ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer 2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, GONYK, Thorn, j4remi, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, Capn'O, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Knicksfan1992
Head Coach
Posts: 6,448
And1: 4,530
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#541 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 pm

I just don't understand why the Heat would want Melo unless they think they can get someone else too... Maybe they lure Wade back for one last and final run? And they'd surely need Winslow's defense if they get Melo right? It just doesn't seem like something that makes sense for the Heat.
OVOXO

Drizzy Drake
Aaliyah
Noah "40" Shebib -producer
Fabolous
Kid Cudi
Khaled- executive/producer/hype man
Sampha
Boi 1da - Producer
Lloyd Banks
MF DOOM
YG
Jeezy
Mac Dre
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 8,303
And1: 1,648
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#542 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I just don't understand why the Heat would want Melo unless they think they can get someone else too... Maybe they lure Wade back for one last and final run? And they'd surely need Winslow's defense if they get Melo right? It just doesn't seem like something that makes sense for the Heat.



I mentioned in the Melo trade thread that it really only makes sense if they get word that Wade wants to come back (which is def possible...especially with Melo going there).


Dragic | Tyler
Wade | Waiters
JRich | Ellington | Babbitt
Melo | JJohnson
Whiteside | Reed

That's a playoff team, and they'd still have the 14th pick (tho I'd hope to get both Winslow and the pick, but if it's only 1, then Justise 4sure).

They could package it with someone like Ellington for a better option at the 3...maybe add a little more and look at someone like MKG for example, and bring JRich off the bench.
Image
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 18,559
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#543 » by dakomish23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 am

Ben McLemore is guy I wanted us to go after for a year+, who now will officially become an UFA.

His post ASB #'s

11.5 PPG
3.4 RPG
0.8 APG
45% FG%
40% 3PT%
74% FT%

A nice smaller deal for multiple years would be a solid look for this team. Just turned 24 so he fits more along the timeline of the guys we want to build around.

I doubt they'd be smart and let it roll it over. At least please spend it on younger guys with some upside.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


Noah contract
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson said...“He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


2016-17 Knicks
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Chuck-Cheese
Junior
Posts: 395
And1: 103
Joined: Apr 15, 2016

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#544 » by Chuck-Cheese » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

much of that depends on the playoffs

if Boston loses in the first in 5, for example, they may well be open to a major trade

If Chi beats them they will probably hold onto Butler
Indy will try to hold onto George IMO

melo becomes a target for Boston

If they do get the top 1 or 2 pick and dont select Jackson then we have a solid chance at Crowder and Bradley for Melo with a future pick of some sort added to us
why would hebe a target if they loose in 5. I think Ainge would look at it completely opposite and build with this years pick, brown, zizic, smart, etc. Plus adding Melo at the cost of Bradley and Crowder makes them worse in the short term. Ainge would never trade Crowders contract for an aiging Melo. That would be crazy.
User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,480
And1: 1,541
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#545 » by knicksh20b » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 am

damn imagine if we had Robin Lopez on this team, though!
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 10,742
And1: 1,808
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#546 » by Fischella » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am

There are 5 destinations for Melo that might make sense

Chicago if they keep this up and don't wanna rebuild, absorb him with capspace+random contract, they have some okay-ish youngsters and their 1st.

LA if they fail, either Redick/Griffin leave and they get Melo in a 3-way deal as a S&T of either of those 2.

there are 3 more that are unlikey for different reasons but still possible,

Cleveland, if they fail miserably and Love gets mocked.
Charlotte, we know MJ loves Melo and viceverse, unlikely that Melo says yes to it but who knows.
Washington, it does make sense on paper but not money wise, it will only work if we take Mahinmi or Gortat back in the deal along with Jason Smith and the only young piece they will send us it's probably Oubre, Satoransky, difficult.

I don't see anyway Ainge trades for Anthony.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 10,742
And1: 1,808
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#547 » by Fischella » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

I think he ends up going to LA in a Redick S&T with Wes Johnson getting dumped elsewhere in a separate deal, if I am correct that'll more or less do it to make it work, money wise.
We might get Brice Johnson and scraps from a 3rd team basically.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 18,559
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#548 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Fischella wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

I think he ends up going to LA in a Redick S&T with Wes Johnson getting dumped elsewhere in a separate deal, if I am correct that'll more or less do it to make it work, money wise.
We might get Brice Johnson and scraps from a 3rd team basically.


Can absolutely see PJax trading Melo for Reddick and having the pleasure of paying him 20+ annually. He will call him a young 32 :lol:
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter






Read on Twitter


Noah contract
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson said...“He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


2016-17 Knicks
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
User avatar
FemaleDogPlease
Starter
Posts: 2,196
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#549 » by FemaleDogPlease » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Fischella wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

I think he ends up going to LA in a Redick S&T with Wes Johnson getting dumped elsewhere in a separate deal, if I am correct that'll more or less do it to make it work, money wise.
We might get Brice Johnson and scraps from a 3rd team basically.


Reddick isn't coming here man.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 10,742
And1: 1,808
Joined: Feb 11, 2012
   

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#550 » by Fischella » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 pm

I meant it like in a 3-way deal, with Redick going elsewhere.
basketboule
Starter
Posts: 2,237
And1: 147
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#551 » by basketboule » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

This sudden affection with Robin Lopez is the poorest judgement on this board of late.

I don't know what's wrong with folks here, grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Always has been smh. He's just not a player we need. At least the Celtics fans are nothing better throwing Stevens and Crowder under the bus real quickly, when they're actually simply lacking a piece (Melo).
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 44,387
And1: 6,818
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#552 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

basketboule wrote:This sudden affection with Robin Lopez is the poorest judgement on this board of late.

I don't know what's wrong with folks here, grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Always has been smh. He's just not a player we need. At least the Celtics fans are nothing better throwing Stevens and Crowder under the bus real quickly, when they're actually simply lacking a piece (Melo).

Some of us loved and still love robin Lopez

I'm psyched for him and equally psyched that the celtics are getting killed

But yes, Lopez is no longer a need. Unless they want to trade him to us for Noah
User avatar
sasso
Junior
Posts: 430
And1: 132
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
Location: The Empire State

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#553 » by sasso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?
User avatar
Meat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,262
And1: 1,938
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#554 » by Meat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

sasso wrote:We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?

what's the point in signing a 26 year old when they're at best 2-4 years from competing
User avatar
sasso
Junior
Posts: 430
And1: 132
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
Location: The Empire State

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#555 » by sasso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Meat wrote:
sasso wrote:We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?

what's the point in signing a 26 year old when they're at best 2-4 years from competing


The point is to address our biggest need and enforce a culture change. Do you like being known as a **** defensive team? It's embarassing. As much as everyone complains about the offense (whether D'antoni ball, iso-Melo, or triangle), offense has not been this team's problem for the last 15 years. That's the reason why we have sucked.

I want a team that makes the other team's life hell when they play us. We used to be that team (90s). We've been the opposite of that team ever since.
User avatar
Meat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,262
And1: 1,938
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
       

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#556 » by Meat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 pm

sasso wrote:
Meat wrote:
sasso wrote:We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?

what's the point in signing a 26 year old when they're at best 2-4 years from competing


The point is to address our biggest need and enforce a culture change. Do you like being known as a **** defensive team? It's embarassing. As much as everyone complains about the offense (whether D'antoni ball, iso-Melo, or triangle), offense has not been this team's problem for the last 15 years. That's the reason why we have sucked.

I want a team that makes the other team's life hell when they play us. We used to be that team (90s). We've been the opposite of that team ever since.

god, knicks fans and their obsession with 90's ball, stop idolizing losers, those teams never won ****.

Culture changes comes from superstars and leaders, robinson is a cog, an 8\9th man off the bench. He's not going to bring any culture change no more than lee(a good defender) did.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 18,559
And1: 8,953
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#557 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm

I can see us going after Millsap
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter






Read on Twitter


Noah contract
Spoiler:
“Joakim is somebody who has been on my list for a long time,’’ Jackson said...“He was initially our first choice in the first-agent market.


2016-17 Knicks
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
PorzinGAWD
Sophomore
Posts: 110
And1: 40
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#558 » by PorzinGAWD » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 am

I could see Phil going after Joe Ingles. SF Point Forward on Utah, and that team is about to spend a lot of money to try and keep George Hill and Hayward. They might balk at matching even just a decent deal like what we gave to Lee
User avatar
N Y K
Head Coach
Posts: 6,824
And1: 2,630
Joined: Jan 18, 2015
     

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#559 » by N Y K » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 am

i can see us going after derek rose
#teamcoolwithwhoeverclarencepicks
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 12,517
And1: 5,933
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Frankatron Tankadelic

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#560 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:I could see Phil going after Joe Ingles. SF Point Forward on Utah, and that team is about to spend a lot of money to try and keep George Hill and Hayward. They might balk at matching even just a decent deal like what we gave to Lee


He'd actually be a great pickup based on approach, defense and shooting. Just he's sort of old and the Knicks are a few years away. But depending on the cost, and if Phil is big on culture change, you could very well be right. Or should be right.
Phil, Melo, Rose and Noah Suck

Return to New York Knicks