ImageImageImageImageImage

KP's Stamina

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

KP's Stamina 

Post#1 » by bigtimeRC3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Second straight year where KP plays really good for the first half of the season and second half plays like a complete scrub. The past two years has been probably the most games he has ever played in his life. Although its only his second season, I just hope he performs more consistently in his third season or he would have to take some games off just for rest . His Achilles might be a lingering issue. That is a long time. KP's success is the knicks success.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,536

Re: KP's Stamina 

Post#2 » by Meat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:20 pm

OffTheWallJamal
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#3 » by OffTheWallJamal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Ok.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#4 » by King of Canada » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 pm

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#5 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeap, I thought this was an issue too.

But either he just preserves himself for some period of time, so he can go at full strength after, or stamina isn't a problema.

Because its not like you said "He was a scrub second half of the season", no, it was the same as it is this year, good stretches fallowed by bad ones, and then repeat. I'am pretty sure after the current one, we will see some solid games from him again..

Just looked it up. There was a horredous strech of 15 games, pretty much at the same time as now, last year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/porzikr01/gamelog/2016#23-37-sum:pgl_basic

15 games, 11 FGAPG, 35% FG, 27% from 3, 6.5 RPG, 2 BPG, 11 PPG.

After that: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/porzikr01/gamelog/2016#38-47-sum:pgl_basic

10 games, 14 FGAPG, 45% FG, 37% from 3, 7 RPG, 2 BPG, 17 PPG.

Then again, some bad games mixed in, in overall good span of games.

Finished the year: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/porzikr01/gamelog/2016#67-72-sum:pgl_basic

6 games: 15 FGAPG, 48% FG, 37% from 3, 8.3 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 19.3 PPG.

So, I don't think he would've been able to pull this off, at the end of the season, if he was dead tired.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,399

Post#6 » by JXL » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:40 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:Second straight year where KP plays really good for the first half of the season and second half plays like a complete scrub. The past two years has been probably the most games he has ever played in his life. Although its only his second season, I just hope he performs more consistently in his third season or he would have to take some games off just for rest . His Achilles might be a lingering issue. That is a long time. KP's success is the knicks success.

Only 40% of the issues. The other is Rose and Melo taking up shots, never letting him get into rhythm.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#7 » by Juco24 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

JXL wrote:
bigtimeRC3 wrote:Second straight year where KP plays really good for the first half of the season and second half plays like a complete scrub. The past two years has been probably the most games he has ever played in his life. Although its only his second season, I just hope he performs more consistently in his third season or he would have to take some games off just for rest . His Achilles might be a lingering issue. That is a long time. KP's success is the knicks success.

Only 40% of the issues. The other is Rose and Melo taking up shots, never letting him get into rhythm.

GREAT PLAYERS RISE ABOVE - If KP was all that some are trying to make him out to be, he'd command - with his play - to be the man. Iron sharpens other iron and to hear some media types and others make this excuse for KP is silly. Look at when you have the All-star game, Olympics, etc. Other good players still rise up and play well alongside others! And I've seen games where KP has been given opportunities before Rose/Melo to get into rhythm and he still hasn't.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#8 » by NYKAL » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Juco24 wrote:
JXL wrote:

GREAT PLAYERS RISE ABOVE - If KP was all that some are trying to make him out to be, he'd command - with his play - to be the man. Iron sharpens other iron and to hear some media types and others make this excuse for KP is silly. Look at when you have the All-star game, Olympics, etc. Other good players still rise up and play well alongside others! And I've seen games where KP has been given opportunities before Rose/Melo to get into rhythm and he still hasn't.

:clap:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#9 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:54 pm

An achilles problem will make you look lethargic. I do think stamina is a worry for now, but I'm hopeful that as he gains weight and grows into that length...the stamina will improve. His workload is pretty big for such a young cat with so much length.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#10 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:04 pm

The Knicks should let him shoot 3's and get into his comfort zone. He can do more but not unless he's already rolling. He obviously likes to shoot from deep and has hit 40% of those. Let him continue and he'll expand from there. Don't mess with the part of his game that is working. Don't expect him to start creating off the dribble right off the bat.

The bottom line is that he's not ready to carry an offense but he is on track overall in his development and has made a lot of strides. Take it and build from there.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#11 » by god shammgod » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:The Knicks should let him shoot 3's and get into his comfort zone. He can do more but not unless he's already rolling. He obviously likes to shoot from deep and has hit 40% of those. Let him continue and he'll expand from there. Don't mess with the part of his game that is working. Don't expect him to start creating off the dribble right off the bat.

The bottom line is that he's not ready to carry an offense but he is on track overall in his development and has made a lot of strides. Take it and build from there.

actually he's shooting bad from 3 this month. probably the achilles.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#12 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:The Knicks should let him shoot 3's and get into his comfort zone. He can do more but not unless he's already rolling. He obviously likes to shoot from deep and has hit 40% of those. Let him continue and he'll expand from there. Don't mess with the part of his game that is working. Don't expect him to start creating off the dribble right off the bat.

One thing is that players are sort of conditioned to the fact that you should not complain too much about pain and certainly shouldn't blame your bad games on it. So I'm hoping he's quietly suffering with a lot of pain in the Achilles.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#13 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Once again, fans are underestimating the pounding this kid is taking.

During the same game where Melo got tossed against the Hawks, KP was getting hit in face by Dwight Howard with no call. That's why you don't put a kid who needs to grow into his body slowly but surely, at the Five where he is just waiting to be injured.

Then there was the stupid Achilles strain where Hornacek played him 30+ min back to back where he re-injured it against the Sixers.

Clearly Hornacek is desperate. He's been exposed. He's trying to salvage the season.

Bottom line is KP needs to be brought up carefully but the Knicks track record for nurturing young players (drafted) has been terrible.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,073

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:26 pm

KP's stamina like

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,055

Post#15 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:34 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

One thing is that players are sort of conditioned to the fact that you should not complain too much about pain and certainly shouldn't blame your bad games on it. So I'm hoping he's quietly suffering with a lot of pain in the Achilles.

To be fair, all players play though nagging injuries. Lance's bad feet didn't afford him sympathy, nor did Rose's back or Melo's portliness. He has to be judged on his on-court play.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#16 » by el13adnino » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:08 am

what was the issue kp had in his earlier days?
:crazy:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#17 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:15 am

Young kid... didn't exactly win the gene pool (meaning his body is a little underdeveloped and doesn't look like Lebron). Super long rigorous season. Lots of travel. Moving that frame around efficiently is going to take years of training and conditioning. He's only been at this a season and half. Give it time.. in a few years it will be a non-issue. Definitely not a reason to bash his ups and downs regardless of what these people tell you.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#18 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:19 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Once again, fans are underestimating the pounding this kid is taking.

What they're underestimating is how far he's come since he was 18. They want to act all self-righteous and they think they're being fair (or some sort of pure fan) because if 30 year olds are going to get criticized then the 21 year old should be criticized the same way when that shouldn't be the case because that's ignorant. Look at where he was and what he was doing when he was 18.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#19 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:27 am

3 years ago..

Kristaps Porzingis

50 games played in the second most competitive league in the world

Age 19

21 mpg 11 ppg 4.6 rpg 1 bpg

Today

40 games played in the most competitive league in the world

Age 21

33 mpg 18.8 ppg 7.1 rpg 1.9 bpg 1.4 apg

Why would anyone be worried? wtf are you people not seeing? but hey let's criticize him because it's not fair that other older declining players who have had their chance to prove themselves and improve upon their games are getting criticized because I'm a self-righteous sanctimonious prick.

I'm starting to think I should be rooting for him to get the F away from this miserable prick of a fan base.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,231

Post#20 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:29 am

KP's probably the only two way player ( i guess maybe lee might be too) and he's one of three or four people on this team constantly challenging shots, he's going to get tired faster then most.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks