ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, magnumt, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada

-G-
Starter
Posts: 2,229
And1: 46
Joined: Jan 30, 2007

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1761 » by -G- » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:38 am

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I'm never happy. I'm a Knicks fans. Package deal.

Allowed? Say whatever you want. Just think it's ridiculous when fan of a team who is worse than us is actually coming here predicting we will be terrible and need to sign some kid to make our team worth watching.


Didn't know people were so sensitive. Good luck this season, I hope you make the playoffs!


I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.


I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 19,520
And1: 9,486
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1762 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:13 am

-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
Didn't know people were so sensitive. Good luck this season, I hope you make the playoffs!


I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.


I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!


Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Noah contract
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson said...“He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


2016-17 Knicks
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 13,602
And1: 6,676
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Frankatron Tankadelic

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1763 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.


I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!


Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.


Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.
Phil, Melo, Rose and Noah Suck
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 19,520
And1: 9,486
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1764 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!


Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.


Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.


Seriously. These fans get a whiff of fresh air after being garbage for so long and they get reallly smug.

Remember last year when these CHA fans came to the board and were bashing our team after one season of being ok? Funny that they didn't come back all season :lol:

The wort now are BKN fans. I like what Marks is doing but they are getting pretty bold for a team with a 41-123 record over the last two seasons.
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter






Read on Twitter


Noah contract
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson said...“He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


2016-17 Knicks
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
newyorker4ever
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,824
And1: 916
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1765 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.


Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.


Seriously. These fans get a whiff of fresh air after being garbage for so long and they get reallly smug.

Remember last year when these CHA fans came to the board and were bashing our team after one season of being ok? Funny that they didn't come back all season :lol:

The wort now are BKN fans. I like what Marks is doing but they are getting pretty bold for a team with a 41-123 record over the last two seasons.



Lucky for them being an LA team and being the Lakers carries a ton of weight with free agents unlike New York and the Knicks do because the cold weather/winters hurt us as a free agent destination unlike that LA weather and our ownership has hurt the Knicks name.
User avatar
BKlutch
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,710
And1: 2,659
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1766 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.


I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!


Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.

Good job - you got rid of him!
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,710
And1: 2,659
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1767 » by BKlutch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Do many Knicks fans go to other boards of teams who suck and talk about why they should have a reason to watch their team?

Who cares what conference we play in or your team plays. Both teams suck.


Lakers finally have a reason to begin to hope with Ball and seemingly a FO that isn't incompetent and their fans are already getting cocky. I was trying to remember why it was so pleasing the Lakers sucked for a while; now I remember.


Seriously. These fans get a whiff of fresh air after being garbage for so long and they get reallly smug.

Remember last year when these CHA fans came to the board and were bashing our team after one season of being ok? Funny that they didn't come back all season :lol:

The wort now are BKN fans. I like what Marks is doing but they are getting pretty bold for a team with a 41-123 record over the last two seasons.

Remember their first season when they put a billboard right near MSG? They started out at the bottom in attitude. That's why I laughed so hard when their new players all got old and died on them.
Image
User avatar
ozwizard8
Starter
Posts: 2,489
And1: 561
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
 

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1768 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 am

I wonder if we can get T.Fraizer or Ish Smith for a small asset. Either one of them would be enough for our young team.
M.Chalmers and T.Burke looks like good targets for FA PG's too.

Perry should look for those kind of cheap, short contracts for PG.
Image
el13adnino
Analyst
Posts: 3,433
And1: 1,569
Joined: Feb 20, 2015
Location: f**k u mean
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1769 » by el13adnino » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 am

i want dj augustine, he had a good season last year
Image
Rodimus921
Veteran
Posts: 2,668
And1: 26
Joined: Jul 01, 2003
Location: The Bronx

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1770 » by Rodimus921 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:15 pm

I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.
Image
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 25,607
And1: 2,305
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1771 » by boomann21 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Rodimus921 wrote:I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.


Point guards have different training than PF's and C's. You have to be an extension of the coach on the court and it usually takes one year of seasoning before a young Poing guard can really contribute on a consistent basis.
Image
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 21,405
And1: 2,466
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1772 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 am

boomann21 wrote:
Rodimus921 wrote:I don't understand why Knicks can't just start Frank just like they threw Porzingis in the fire.


Point guards have different training than PF's and C's. You have to be an extension of the coach on the court and it usually takes one year of seasoning before a young Poing guard can really contribute on a consistent basis.


The only thing we have to protect against is confidence. I think that we should be starting Frank alongside another pg or a sg that can initiate the offense. Lee may be ideal for that role.

I also think that Knight would be great for our team seeing as he had success with Jeff earlier in his career. I don't really want to take on that contract without a sweetener though and Suns are not about adding those last win now pieces so a deal would have to involve multiple teams.

I like the idea of adding Foye now that I see his name on the list. I heard great things from the Brooklyn media people about his role as a veteran around the team.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
mugzi
General Manager
Posts: 8,752
And1: 652
Joined: Sep 29, 2001
Location: South of no north.
       

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1773 » by mugzi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm

-G- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
-G- wrote:
Didn't know people were so sensitive. Good luck this season, I hope you make the playoffs!


I love how whenever you challenge someone on what they said, these posters call it being sensitive. If anything you're being sensitive that I disagree with your premise.

You don't have a firm grasp on your own team's reality to talk about another team needing a reason to watch. We got KP and a few other young guys we can look forward to developing this year.


I like how I'm not supposed to say you guys are going to be terrible (assuming Melo gets traded) because I'm a Lakers fan, as if somehow the team I root for has some bearing on my assessment of other teams. You guys are going to be awful regardless of how good or bad the team I root for is. At least you're in the East so you can pretend to have hope, though.

Now go check my post history and tell me about my "grasp on my own team's reality."

Signing off, good bye Knicks forum!


On behalf of this forum we wish you Gonorrhea this year!
CHECK MY VIDEO...YOUTUBE: CN DUBL-AINT NO THING. Soundcloud.com/cndubl
"They pumpin H on the block next to H&R Block, they put the fetanyl in it, to make ya heart stop."
Grover
Rookie
Posts: 1,114
And1: 66
Joined: Nov 22, 2008

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1774 » by Grover » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

Does anyone have any information on the other two teams involved in the proposed Melo trade to Houston? The Jazz board seemed to believe it was coming and when I look at their starters I figure Anderson might fit better with Rubio and Gobert better than most teams. I guessed that the Suns were the other team for their potential cap space but there are several other teams that could potentially be in the mix.
drekwins
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,878
And1: 615
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1775 » by drekwins » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 43,487
And1: 19,582
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1776 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

drekwins wrote:Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.

I'm trying to tell people.
BAT 18 - Bullets
G: Curry(35)|Dunn(23)|Temple(15)
G/F: Robinson III(25)|Luwawu-Cabarrot(18)
F: Simmons(33)|Thomas(15)|Beasley(15)
F/C: Randle(28)|Chandler(23)|Bertans(10)
Bench Warmers: Jones Jr|Scott|Humphries
Inactive: Cook

*Bolded players are starters.
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 43,487
And1: 19,582
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1777 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Trey Burke please.
BAT 18 - Bullets
G: Curry(35)|Dunn(23)|Temple(15)
G/F: Robinson III(25)|Luwawu-Cabarrot(18)
F: Simmons(33)|Thomas(15)|Beasley(15)
F/C: Randle(28)|Chandler(23)|Bertans(10)
Bench Warmers: Jones Jr|Scott|Humphries
Inactive: Cook

*Bolded players are starters.
User avatar
JXL
Analyst
Posts: 3,523
And1: 2,261
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
     

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1778 » by JXL » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Read on Twitter


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl2:
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"
-Any player associated with George Karl

Image
Nyce_1
General Manager
Posts: 9,040
And1: 3,440
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1779 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm

el13adnino wrote:i want dj augustine, he had a good season last year

You can have him for a bag of chips.
TankCommander17
Junior
Posts: 491
And1: 176
Joined: Dec 24, 2016

Re: Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well 

Post#1780 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 pm

drekwins wrote:Wiggins is about to get a 5 year extension for over 150 mill. Y'all still mad at THJs contract? Some of these extensions ya'll see over the next couple of years are going to be nuts.

Yes because it was an unnecessary gamble for a guy who doesn't project to be a star.

Return to New York Knicks