ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks (23-34) @ Cleveland (39-16): Oscars edition in Oak town!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: GT: New York Knicks (23-34) @ Cleveland (39-16): Oscars edition in Oak town! 

Post#1041 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:17 am

JoeypopsNY wrote:melo fanboys are funny its always the surrounding cast. Melo plays no defense and plays iso oberon plays great defense and gets his teammates involved. Leader vs not a leader is a big difference Me-lo is all about himself. LeBron is all about wining

I dislike melo one of my least favorite players but one of the most respected by me the way he plays and continues to defy everyone.

The only thing melo defies is being traded and if he doesnt get the bal he doesnt play defense seriously at all he slaps at the ball.

Melo=garbage loser- Lebrorn=Champion, winner, leader and a real allstar not a sub in.

LeBron attracts high free agents melo gets people who want big contracts who suck.

Melo also had AI billups in denver. Melo has also been to the second round only what once?

Lets not compare and contrast melo is garbage I would seriously take any player besides noah besides him

You the type of fan that deserves this type of team.

It's easier to get Kyrie Irving going over Raymond Felton.

Westbrook has:
Dipo
Roberson
Adams

Harden has:
Bev
Ariza
Anderson
Capela

Basketball is a team sport. TEAM. T.E.A.M. TEAM!!!

Melo has had what here? What?

STAT...How many games did dude miss?
Tyson
JR(when not Spliffing)
Kidd...FOR ONE YEAR!!!

THAT WAS IT! Everyone else were mediocre, fringe role players that have gone on to do nothing of note or are out of the league.

Once again, basketball is a TEAM sport!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,382

Re: GT: New York Knicks (23-34) @ Cleveland (39-16): Oscars edition in Oak town! 

Post#1042 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 am

HerSports85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Been hearing its Melo supporting cast since his rookie year ... 13 yrs later ... same argument. You can be a Melo fan and not delusional at the same time. If building a team to compete Melo is your #2 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

whether he's #1, #2, or even #3 doesn't matter
get him some fking help

Wait so in 13 years you're saying he has never had any help?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

im talking about him with the knicks
he barely got any help here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,809

Post#1043 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 am

Melo should just really open his list up to more teams so he can compete .. point blank period.

He really miss managed his career in terms of basketball success

Started with him resigning his extension with Denver instead of going to Miami

Wanting to be traded from Denver instead of waiting until FA

resigning here after knowing how dysfunctional the front office has been

And well we all know the situation now.

All this he needs more help is pointless. He has to go somewhere where there is already players/system in place and for once put winning first unless he's just complacent then why should any of us care

BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1044 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 am

HerSports85 wrote:Anyway we just moved into the 7th spot. The philly game is crucial.. by Saturday we could be 5th

You know what's funny to me? That we can call for KP to get some help. Then it's others surrounding him. When KP isn't spoon fed the ball it's on his teammates but when Melo has a great game and we STILL lose, it's all on him. When over 1/3 of our cap is regularly injured his entire tenure here it's on Melo right? I bet if it was KP people would gain some fuqing perspective.

People hold Melo to unrealistic standards around here.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1045 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:whether he's #1, #2, or even #3 doesn't matter
get him some fking help

Ok I'll give you that

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,382

Post#1046 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:36 am

Greenie wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Anyway we just moved into the 7th spot. The philly game is crucial.. by Saturday we could be 5th

You know what's funny to me? That we can call for KP to get some help. Then it's others surrounding him. When KP isn't spoon fed the ball it's on his teammates but when Melo has a great game and we STILL lose, it's all on him. When over 1/3 of our cap is regularly injured his entire tenure here it's on Melo right? I bet if it was KP people would gain some fuqing perspective.

People hold Melo to unrealistic standards around here.

don't worry, they gonna learn soon
same people complaining about melo gonna be the same ones complaining about KP
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1047 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:38 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
get him some fking help

Help was supposed to be STAT. We made songs about that duo when the trade went down. STAT fell apart and so did the elite help.

People bring up D'Antoni in Houston glossing over his fuqed up stint in LA. I'm sleep though.

People bring up Lin's bum ass who is on team number 4 since 2013. Oh yeah, great fuqing talent!

Who else Melo "run off"?
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#1048 » by DowNY » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:39 am

JoeypopsNY wrote:melo fanboys are funny its always the surrounding cast. Melo plays no defense and plays iso oberon plays great defense and gets his teammates involved. Leader vs not a leader is a big difference Me-lo is all about himself. LeBron is all about wining

I dislike melo one of my least favorite players but one of the most respected by me the way he plays and continues to defy everyone.

The only thing melo defies is being traded and if he doesnt get the bal he doesnt play defense seriously at all he slaps at the ball.

Melo=garbage loser- Lebrorn=Champion, winner, leader and a real allstar not a sub in.

LeBron attracts high free agents melo gets people who want big contracts who suck.

Melo also had AI billups in denver. Melo has also been to the second round only what once?

Lets not compare and contrast melo is garbage I would seriously take any player besides noah besides him

Well, I hope you feel this exact same way for some like like CP3, who hasn't completed as much goals as Melo has.

Also, I hope you feel the same way about Harden, Cousins, Paul George & Anthony Davis.
All guys who haven't reached much winning success, nor are they on pace to. Not more winning success than Melo that is.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1049 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:49 am

HerSports85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:Been hearing its Melo supporting cast since his rookie year ... 13 yrs later ... same argument. You can be a Melo fan and not delusional at the same time. If building a team to compete Melo is your #2 guy.

whether he's #1, #2, or even #3 doesn't matter
get him some fking help

Denver never missed the fuqing playoffs with Melo. They always ran into buzz saws. Did they underachieve? I think they could have been a better regular season team but the west really is no joke. Prime Kobe, Nash, Duncan and Dirk? That's four teams right there. Hell, Shaq was still in LA when Melo first came in the league.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1050 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:05 am

DowNY wrote:

Well, I hope you feel this exact same way for some like like CP3, who hasn't completed as much goals as Melo has.

Also, I hope you feel the same way about Harden, Cousins, Paul George & Anthony Davis.
All guys who haven't reached much winning success, nor are they on pace to. Not more winning success than Melo that is.

Paul is a two way player that makes players better and is a pure PG....

Has he been past the first rd ever?

PG in Indy is doing what? They had a two year deep run. That's over and talks of him leaving are starting.

Cousins ain't never been to the playoffs

Davis went once. ONCE

Harden has been in and out of the playoffs and outside of his run as the 6th man in OKC I don't remember his runs being that deep in Houston.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,980

Post#1051 » by Capn'O » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:31 am

Greenie wrote:People bring up D'Antoni in Houston glossing over his fuqed up stint in LA. I'm sleep though.

Not touching the general debate here but LAL was a trap for MDA. Some of us said it from the moment they signed him. To a lesser extent giving him two forwards in NYC was, as well. He needs his personnel. I'm not sure why he even interviewed for that LAL job but I suppose I would have too. It's a lot of money.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1052 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 am

Most of these "stars" in the NBA today are reminiscent of when the NBA had Allen Iverson, Jerry Stackhouse, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, T-Mac, Penny Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn/Jason Kidd/Jim Jackson...guys who never found that key player to put them over the top.

The Knicks aren't the only franchise fed up with the current batch of players who are asking for $20-30M per season who can't play defense. Never mind they aren't coachable.

I just want to remind you, George Karl is laughing right now.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1053 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:37 am

Greenie wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
get him some fking help

Denver never missed the fuqing playoffs with Melo. They always ran into buzz saws. Did they underachieve? I think they could have been a better regular season team but the west really is no joke. Prime Kobe, Nash, Duncan and Dirk? That's four teams right there. Hell, Shaq was still in LA when Melo first came in the league.

They definitely under achieved in the regular season AND playoffs. They didn't run into all buzz teams - Utah , clippers, timberwolves - Melos rookie year so this is a pass

But in Melo 7 years with Denver they only won about 15 ( I'll need to check this number) playoff games. Take away the '08 season and it's 6 playoff wins in 6 years.. 1 playoff win per year ... so them making the playoffs argument is really not a good one. They accomplished nothing at all.

Again I'm not saying Melo didn't/don't need more help I just hate the excuse that for 13 yrs that's THE reason he only got out the 2nd rd twice. Every single year he's been in the NBA this has been the narrative smh

Melo never developed his game nor became a 2way player. I'll be just as critical of KP if he doesn't improve in the post, rebounding and moving the ball.

Being a fan doesn't mean you can't point out a player faults. Melo need players that play elite defense, control the flow of offense and lead the team ( as Billups stated before ) Denver and knicks made the mistake of building solely around him instead of looking at him as just an elite scorer and a piece to building a good team. It's more of the front office than Melo - but on the flip side some will argue that Melo didn't attract free agents like his peers - wade/Bron to actually get the team he needed.

As a knick fan I don't mind Melo staying if we get a high draft pick and finally make smart decisions in the off season and surround him with decent players. Willy, KP and Lee is a good start also he's not the only problem here, this team just sucks. but as a Melo fan I want him to go contend for a championship and stop wasting his career. I hate he's so content.

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1054 » by HerSports85 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Most of these "stars" in the NBA today are reminiscent of when the NBA had Allen Iverson, Jerry Stackhouse, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, T-Mac, Penny Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn/Jason Kidd/Jim Jackson...guys who never found that key player to put them over the top.

The Knicks aren't the only franchise fed up with the current batch of players who are asking for $20-30M per season who can't play defense. Never mind they aren't coachable.

Spot on

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1055 » by F N 11 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am

Every time facts are put out there about Melo y'all throw a 21 year old into the mix lol. Accept your boy melo for who he is.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1056 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Most of these "stars" in the NBA today are reminiscent of when the NBA had Allen Iverson, Jerry Stackhouse, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, T-Mac, Penny Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn/Jason Kidd/Jim Jackson...guys who never found that key player to put them over the top.

I disagree. George Karl is probably sleeping right now. 8-)
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1057 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Greenie wrote:People bring up D'Antoni in Houston glossing over his fuqed up stint in LA. I'm sleep though.

Not touching the general debate here but LAL was a trap for MDA. Some of us said it from the moment they signed him. To a lesser extent giving him two forwards in NYC was, as well. He needs his personnel. I'm not sure why he even interviewed for that LAL job but I suppose I would have too. It's a lot of money.

This board gets on players not adjusting but D'Antoni "needs his personnel"? How about Mike ADJUST to the personnel he has?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Post#1058 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:55 pm

I seriously recommend that any Knick fans that are of the same mind as I am to leave the forum for good when Melo is finally moved like I am so your fandom isn't ruined from arguing with these people.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#1059 » by Fury » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:56 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:I seriously recommend that any Knick fans that are of the same mind as I am to leave the forum for good when Melo is finally moved like I am so your fandom isn't ruined from arguing with these people.

What wouldn't the forum be better

Don't leave when we have Lonzo ball :cry: :noway:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Post#1060 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Fury wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:I seriously recommend that any Knick fans that are of the same mind as I am to leave the forum for good when Melo is finally moved like I am so your fandom isn't ruined from arguing with these people.

What wouldn't the forum be better

Don't leave when we have Lonzo ball :cry: :noway:

Bro it'll be "see it wasn't melos fault" or "Willy vs KP" or some other dumb argument. This internet fan base is always going to be seriously divided. Look at it now when the solutions to fix the team are clear as day. Posters on here started bashing KP on purpose just because... A 21 year old kid (to me at least). They're even saying it... That they're bashing him on purpose just because they can.

Return to New York Knicks