ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Re: Phil 

Post#321 » by moocow007 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
Blockwatcher wrote:Good job Phil . Wait till draft night to nab your man

Are you crazy? We essentially traded lopez for noah this past summer. we are letting rose walk, Jennings walk. We should have pulled for the rubio trade on a decent contract. instead we will be stuck with Ron Baker and anther bloated contract.

Patty Mills 5 years $75 million coming up. :lol:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#322 » by moocow007 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:36 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Our capspace isn't that special, is it? I thought it was only 18 or so.

Edit it's 25 million with 8 guys under contract. That isn't a lot this year coming. You need a starting point a backup point and then a bench. Only so much you can do with draft picks.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using RealGM mobile app

Once you factor in the lottery pick and capholds you're looking at about $18 million again. That's enough for $15-16 million on Patty Mills backup ass and the rest on yet another C. That would be my guess.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: RE: Re: Phil 

Post#323 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:38 pm

moocow007 wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:His lack of relationships with other GMs is killing us.
If true that Thibbs move reaks of (understandable) spite.

So Thibodeau basically trolled Phil Jackson?

Yeah, especially if Phil thought he'd get Rubio for Rose straight up. Even had fans geeked too.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#324 » by boomann21 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:41 pm

FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Remember when we almost had Kyle Lowry in a trade that one year. Man I wish we could go back and fix that. This trade deadline sucked. I will see you fine Men in the off season. I refuse to put any more effort into this season. We are all Lame ducks
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#325 » by moocow007 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:44 pm

boomann21 wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Remember when we almost had Kyle Lowry in a trade that one year. Man I wish we could go back and fix that. This trade deadline sucked. I will see you fine Men in the off season. I refuse to put any more effort into this season. We are all Lame ducks

But it would have cost the Knicks a 1st round pick. That pick would have been the one they used on Porzingis wouldn't it (assuming they didn't put a top 5 protection on it)?
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#326 » by ophdog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm

We can't win or lose effectively
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#327 » by ophdog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:47 pm

At the pace the Knicks are going KP will bolt the first chance he gets
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#328 » by moocow007 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:51 pm

ophdog wrote:At the pace the Knicks are going KP will bolt the first chance he gets

So yeah, that was something that I brought up early on. I would imagine that he's seeing first hand what happens when you're the top player and you can't pull miracles out of your butt. Pretty soon he'll have the target on his back. And then it'll be Prozingis' fault and he'll be called all sorts of things because he can't be Larry Bird or whichever greatest ever fans expect him to be.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#329 » by Apples » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 pm

He has no plan and zero foresight. Only thing that makes him better than Isaiah is he doesn't trade picks.

He didn't even try to assure a tank by trading off some of the moveable veterans. I bet they won't even try to be strategic and sit Melo or limit KP against bad teams.

Rubio is ok. The problem/worry is, the Knicks probably won't be bad enough to finish in the top 4. The FA PG market is dry when you take out the big names. Throw in the fact that the organization is a laughing stock. So, he's going to end up overpaying for a decent PG? Rubio is the better short term solution. At the beginning of negotiations, sounds like he could of had him straight up for Rose. Again, zero foresight.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#330 » by E-Balla » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:56 pm

boomann21 wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't remind me. I remember being on here willing to give up anyone but Melo for him.

Phil just fed us all crap since last offseason. He's so ****...
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#331 » by E-Balla » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm

moocow007 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

But it would have cost the Knicks a 1st round pick. That pick would have been the one they used on Porzingis wouldn't it (assuming they didn't put a top 5 protection on it)?

Those rumors were pre-Bargs trade. Plus if we had him no way we win only 17 games.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#332 » by moocow007 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

E-Balla wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
boomann21 wrote:Remember when we almost had Kyle Lowry in a trade that one year. Man I wish we could go back and fix that. This trade deadline sucked. I will see you fine Men in the off season. I refuse to put any more effort into this season. We are all Lame ducks

Those rumors were pre-Bargs trade. Plus if we had him no way we win only 17 games.

Oh ok.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#333 » by FreeSpiritNY » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:09 pm

K-DOT wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:

Are you crazy? We essentially traded lopez for noah this past summer. we are letting rose walk, Jennings walk. We should have pulled for the rubio trade on a decent contract. instead we will be stuck with Ron Baker and anther bloated contract.

You do know Minny wanted a 1st, right? Or are you just conveniently forgetting that fact?
And how does trading Lopez for Noah matter? Neither is winning us more games, and the cap space is irrelevant because nobody wants to sign here

If you really think lopez and noah are lateral moves your crazy, lopez is moveable in a trade noah is a 72 million dollar bench warmer who looses you games. KP's defense was best when he was with lopez and to include to the fact that lopez can actually score and make a lay up. Noah cant defend make a layup or even stay healthy. :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead:

Not to mention we will have noah longer than lopez
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#334 » by FreeSpiritNY » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 pm

moocow007 wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:

Patty Mills 5 years $75 million coming up. :lol:

Dude your way off we are going to max him out :D :D :banghead: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#335 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 pm

boomann21 wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lowry very good player but it was right move not to give up pick for him. Unless you getting a player who definitely is getting you in finals contention not worth giving up a lottery pick. Plus wasn't that pick KP? So yeah, no...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#336 » by Fury » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 pm

I really wanted Rubio :cry:
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,892

Post#337 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:26 pm

I too wanted Rubio, Its been a while since we've had a real playmaker.
But I understand why the trade didnt go through, lets just hope its for the best.

What I hope Phil is intending to do:
1) tank for the rest of the year
2) DO NOT RE-SIGN DERRICK ROSE
3) Draft your next pg
4) Sign a backup pg FA, nothing too special, just a get to hold down the fort while Ball develops :D

Honestly though, im excited but also anxious for our future. We have really good exciting young players (Willy, KP, Holiday, Baker) and a potential top 10 pick in a loaded draft, and a soon to be expiring Melo.
But would you ever trust Knick management... it could really go one way or the other.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,067

Post#338 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Phil sucks. This team needed to be a "seller" at the trade deadline and sold nothing and acquired no assets. Major fail.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#339 » by Amsterdam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 pm

At what cost did you want Rubio?

Stop your crying already, you guys sounds silly.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,158

Post#340 » by KnicksGod » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
FirePjax wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lowry very good player but it was right move not to give up pick for him. Unless you getting a player who definitely is getting you in finals contention not worth giving up a lottery pick. Plus wasn't that pick KP? So yeah, no...

I think reports were that they wanted to do Lowry for Hardaway and Shumpert. That was probably a good idea.

Return to New York Knicks