar to how when Boston paired Pierce with KG and Ray, with KG being the better overall player, and Allen who could've/should've won the finals MVP.

KP could become that developed player as on offense he has shown to be quite capable on that end from the eye test and nearly every data metric, and major reason I'm hoping he makes the all-star team. Defensively he still needs work, especially with foul trouble, but he does seem to ramp up on that end in crucial points of games. Melo does as well at times to his credit.

But that's a really tall order to place on a 2nd year player.

There's one acquired player that would make things legit.....Chris Paul. The better player, the leader...all in one package.

Would CP3 leave?

Spoiler:
The Clippers are gonna collapse soon enough, they always do.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
br7knicks

Post#172 » by br7knicks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:

If it could only be so simple, when really it can be, although I wouldn't place Melo in Trump land, although neither as the centerpiece/leader could make their Knicks/America great again. They both need help, help in ways the top dog shouldn't.

In Melo's case, he needs better talent around him, and with the simple mind a person may say who doesn't? All players do, that's obvious.

But all players don't need a player better than them. For the Knicks to win with Melo will require a player developed or acquired that is a better player than Melo, similar to how when Boston paired Pierce with KG and Ray, with KG being the better overall player, and Allen who could've/should've won the finals MVP.

KP could become that developed player as on offense he has shown to be quite capable on that end from the eye test and nearly every data metric, and major reason I'm hoping he makes the all-star team. Defensively he still needs work, especially with foul trouble, but he does seem to ramp up on that end in crucial points of games. Melo does as well at times to his credit.

There's one acquired player that would make things legit.....Chris Paul. The better player, the leader...all in one package.

Would CP3 leave?

Spoiler:

i agree with you. i just meant that i used to hate melo and would wish he'd fail so the knicks would get rid of him. but i've learned that the knicks are not getting rid of him, and he's going nowhere. like trump, i'm stuck with him, so i shouldn't root against him anymore. just hope he has more games like the first charlotte one, not the second.

you are right, on your points though. the first step is admitting it, right?

and yes, the clippers will fail. i just made a $50 with my cousin. he thinks because they have the best record right now, they'll win the finals. i bet that they wouldn't even make finals - i said WCF, but he said just regular finals, the dummy.
RIP, magnumt '19

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#173 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:02 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Would CP3 leave?

Spoiler:

i agree with you. i just meant that i used to hate melo and would wish he'd fail so the knicks would get rid of him. but i've learned that the knicks are not getting rid of him, and he's going nowhere. like trump, i'm stuck with him, so i shouldn't root against him anymore. just hope he has more games like the first charlotte one, not the second.

you are right, on your points though. the first step is admitting it, right?

and yes, the clippers will fail. i just made a $50 with my cousin. he thinks because they have the best record right now, they'll win the finals. i bet that they wouldn't even make finals - i said WCF, but he said just regular finals, the dummy.

Easy money made.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks