ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: You're Too Big To Dream Small

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

APE
Junior
And1: 549

Re: PG: You're Too Big To Dream Small 

Post#561 » by APE » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:18 pm

Ron Baker the Knicks savior!
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,328

Post#562 » by drekwins » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:20 pm

Oscirus wrote:Two other big plays of the second half was KP closing out Greek twice at the beginning. I don't know if Greek was waiting to get fouled or if he was shocked by his speed or what. Greek just seemed to be shocked.

KP definitely altered a few of his jump shots. It was very impressive. He has so much defensive potential.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#563 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:30 pm

To be fair Giannis blocked one of KP`s shot too.

I can't wait when KP gets a little bit smoother. Now he often rushes his shots/moves, doesn't react to the situation. Its like he has a move in mind - and thats it, he finishes it no matter what.

Like guys who guard him need to time their jumps perfectly and elevate pretty much to the max, to even be on the same level as he to block his shot. I wish he would use pump-fake a lot more (TEACH HIM MASTER LANCE)... Fouls would be raining. But I guess with time he will learn.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#564 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:46 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't shake the feeling that the refs don't like the team.

that's not a foul, rose flailed his arms to sell a little bit of contact and got slapped because of it.

also rose always jumps into the defender.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#565 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:49 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:To be fair Giannis blocked one of KP`s shot too.

I can't wait when KP gets a little bit smoother. Now he often rushes his shots/moves, doesn't react to the situation. Its like he has a move in mind - and thats it, he finishes it no matter what.

Like guys who guard him need to time their jumps perfectly and elevate pretty much to the max, to even be on the same level as he to block his shot. I wish he would use pump-fake a lot more (TEACH HIM MASTER LANCE)... Fouls would be raining. But I guess with time he will learn.

Giannis was playing very good defense on KP. KP happened to be on last night.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,942

Post#566 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:04 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:giannis ain't going nowhere man. he signed a fatass extension this past summer. but yeah, i'm sure they're friends.

he also LOVES milwaukee... and they will give him the super duper max.

Word. After all this nonsense with the cap rising settles, the NBA is going to transform into a utopian land where teams keep all their players and no under the table deals exist. Every team will have 1 star had 1 excellent sidekick . goodbye to the Lebron wade bosh or curry thompson durant built teams. Hello porzingis and friends, Giannis & Jabari , Embiid & Simmons, towns and co. , Davis & _____, Gobert & _______... well whatever, you see where I'm going

money will be too good to change teams.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#567 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:09 pm

Guys I just watched the game. If this is not a season turning point idk what is. We played very solid defense and stuck together. Hell even Rose had 8 assist. We just have to play as a team.

I hope this is the turning point and not fake hustle.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#568 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Watching the game (thanks to 720ru).

Hensen looks like stretch LFT

I'm just going to admit it right here though if anyone was paying attention they noticed: I said I won't watch anymore games or post much here

"Hello, my name is thebuzzardman and I have a Knicks problem" :D
F N 11
RealGM

Post#569 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:23 pm

FemaleDogPlease wrote:
xxrainnn wrote:Bucks were stupid for doubling Melo. It minimized his ball stopping and helped with the team's overall rhythm. The guy can pass, he just won't do it unless he's forced to.

In a sense he's right. Melo back to back games passing because Kidd clearly wants to double him. Clyde always say he's surprised teams don't double. Of Melo could do this while being single covered we can be better.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#570 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:24 pm

Triple C wrote:

Abby :love:

Baker, here's your chance to put a loaf in her oven!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#571 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:26 pm

Oscirus wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:To be fair Giannis blocked one of KP`s shot too.

Giannis was playing very good defense on KP. KP happened to be on last night.

KP sort of got caught "in between" two moves on two drives in this game. Fixing this tendency and the extra strength in the post are the last two things he needs on offense and then he'll be an absolute terror.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#572 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Watching the game (thanks to 720ru).

Hensen looks like stretch LFT

I'm just going to admit it right here though if anyone was paying attention they noticed: I said I won't watch anymore games or post much here

"Hello, my name is thebuzzardman and I have a Knicks problem" :D

nobody fell for your bluff lol...none of us can turn away from this team no matter how disappointing they are :noway:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#573 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:27 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

that's not a foul, rose flailed his arms to sell a little bit of contact and got slapped because of it.

Like almost every NBA player, most of whom get the call?
F N 11
RealGM

Post#574 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:38 pm

Lmao when KP shot from Green Bay Collins was like "oh no (don't take that shot) oh no (omg that's ****ing going in)) lmao too funny.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Post#575 » by GONYK » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Harden has built a career off of it
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#576 » by Polk377 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 6:54 pm

The Ron Baker bandwagon is getting a little full. Good thing I called shotgun from the start. We were called crazy in the preseason when we said this kid could play and contribute this season. He showed last night the impact he can have on a game and why he has been a winner everywhere he has gone. He plays harder than anyone on the floor and his IQ is off the charts for a rookie. Give my guy Ron MF Baker more minutes and lets get back on track!

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,077

Post#577 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:00 pm

GONYK wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
blueNorange wrote:that's not a foul, rose flailed his arms to sell a little bit of contact and got slapped because of it.

Harden has built a career off of it

no harden has built a career by getting his arms under opposing defenders and abusing the euro step.

rose doesn't look at the rim, he just barrels into the defender and throws the ball at the rim. also if you're constantly crying everytime you miss a layup the refs aren't going to call the foul to spite you.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#578 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:21 pm

j4remi wrote:I think it's worth discussing Melo's character and how it needs to be at least somewhat re-evaluated for a second. A lot of the media and fans have really harped on how selfish this dude and how he only cares about himself. A lot of people believe that Melo is about his numbers and not about wins. Hell, people were hella frustrated at Melo's social media responses to criticism from his GM in the middle of the team making a great run and his comments after that last loss in MSG. But if you're an actions speak louder than words guy, then look at how he took KP under his wing last season and then take a good hard look at how he responded to the instances of heavy criticism this season. When Phil criticized him, he came out and had a great game to follow. After the media, MSG and just about everyone else destroyed him last week, he responded with back to back BRILLIANT games where sharing the ball was a critical point of emphasis for him. Listen, after the heart break in MSG, it'd be easy to picture a selfish player reverting right back to forcing up shots because when he played his heart out and shared the rock, the team still failed. But he came out and got EVEN MORE assists.

Then I'm watching this dude in the post game interview; shoulder is wrapped up like he's a MLB Ace that just threw 100+ pitches and he emphasizes Ron Baker and Lance Thomas' defense. Not his passing...not the go ahead bucket...Lance diving on the rock. Ron being ready and poised. It was a lot of "we's" going on.

Look, I'm not saying yall gotta love dude. You don't have to call him a star and if you want him traded because his timeline doesn't seem to fit when the Knicks will be ready to compete for a title; I've got no argument against it with how they look right now. But the character assassination posts are really overlooking how he's responded to criticism ON THE COURT this season. Take a second and really look at what dude does out there, this city has been pretty tough on him and the media nationally has sniped at him since that "stop snitchin" video when he was still a damned kid. But you can't tell me dude isn't leaving it all out there right now. Criticize the player, but give the character stuff a damned break at least for a while.

We know Melo is capable of moving the ball an makg the game easier for himself and others. We know what we hate about Melo. He just has to adjust like these last two games he has it in him.

It's not even the passing that caught my eye. Melo ws playing freaking defense. That was the difference. Point blank period. If he gives max effort on D everything else will come.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#579 » by Jstarks3 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:41 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

this dude is literally going out of his way to be overly negative. shut the **** up. no one cares about your **** opinion.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#580 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 7, 2017 7:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hell, KP got a foul called on him for someone literally running into him last night.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks