ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, AllanH20, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, Capn'O, j4remi, Thugger HBC, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn

User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,418
And1: 1,501
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#381 » by knicksh20b » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:07 am

This Joe Ingles guy seems pretty good. Feels gettable, too, if the Jazz need to commit to Hill and Hayward.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,516
And1: 8,321
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#382 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 am

Please read this thread. Takes from so many non MIN fans who all love Rubio's game. Can't believe there are folks who didn't want him on this roster.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1539001
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
K-DOT
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 1,523
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#383 » by K-DOT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:15 am

dakomish23 wrote:Please read this thread. Takes from so many non MIN fans who all love Rubio's game. Can't believe there are folks who didn't want him on this roster.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1539001

It's more like he
A. Would've won more games for us
B. Wasn't a long term solution, and
C. Would've tied up more cap space next year

Plus we don't know if it was a straight swap

Rubio > Rose by far, but there are valid reasons to not have wanted that trade
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,516
And1: 8,321
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#384 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 am

K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Please read this thread. Takes from so many non MIN fans who all love Rubio's game. Can't believe there are folks who didn't want him on this roster.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1539001

It's more like he
A. Would've won more games for us
B. Wasn't a long term solution, and
C. Would've tied up more cap space next year

Plus we don't know if it was a straight swap

Rubio > Rose by far, but there are valid reasons to not have wanted that trade


So you're saying he would of hurt the tank. Yeah I agree. But I want him whether we go full rebuild or not.
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
User avatar
K-DOT
Veteran
Posts: 2,554
And1: 1,523
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#385 » by K-DOT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Please read this thread. Takes from so many non MIN fans who all love Rubio's game. Can't believe there are folks who didn't want him on this roster.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1539001

It's more like he
A. Would've won more games for us
B. Wasn't a long term solution, and
C. Would've tied up more cap space next year

Plus we don't know if it was a straight swap

Rubio > Rose by far, but there are valid reasons to not have wanted that trade


So you're saying he would of hurt the tank. Yeah I agree. But I want him whether we go full rebuild or not.

I mean, there's no way to know what the team would be like with him, but we're losing just fine now, so why mess it up?
And he's a FA after next season, maybe we go after him then
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?
Coeur
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,276
And1: 129
Joined: Jan 18, 2016

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#386 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Trade c lee, koq, Thomas, kuz, 3 2nds
For Rudy gay and 10 mill cap space

Sign:
D Wade
Casspi
mirotic


Resign holiday and a mle guard

Draft/ufa:
Fultz (or lonzo or dsj.....)
Shake Milton
Nigel Hayes
Boucher (ir)
Karnowski


Fultz/mle pg/Milton
Wade/holiday/baker
Carmelo/gay/casspi/Nigel
KP/mirotic/Boucher
Noah/hernangomez/karnowski
BowlRips
Analyst
Posts: 3,378
And1: 963
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#387 » by BowlRips » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Coeur wrote:Trade c lee, koq, Thomas, kuz, 3 2nds
For Rudy gay and 10 mill cap space

Sign:
D Wade
Casspi
mirotic


Resign holiday and a mle guard

Draft/ufa:
Fultz (or lonzo or dsj.....)
Shake Milton
Nigel Hayes
Boucher (ir)
Karnowski


Fultz/mle pg/Milton
Wade/holiday/baker
Carmelo/gay/casspi/Nigel
KP/mirotic/Boucher
Noah/hernangomez/karnowski


OMG plz no (except Fultz - YES FULTZ)
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,134
And1: 14,006
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#388 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 pm

yeah that is the worst plan I have seen yet
BowlRips
Analyst
Posts: 3,378
And1: 963
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#389 » by BowlRips » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:40 pm

My scenario..
Lottery shacks out.. Knicks get 2nd, Lakers get 3rd.
Phil calls his boy Magic and says "I love Lonzo Ball Im dying to draft him"
Magic says "OMG please dont, I need Ball to be my guy and we already have Ingram, so we cant draft Josh Jackson.
Secretly Phil wants Josh Jackson all along..
Phil tells Magic.. I'm willing to do this.

Knicks trade:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
2nd Pick

Lakers trade:
Deangelo Russel
Luol Deng
3rd Pick
27th Pick from Houston

Knicks take Jackson and add Russel who is a perfect triangle lead guard.

Knicks establish young core of Russel, Jackson, KP and Billy with vets like Deng and Noah off the bench to mentor them
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 41,134
And1: 14,006
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#390 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:42 pm

BowlRips wrote:My scenario..
Lottery shacks out.. Knicks get 2nd, Lakers get 3rd.
Phil calls his boy Magic and says "I love Lonzo Ball Im dying to draft him"
Magic says "OMG please dont, I need Ball to be my guy and we already have Ingram, so we cant draft Josh Jackson.
Secretly Phil wants Josh Jackson all along..
Phil tells Magic.. I'm willing to do this.

Knicks trade:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
2nd Pick

Lakers trade:
Deangelo Russel
Luol Deng
3rd Pick
27th Pick from Houston

Knicks take Jackson and add Russel who is a perfect triangle lead guard.

Knicks establish young core of Russel, Jackson, KP and Billy with vets like Deng and Noah off the bench to mentor them


Russell is horrible though. I take Ingram any day of the week over Russell.
BowlRips
Analyst
Posts: 3,378
And1: 963
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#391 » by BowlRips » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:45 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BowlRips wrote:My scenario..
Lottery shacks out.. Knicks get 2nd, Lakers get 3rd.
Phil calls his boy Magic and says "I love Lonzo Ball Im dying to draft him"
Magic says "OMG please dont, I need Ball to be my guy and we already have Ingram, so we cant draft Josh Jackson.
Secretly Phil wants Josh Jackson all along..
Phil tells Magic.. I'm willing to do this.

Knicks trade:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
2nd Pick

Lakers trade:
Deangelo Russel
Luol Deng
3rd Pick
27th Pick from Houston

Knicks take Jackson and add Russel who is a perfect triangle lead guard.

Knicks establish young core of Russel, Jackson, KP and Billy with vets like Deng and Noah off the bench to mentor them


Russell is horrible though. I take Ingram any day of the week over Russell.


I dont know about horrible.. I think he has a ton of talent and would do well with a change of scenary.. I think he is somebody who fits the triangle to the T which we know we'd be running with the young guns.. Phils mindfulness sessions might actual do him well. My only requirement would be him getting a new haircut.
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 25,675
And1: 6,248
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Formerly Jayknickz11, Still a legend in my own right.
Contact:
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#392 » by K P 6 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

BowlRips wrote:My scenario..
Lottery shacks out.. Knicks get 2nd, Lakers get 3rd.
Phil calls his boy Magic and says "I love Lonzo Ball Im dying to draft him"
Magic says "OMG please dont, I need Ball to be my guy and we already have Ingram, so we cant draft Josh Jackson.
Secretly Phil wants Josh Jackson all along..
Phil tells Magic.. I'm willing to do this.

Knicks trade:
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
2nd Pick

Lakers trade:
Deangelo Russel
Luol Deng
3rd Pick
27th Pick from Houston

Knicks take Jackson and add Russel who is a perfect triangle lead guard.

Knicks establish young core of Russel, Jackson, KP and Billy with vets like Deng and Noah off the bench to mentor them

Damn we have to take Deng to match Salaries dont we. I dont think Russel is that bad. That passing ability from college couldnt of just went out the window.
Image
Ntilikina Gang, don't fight it.
sportscrazy
General Manager
Posts: 7,843
And1: 563
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#393 » by sportscrazy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Trade Courtney Lee for the best combo of point guard and small forward he would bring back, draft best point guard available and sign Dwyane Wade is kind of what I see realistically.
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 18,730
And1: 3,886
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Formerly xKLNx Phenom
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#394 » by Mecca » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm

knicksh20b wrote:This Joe Ingles guy seems pretty good. Feels gettable, too, if the Jazz need to commit to Hill and Hayward.


He's a really underrated player. Like a poor mans Redick a bit. Plays team defense, passes well, shoots the 3. I rather have Gallinari who's a year younger.
Top Dawg Entertainment - President: Punch

Rappers:
K. Dot | Schoolboy Q | Soulo | Jay Rock
Lupe Fiasco | Jay Electronica | Mick Jenkins
Clipse | Wale

Producers:
The Alchemist | DJ Dahi | Steve Lacy

R&B:
The Internet | Anderson .Paak
User avatar
Meat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,196
And1: 1,901
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#395 » by Meat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:26 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Trade Courtney Lee for the best combo of point guard and small forward he would bring back, draft best point guard available and sign Dwyane Wade is kind of what I see realistically.

did no one see talageda nights?? if you're not first.. you're **** last.. wade doesn't make the knicks first(unless you mean first to exit the playoffs)... be **** last. luca is worth more than 1st round playoff exit
sportscrazy
General Manager
Posts: 7,843
And1: 563
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#396 » by sportscrazy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Meat wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Trade Courtney Lee for the best combo of point guard and small forward he would bring back, draft best point guard available and sign Dwyane Wade is kind of what I see realistically.

did no one see talageda nights?? if you're not first.. you're **** last.. wade doesn't make the knicks first(unless you mean first to exit the playoffs)... be **** last. luca is worth more than 1st round playoff exit


I would do full tank if I was in charge, but I'm not so expect something like the off-season I posted above.
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 87,529
And1: 13,893
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#397 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:15 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Please read this thread. Takes from so many non MIN fans who all love Rubio's game. Can't believe there are folks who didn't want him on this roster.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1539001

It's more like he
A. Would've won more games for us
B. Wasn't a long term solution, and
C. Would've tied up more cap space next year

Plus we don't know if it was a straight swap

Rubio > Rose by far, but there are valid reasons to not have wanted that trade


So you're saying he would of hurt the tank. Yeah I agree. But I want him whether we go full rebuild or not.


Can't the Knicks sign-and-trade Rose still to Minny for Rubio in the offseason? The Wolves supposedly have been looking to move Rubio and this trade would allow them to shed Rubio's contract so they can go after someone else in free agency.
Legends Draft
C:Nate Thurmond/DeAndre Jordan
PF:Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
SF:Elgin Baylor/Paul Pressey/Cliff Hagan/Larry Kenon
SG:Dale Ellis/Hersey Hawkins/Jason Richardson
PG:Magic Johnson/Derrick Rose/Lenny Wilkens
BowlRips
Analyst
Posts: 3,378
And1: 963
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#399 » by BowlRips » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:It's more like he
A. Would've won more games for us
B. Wasn't a long term solution, and
C. Would've tied up more cap space next year

Plus we don't know if it was a straight swap

Rubio > Rose by far, but there are valid reasons to not have wanted that trade


So you're saying he would of hurt the tank. Yeah I agree. But I want him whether we go full rebuild or not.


Can't the Knicks sign-and-trade Rose still to Minny for Rubio in the offseason? The Wolves supposedly have been looking to move Rubio and this trade would allow them to shed Rubio's contract so they can go after someone else in free agency.


Yup, they still could. Rubio has been balling though as of late. Playing with alot more confidence.. I got to think his trade value has increased even just a bit.
On the other hand, Rose has played well, considering what good is for him.
basketboule
Starter
Posts: 2,158
And1: 127
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#400 » by basketboule » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm

It's good to get a high draft pick. But with Melo still aboard, wouldn't it be looking good to have Rubio via trade and Redick in the summer?

Rubio
Redick
Lee, Holiday
Melo
KP
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?

Return to New York Knicks