ImageImageImageImageImage

Has "the arrival" of NBA big men returned to the game?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thoughts?

A.) Yes.
59%
B.) No.
15%
C.) Too early to tell.
26%

Total votes: 27

NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Re: Has "the arrival" of NBA big men returned to the game? 

Post#21 » by NYKMentality85 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 1:36 am

What about Hassan Whiteside? He's a traditional throwback type of 90's defensive Center. He's who i wanted during the offseason and had so many posts wishing for such.

Many of posters falsely accused him of being "lazy" and/or would "fall off the map" after getting his pay day. Those fans couldn't have been more wrong.

Currently averaging 17.7 points (career high), 15.1 rebounds (career high), 2.6 blocks, 0.8 steals (career high) and 0.8 assists (career high) per game. FG% of .559%.

Only 27 years of age. Could you imagine his rebounding and shot blocking ability alongside of Porzingis as our defensive anchor? N.Y Twin Towers to a "T".

It's unfortunate that he plays for Miami but nonetheless he's one of my favorite Centers in terms of style of play. Reminds me so much of Alonzo Mourning and pretty sure Pat Riley feels the same. There was no way Riley was letting Whiteside walk; and rightfully so.

There are so many impactful big men in today's game, it's been enjoyable.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,105

Post#22 » by Fat Kat » Fri Dec 2, 2016 3:08 am

NYKMentality85 wrote:What about Hassan Whiteside? He's a traditional throwback type of 90's defensive Center. He's who i wanted during the offseason and had so many posts wishing for such.

Many of posters falsely accused him of being "lazy" and/or would "fall off the map" after getting his pay day. Those fans couldn't have been more wrong.

Currently averaging 17.7 points (career high), 15.1 rebounds (career high), 2.6 blocks, 0.8 steals (career high) and 0.8 assists (career high) per game. FG% of .559%.

Only 27 years of age. Could you imagine his rebounding and shot blocking ability alongside of Porzingis as our defensive anchor? N.Y Twin Towers to a "T".

It's unfortunate that he plays for Miami but nonetheless he's one of my favorite Centers in terms of style of play. Reminds me so much of Alonzo Mourning and pretty sure Pat Riley feels the same. There was no way Riley was letting Whiteside walk; and rightfully so.

Don't think people questioned his numbers, but his actual impact on winning games.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#23 » by DrCoach » Fri Dec 2, 2016 6:05 am

The Bigman is back, he is redefined, but he is back in a big way..

No pun intended
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,105

Post#24 » by Fat Kat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:55 pm

NYKMentality85 wrote:What about Hassan Whiteside? He's a traditional throwback type of 90's defensive Center. He's who i wanted during the offseason and had so many posts wishing for such.

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Bum ass Whiteside. Keep staring down 6'5 guards and acting tough.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,801

Post#25 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Comeon bro he gets blocks he's not a feared paintprotector ...
Formerly Knicks85
NYKMentality85
Analyst
And1: 1,204

Post#26 » by NYKMentality85 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 am

Fat Kat wrote:

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Bum ass Whiteside. Keep staring down 6'5 guards and acting tough.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If your own head coach makes these remarks I'll admit i was wrong in regards to Whiteside. And I'm glad to be wrong considering the fact Noah is all about heart, grit, energy & intensity; and playoff ball is all about effort & intensity. Although it's a shame because Whiteside is a monster off the glass & contesting/altering/blocking shots. But if he doesn't have a motor & desire to win he's not who i thought he was; sucks for Miami.
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#27 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:43 am

Capn'O wrote:No love for Brad Daugherty? Cousins ought to be on the new list.

god shammgod wrote:are any of those bigs leading to a lot of wins though ? and draymond is small forward height. i don't know that he counts.

Also, other than Draymond, those guys are still on poorly built teams. KP has the best group around him :o You can't do it alone unless you're Shaq or LeBron or someone like that.

Not even shaq or lebron were able to do it alone.....Shaq always had good to great players around him

Return to New York Knicks