ImageImageImageImageImage

Curious about Love and Blake

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

goldenbrandon
Senior
And1: 106

Curious about Love and Blake 

Post#1 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:09 am

Let's say Melo did waive his no trade clause and accepted a trade to LA or Cleveland for Love or Blake. Where on Gods green earth will they play?? Neither plays center or small forward. And KP ain't moving over. Just a little curious about that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,958

Re: Curious about Love and Blake 

Post#2 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:14 am

They are both being spun for a pick...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#3 » by whocares1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:14 am

This will get locked but since it seems you don't know the rules, I'll answer you.

1. Melo isn't getting traded
2. Clippers and the Cavs would NEVER give up those players for Melo
3. Worrying about Porzingis moving over doesn't matter because..
4. See point 1.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#4 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:16 am

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#5 » by DaGawd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:17 am

goldenbrandon wrote:Let's say Melo did waive his no trade clause and accepted a trade to LA or Cleveland for Love or Blake. Where on Gods green earth will they play?? Neither plays center or small forward. And KP ain't moving over. Just a little curious about that.

You can trade both of them easily if it doesnt work out.. and their value is actually higher than Melo's and they'd bring us back a lot more. If LA did happen to give us Blake tho I'd be tempted to keep him and see what he could do
BaF
Washington Wizards
goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#6 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:18 am

whocares1 wrote:This will get locked but since it seems you don't know the rules, I'll answer you.

1. Melo isn't getting traded
2. Clippers and the Cavs would NEVER give up those players for Melo
3. Worrying about Porzingis moving over doesn't matter because..
4. See point 1.

Hypothetically.

goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#7 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:19 am

DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:Let's say Melo did waive his no trade clause and accepted a trade to LA or Cleveland for Love or Blake. Where on Gods green earth will they play?? Neither plays center or small forward. And KP ain't moving over. Just a little curious about that.

You can trade both of them easily if it doesnt work out.. and their value is actually higher than Melo's and they'd bring us back a lot more. If LA did happen to give us Blake tho I'd be tempted to keep him and see what he could do

When? Blake will be a free agent this summer.

DaGawd
RealGM

Post#8 » by DaGawd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 am

goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Hypothetically if Blake weren't a free agent this coming summer tho that would be one hell of a steal for us to turn Melo into Blake Griffin
BaF
Washington Wizards
goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#9 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:28 am

DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:You can trade both of them easily if it doesnt work out.. and their value is actually higher than Melo's and they'd bring us back a lot more. If LA did happen to give us Blake tho I'd be tempted to keep him and see what he could do

Hypothetically if Blake weren't a free agent this coming summer tho that would be one hell of a steal for us to turn Melo into Blake Griffin

I'm definitely in the minority here but I prefer Melo over Blake. Blake is younger but that's it for me. He'll never be the scorer Melo is and he will miss large portions of the season the rest of his career. But it seems that's the absolute best we could get for Melo.

DaGawd
RealGM

Post#10 » by DaGawd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:34 am

goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:

I'm definitely in the minority here but I prefer Melo over Blake. Blake is younger but that's it for me. He'll never be the scorer Melo is and he will miss large portions of the season the rest of his career. But it seems that's the absolute best we could get for Melo.

I understand the health concerns with Blake. It's fair, But it seems you and anyone else who rather Melo over Blake value scoring waaaay to much and nothing else when it comes to basketball. Blake is overall the better player at this point. He impacts the game in more ways than Melo does
BaF
Washington Wizards
goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#11 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:42 am

DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Hypothetically if Blake weren't a free agent this coming summer tho that would be one hell of a steal for us to turn Melo into Blake Griffin

I understand the health concerns with Blake. It's fair, But it seems you and anyone else who rather Melo over Blake value scoring waaaay to much and nothing else when it comes to basketball. Blake is overall the better player at this point. He impacts the game in more ways than Melo does

Lol I'm just a die hard Melo fan. You're right though. I hate to see us losing and Melo pouring his heart out every night. Sad but I blame Phil for getting a not bad coach instead of the best available coach. When we made the move to get Rose, Phil should have went after Mark Jax or JVG. He got someone he could control. Overlooked non move. Bad coaching choices.

DaGawd
RealGM

Post#12 » by DaGawd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 am

goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:

Lol I'm just a die hard Melo fan. You're right though. I hate to see us losing and Melo pouring his heart out every night. Sad but I blame Phil for getting a not bad coach instead of the best available coach. When we made the move to get Rose, Phil should have went after Mark Jax or JVG. He got someone he could control. Overlooked non move. Bad coaching choices.

Mark jax is a bad coach... Now Thibs on the other hand..
BaF
Washington Wizards
goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#13 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:48 am

DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:I understand the health concerns with Blake. It's fair, But it seems you and anyone else who rather Melo over Blake value scoring waaaay to much and nothing else when it comes to basketball. Blake is overall the better player at this point. He impacts the game in more ways than Melo does

Mark jax is a bad coach... Now Thibs on the other hand..

Him too and he wanted to come here. Smh.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Would Kyle O'Quinn be included? Because, if so,

In Before the KOQ
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#15 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 pm

goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:

It's a hard pill to swallow but as Knicks fans wouldn't you guys want to tank out? Blake won't be good enough either. I think you guys need to accept a full rebuild.
Hopefully Porzingis chooses to stick around for it but all it takes is one high pick to reassure a guy you're team is on the right track.
I mean, did anyone actually like the Rose and Noah pickups? Nobody thought they'd challenge the Cavs or anything, right? I don't get what they were trying to accomplish.
goldenbrandon
Senior

Post#16 » by goldenbrandon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
goldenbrandon wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Hypothetically if Blake weren't a free agent this coming summer tho that would be one hell of a steal for us to turn Melo into Blake Griffin

It's a hard pill to swallow but as Knicks fans wouldn't you guys want to tank out? Blake won't be good enough either. I think you guys need to accept a full rebuild.
Hopefully Porzingis chooses to stick around for it but all it takes is one high pick to reassure a guy you're team is on the right track.
I mean, did anyone actually like the Rose and Noah pickups? Nobody thought they'd challenge the Cavs or anything, right? I don't get what they were trying to accomplish.

I'm not a fan of tanking. Look at the 6ers. They been tanking for some time and will be in the lottery again. Unless there is a can't miss prospect I don't see the point of tanking for a kid to play in a mans league. If we tank I can see KP 30 years old with no playoff appearance

LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#17 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Hypothetically, should this thread be locked. I got in.
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#18 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:19 am

Flip them to Boston

Return to New York Knicks