ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Nice Game: Build a Superteam to beat the CavsWarriors

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: OT: Nice Game: Build a Superteam to beat the CavsWarriors 

Post#41 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:32 am

E-Balla wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
JXL wrote:
Like the starting lineup except having James Harden go at Steph Curry/Kyrie Irving would be way better.

All my players are top level defenders
Harden - and Westbrook for that matter - are ball hogs and harden is a lazy assed defender

Top level? Lillard is just as bad as Harden on D, Towns is the worst defender in the league right now, and Davis is ok but nothing special on defense. Jimmy and George are top level. Everyone else gets eaten alive.

Wow

Remind me never to take you seriously about any player

Lilard is an excellent defender
Towns is an excellent defender - worst in the league? Do your words have any meaning?
And Davis is a defensive freak!

Whatever

I don't think you know how to watch the game of basketball

Makes sense you'd be a harden fan
He's the worst
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#42 » by MrProb » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:All my players are top level defenders
Harden - and Westbrook for that matter - are ball hogs and harden is a lazy assed defender

Top level? Lillard is just as bad as Harden on D, Towns is the worst defender in the league right now, and Davis is ok but nothing special on defense. Jimmy and George are top level. Everyone else gets eaten alive.

Wow

Towns is an excellent defender - worst in the league? Do your words have any meaning?

Whatever

He's the worst

A lot of ppl on this boad think Towns is a bad defender, they go berserk when i say he's better than KP defensively, guess they just assume playing with Rubio, Lavine and Wiggins make you a bad defender by default (actually Wiggins is a pretty decent defender 1 on 1)
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#43 » by MrProb » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 am

My team

PG : Kyle Lowry
SG : Tony Allen
C : AD
PF : Kawhi Leonard
SF : Jae Crowder
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#44 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:11 am

MrProb wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Top level? Lillard is just as bad as Harden on D, Towns is the worst defender in the league right now, and Davis is ok but nothing special on defense. Jimmy and George are top level. Everyone else gets eaten alive.

Wow

Whatever

He's the worst

A lot of ppl on this boad think Towns is a bad defender, they go berserk when i say he's better than KP defensively, guess they just assume playing with Rubio, Lavine and Wiggins make you a bad defender by default (actually Wiggins is a pretty decent defender 1 on 1)

I wish I could say I had stopped being shocked by the silly Things people on this board think about certain players.

Towns is an excellent defender. He's also an excellent passer. For a big.

I love KP and ones talent doesn't erase the others talent
It's possible for both Kp and towns to be excellent defenders.

But the above poster talking about David being an average defender really took the cake
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#45 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:12 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:All my players are top level defenders

Wow

Whatever

He's the worst

First off change your tone. I'm not trying to get a strike for going off on a mod.

Secondly I've never been a James Harden fan. Lying ass. I actually think he shouldn't be in MVP talks because of his defense so so much for that.

Lastly you don't watch basketball just the Knicks and don't lie to me and say you do. Anyone that thinks Lillard is an excellent defender has literally never watched him play a single time in his life. Anyone that thinks Towns isn't **** needs to stop reading boxscores and watch games. AD is a freak athletically but not in his play. You must've not seen him since Kentucky if you think otherwise.

Lillard: He allows opponents to shoot 5% better from the field when he's guarding them and he's usually hidden on guys like Jose. Literally no one thinks he's a good defender other than you. Examples:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/06/29/2015-defense/

http://www.therichest.com/sports/basketball-sports/the-15-worst-defenders-currently-in-the-nba/

Go to the Portland board and ask. They'll tell you he's the worst defender on the team and they have the worst defense in the league. Heck there was a big GB thread about how bad his defense was in December.

Towns: If you watch him play you'll notice 2 things - he's a good shot blocker, and he's the most lost player outside the paint in the league. He's like if Carlos Boozer blocked shots.

Davis: He's good but not even the best on the team. When we played them Jrue Holiday effectively guarded KP at times. Its not like the Pels are a great defense either. How are you this great defender but you're the second best defender on a ight defense and you give up the same FG% at the rim as Noah. He just chases blocks too much.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#46 » by E-Balla » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:16 am

MrProb wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Top level? Lillard is just as bad as Harden on D, Towns is the worst defender in the league right now, and Davis is ok but nothing special on defense. Jimmy and George are top level. Everyone else gets eaten alive.

Wow

Whatever

He's the worst

Rubio is a great defender what the hell are you talking about? LaVine is trash but Wiggins isn't much below average. When Towns is off the floor the Wolves play at a top 5 level defensively and they play like (literally) the worst defense in basketball when he's on the floor. Outside of the paint he refuses to play any type of defense and he might be the worst PNR big in the league. Only time a PNR is picked up with him defending it is when Rubio blows it up. If you watched the Wolves you'd know that.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,162

Post#47 » by drekwins » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:56 am

$6 - Kahwil
$6 - Davis
$5 - Paul
$2 - Wade
$4 - Marc Gasol

Starters $23

$4 - Isiah Thomas
$1 - Tyson Chandler
$1 - Wilson Chandler
$.50 - Courtney Lee
$.50 - Pablo or Kuz

Bench $7
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#48 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 am

I honestly have no idea why bishnykfan keeps running out NLR as a judge for the boards BAT's. He is one of the worst evaluators of talent I've seen on this board. How he became a Mod? No clue, nor do I care. But his modship has clouded bish's eyes in bringing him on as a judge. I'd take EBalla's bad eye over his "good" one every day. Lillard an "excellent" defender...laughable at best.

Oh...and my team is still the best one in this thread.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Obitron64
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#49 » by Obitron64 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm

$1 Tony Parker
$1 Trevor Ariza
$1 Wilson Chandler
$2 Rodney Hood
$3 Eric Gordon
$3 Khris Middleton
$4 Karl-Anthony Towns
$4 Isaiah Thomas
$5 Rudy Gobert
$6 Giannis
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#50 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Westbrook (6) / Hill (3)
KCP (2) / Wiggins (1)
Leonard (6) / Porter (1)
KAT - (4) / Randle (1)
Gobert - (5) / Noel (1)

Green being short would have me trotting out Russ, KCP, Porter, Leonard, Gobert as a kill the GS starters crew. With the Cavs I'd probably stick to the line-ups as listed.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
JohnStockton
Senior
And1: 877

Post#51 » by JohnStockton » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:17 am

Conley 4
P.George 4
Kawhi 6
A.Davis 6
Nurkic 4

T.Parker 1
Danny Green 1
Covington 1
Capella 2
Noel 1

Best way to beat them is to attempt to stop their strongest asset (perimeter offense) by always having elite perimeter D on the court, and then slow the game down and try to kill them in the paint (where they're by far the "weakest").

If they play small:

Curry vs Conley
Thompson vs George
Lebron vs Kawhi
Durant vs Davis
Green vs Nurkic

Vs traditional lineup:

Curry vs Conley
Thompson/Durant vs George
Lebron vs Kawhi
Green vs Davis
Thompson vs Nurkic/Capella

No PG lineup
Green/George/Kawhi/Davis/(Nurkic-Noel-Capella)

Kill them with size lineup
Conley/George/Kawhi/Davis/Nurkic

Switch everything on "D" lineup
Conley/George/Kawhi/Davis/Noel

Milwaukee Bucks length lineup
George/Covington/Kawhi/Davis/Capella

In case of foul trouble to George/Kawhi, Danny Green + Covington are two of the best 3&D guys in the league. Noel/Capella are elite rim protectors/hustle guys when needing to go offense/defense for Nurkic. Also perfect answer if Thompson is going wild on the glass. Parker is there as a vet emergency.

Bench strategy is to pull Conley/George + Nurkic out early when they start, and have them score/facilitate. Pair with Noel for defensive PnR purposes. Need to pull Conley/George out early, because realistically, the superteam will have Durant or Curry exit early to run their bench unit, so you need to match Conley with Curry, and George with Durant.
On October 31, 2009, against the Kings, a bat descended onto the court causing a stoppage of play. As the bat flew past, GinĂ³bili swatted the bat to the ground with his hand. He then carried the creature off the court, earning the applause of the crowd.
bbconair
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#52 » by bbconair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 am

nobody chooses melo. jordan face!
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#53 » by peZt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Russell Westbrook - 6p