ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Get Out

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Re: OT Get Out 

Post#21 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 am

el13adnino wrote:this **** looked more rasict then a horror flick

Maybe it's a reverse jinx so that will help a black man not get killed in the first 20 minutes :D
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#22 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 am

MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:Horror movies do nothing for me anymore but the first time I saw the preview for this movie it creeped me out a little bit. Kinda want to see it just to see what it's about

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:I'm gonna watch it, but I don't scare easily so hopefully it's good

Let me recommend you guys some good horror movies, I hate jump scare, I'm more of a psychological horror fan.

Kairo - Japanese, one of their bests in my personal opinion.

The eye (2002) - Asian-Thai, one of the classics.

Insidious - first half was amazing, fell of the cliff at the latter part but it had so much potentials.

Ju-on (2002) - Japanese, classic.

Shutter (2004) - Thai, a classic as well.

Noroi (2005) - Another Japanese classic.

I might have to check those out
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM

Post#23 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 am

MrProb wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:
MrProb wrote:

Let me recommend you guys some good horror movies, I hate jump scare, I'm more of a psychological horror fan.

Kairo - Japanese, one of their bests in my personal opinion.

The eye (2002) - Asian-Thai, one of the classics.

Insidious - first half was amazing, fell of the cliff at the latter part but it had so much potentials.

Ju-on (2002) - Japanese, classic.

Shutter (2004) - Thai, a classic as well.

Noroi (2005) - Another Japanese classic.

I haven't seen any of the Asian ones.

I would go with Blair Witch Project as the best horror film of all-time.

Paranormal Activity is one of my favorites. I'm definitely a big "jump scare" guy. So much so that I actually had to quit going to the theater because others - including patrons - would get pissed at me due to my reaction time. I would jump out of my seat or yell out loud like a girl a millisecond after the scare...so fast that it would ruin everyone else's experience. Sometimes I would do it before the scare even happens. I would do it over and over again and people just got pissed, but I startle easily.

lmao !

Ppl are different I guess, I understand where you're coming from, the build-up, the anticipation probably does it for you.

I didn't like Blair Witch that much, for an american/western classic I'd give it to the original Exorcist.

Sixth Sense was amazing as well.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was probably one of the best ones I can remember. 28 days later was cool when I was younger but I haven't seen that one in a long time. The one movie that always scared me as a kid was IT
DENVER NUGGETS
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#24 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:16 am

SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:
I haven't seen any of the Asian ones.

I would go with Blair Witch Project as the best horror film of all-time.

Paranormal Activity is one of my favorites. I'm definitely a big "jump scare" guy. So much so that I actually had to quit going to the theater because others - including patrons - would get pissed at me due to my reaction time. I would jump out of my seat or yell out loud like a girl a millisecond after the scare...so fast that it would ruin everyone else's experience. Sometimes I would do it before the scare even happens. I would do it over and over again and people just got pissed, but I startle easily.

lmao !

Ppl are different I guess, I understand where you're coming from, the build-up, the anticipation probably does it for you.

I didn't like Blair Witch that much, for an american/western classic I'd give it to the original Exorcist.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was probably one of the best ones I can remember. 28 days later was cool when I was younger but I haven't seen that one in a long time. The one movie that always scared me as a kid was IT

Actually both 28 days/weeks later are my all time favourites, I really really really like those 2 and Jeremy Renner was super cool in 28 weeks but he was pretty much a nobody back then.

You should definitely check those movies I recommended out if you have time, some might end up being your best experiences in a long time.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#25 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:23 am

MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
lmao !

Actually both 28 days/weeks later are my all time favourites, I really really really like those 2 and Jeremy Renner was super cool in 28 weeks but he was pretty much a nobody back then.

You should definitely check those movies I recommended out if you have time, some might end up being your best experiences in a long time.

Now I can't remember if I've seen 28 weeks later. Maybe I have but I really don't remember. I'm gonna check those out for sure though

You ever seen No Country for Old Men? That's the kind of thrillers that I like, not exactly horror movies.
DENVER NUGGETS
MrProb
Analyst

Post#26 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 am

SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Now I can't remember if I've seen 28 weeks later. Maybe I have but I really don't remember. I'm gonna check those out for sure though

You ever seen No Country for Old Men? That's the kind of thrillers that I like, not exactly horror movies.

Yup that's a great movie as well.

That weird looking guy was always stood out in that movie I can't even remember his name lol
MrProb
Analyst

Post#27 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:18 am

SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Also check out Jeeper Creepers 1&2 amazing B movies, really fun.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#28 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 am

MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:

That weird looking guy was always stood out in that movie I can't even remember his name lol

Javier Bardem is the actor, Anton Chigurh is the character he played
DENVER NUGGETS
MrProb
Analyst

Post#29 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 am

SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Javier Bardem is the actor, Anton Chigurh is the character he played

I guesd that's him, his face and hairstyle made him an iconic im that movie lol
HEZI
RealGM

Post#30 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:38 am

MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:

I saw both Jeepers creepers. Remember watching the first one with a bunch of friends and it was fun-ny :lol:

I swear it had me cracking up
DENVER NUGGETS
cayuck
Junior
And1: 262

Post#31 » by cayuck » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:40 am

Most interesting thing about Get Out is Jordan Peele directing.

For the creator of a very successful sketch comedy show to make what looks like a smooth transition to directing a thriller/horror with racial subtext is impressive. I hope this allows his directing career to flourish and someone in Hollywood stakes him with decent sized budgets for more films in the future.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,541

Post#32 » by cgmw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Writer/director Jordan Peele (of Key and Peele fame) is at the BAM doing a Horror anthology followed by presenting some of the screenings of Get Out.

And native New Yorker... JP grew up in Manhattan
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,541

Post#33 » by cgmw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 am

cayuck wrote:Most interesting thing about Get Out is Jordan Peele directing.

For the creator of a very successful sketch comedy show to make what looks like a smooth transition to directing a thriller/horror with racial subtext is impressive. I hope this allows his directing career to flourish and someone in Hollywood stakes him with decent sized budgets for more films in the future.

I grew up with Jordan and he's the mfcking man. So excited for him. Becoming famousAF was one thing, but this is truly impressive
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
MrProb
Analyst

Post#34 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 am

SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

I saw both Jeepers creepers. Remember watching the first one with a bunch of friends and it was fun-ny :lol:

I swear it had me cracking up

It's a classic, well made B movie IMO lol

Good actors, effects, it's funny but also scary.

Very well executed for a movie with pretty much 0 plot lol
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#35 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 am

MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
MrProb wrote:

Probably shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the movie but I just can't **** with a movie that was made by a convicted pedophile. :noway:

I'm definitely going to watch get out, Catherine Keener looks creepy as **** in that movie.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
MrProb
Analyst

Post#36 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 am

Oscirus wrote:
MrProb wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Probably shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the movie but I just can't **** with a movie that was made by a convicted pedophile. :noway:

I'm definitely going to watch get out, Catherine Keener looks creepy as **** in that movie.

I hear you, didn't know about that myself though.

Isn't it scary/disgusting to think there're a lot more pedophiles out there among us? Politicians, Actors, famous ppl...
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#37 » by Oscirus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 am

MrProb wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
MrProb wrote:

Isn't it scary/disgusting to think there're a lot more pedophiles out there among us? Politicians, Actors, famous ppl...

Quite, especially those sick **** using their money/ influence to get away with it.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
MrProb
Analyst

Post#38 » by MrProb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 am

Oscirus wrote:
MrProb wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

Quite, especially those sick **** using their money/ influence to get away with it.

Yep... ppl know, the cops know, ppl around them know but nothing can be done...
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,410

Post#39 » by Guano » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:32 am

Greenie wrote:I don't do Horror flicks.
But....

no but, f*ck that noise
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#40 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm so happy for Jordan. I gotta get behind this film.

Return to New York Knicks