ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 3rd Ed (Currently T-6th, 1.5 back of #5 pick, 4 back of #3 Pick)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Re: Draft Thread 3rd Ed (Currently T-6th, 1.5 back of #5 pick, 4 back of #3 Pick) 

Post#1901 » by swisscheeseD » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Handledatruth wrote:Anyway, about Tatum, looks like he might be channeling this former Dukie. If he ends up anything like that guy then we can pass on a PG. :nod:

So Jason Kidd AND Grant Hill are in this draft?

I guess that means Markelle Fultz needs to be nicknamed "Big Dog"?
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Thread 3rd Ed (Currently T-6th, 1.5 back of #5 pick, 4 back of #3 Pick) 

Post#1902 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:I share this fear, we desperately need talent 1-3 spot. Best available in any of these areas as I don't think Melo is going to he here next season.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

one could imagine those twin towers being lethal together but it still scares the hell out of me

We need balance, who's going to give those guys the ball?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Darren Collison or Rubio till we "stealth tank" next year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Re: Draft Thread 3rd Ed (Currently T-6th, 1.5 back of #5 pick, 4 back of #3 Pick) 

Post#1903 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Coeur wrote:Def not crazy. Either could be a tough choice. Getting to see them in person would be huge in deciding, they both have similarly high ceilings.

I think fox has a special leadership quality you'd want in a pg. I don't know how you'd know about frank.

Monk is a really tough one to judge also. First you'd have to wonder if you could play him at pg.

frank's jump shot, size, and lockdown defense potential is very intriguing. he really might be the next greek freak imo. i think he has far more potential than fox.
im hesitant to take monk because he doesn't do anything besides scoring. if we draft him we'd have to hope he develops other skills

What is fox missing outside of his jump shot? Size MAYYYYBE... Maybe I'm just too high on his game, but as soon as (if...?) he starts hitting the j with consistency, league is screwed. Kid gets to basket at will, finishes gracefully, fast af, motor for days, legit lock down defense, scrappy, can take over if need be, and looks to make others better. I think I'd go fox over frank at the moment.

I'm biased though. But feeling blessed cause both should be options! 8-)

Is he more in the mold of a a Kemba Walker who can play great defense? Questionable shot, incredible athleticism, etc.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1904 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:11 pm

El Poochio wrote:MICHAEL B JORDAN B STANDS FOR BLUEDEVIL

i see ur on the bandwagon
welcome aboard
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1905 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I know his ceiling isn't as big as the others but Tatum has that "it factor". You can just tell he relishes the big game and he really established himself as the alpha of that Duke team when I didn't think he had that in him early on. He'll be a solid pro maybe even a multiple all star if thinks break right.

I rate that "it" factor above ALL else. (To an extent it includes BBall IQ of course)
Athleticism on the level of Fox doesn't come along that often (with a game that is close to match I mean) but a lot of guys have these aspects. When players come along with that IT factor (and they have great game), you have to look hard. Of course you have to project them to compete at the NBA level, I'm not meaning "Rudy" here...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1906 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:14 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I know his ceiling isn't as big as the others but Tatum has that "it factor". You can just tell he relishes the big game and he really established himself as the alpha of that Duke team when I didn't think he had that in him early on. He'll be a solid pro maybe even a multiple all star if thinks break right.

I rate that "it" factor above ALL else. (To an extent it includes BBall IQ of course)
Athleticism on the level of Fox doesn't come along that often (with a game that is close to match I mean) but a lot of guys have these aspects. When players come along with that IT factor (and they have great game), you have to look hard. Of course you have to project them to compete at the NBA level, I'm not meaning "Rudy" here...

Fox has it as well, though - he's a combination of athleticism, intangibles, and skill (besides range, but he has shown the ability to hit the mid-range jumper...like Wall).
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant

Post#1907 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:15 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Guano wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
It doesn't make sense. When was the last time the Knicks had a guard that completely controlled the tempo of the game ala John Wall or Westbrook or Chris Paul? Phil doesn't want to see that. If the Knicks got 4th pick they're taking Tatum.

damn, you're right. phil is not drafting a pg. :nonono:

Phil likes veteran point guards that don't need the ball in their hands and can spot shoot. He doesn't like floor general guards. The problem with Phil is that he doesn't realize how the rest of a team really respect a star point guard. Players are more likely to slash/cut move without the ball if they know the guy with the ball in his hands will find them and reward their effort.

Obviously players don't move around when Melo has it. They know that once he has it, it's likely going up as a shot, so even if a high usage point guard has the ball in his hands, the others will move anticipating that the ball will find them in stride. Phil's undervaluing of the point guard is upsetting, but I would still be thrilled with either Jackson or Tatum.

I understand that triangle team concept and I LOVE team ball, but we are handicapping ourself by passing on a great floor general as they can do so much more, in particular because of the position. I just can't imagine passing on a PG who is a great player with a larger skillset for someone who is a good shooter/defender. The guy with the ball in his hands, even in the triangle. can just change the game, and it allows for a team to play more styles if need be.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#1908 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:16 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:

tatum definitely has "it"

and "them"

you know... marbles.

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#1909 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:frank's jump shot, size, and lockdown defense potential is very intriguing. he really might be the next greek freak imo. i think he has far more potential than fox.
im hesitant to take monk because he doesn't do anything besides scoring. if we draft him we'd have to hope he develops other skills

What is fox missing outside of his jump shot? Size MAYYYYBE... Maybe I'm just too high on his game, but as soon as (if...?) he starts hitting the j with consistency, league is screwed. Kid gets to basket at will, finishes gracefully, fast af, motor for days, legit lock down defense, scrappy, can take over if need be, and looks to make others better. I think I'd go fox over frank at the moment.

Is he more in the mold of a a Kemba Walker who can play great defense? Questionable shot, incredible athleticism, etc.

fox is more john wall than kemba. fox is 6'4". nice, rangy guard. wall is kind of his ceiling, i'd say. the comparisons to dennis schroeder look on par for the present.

wall was more of a beast at this point though.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1910 » by whocares1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
N Y K wrote:What is fox missing outside of his jump shot? Size MAYYYYBE... Maybe I'm just too high on his game, but as soon as (if...?) he starts hitting the j with consistency, league is screwed. Kid gets to basket at will, finishes gracefully, fast af, motor for days, legit lock down defense, scrappy, can take over if need be, and looks to make others better. I think I'd go fox over frank at the moment.

fox is more john wall than kemba. fox is 6'4". nice, rangy guard. wall is kind of his ceiling, i'd say. the comparisons to dennis schroeder look on par for the present.

Agreed. Fox is like John Wall lite. Probably a little less explosive than Wall and that isn't an insult to Fox.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#1911 » by The_Special_One » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

welcome aboard

The Tatum train is getting packed, man! :nod:
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,584

Post#1912 » by PeteW » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
N Y K wrote:What is fox missing outside of his jump shot? Size MAYYYYBE... Maybe I'm just too high on his game, but as soon as (if...?) he starts hitting the j with consistency, league is screwed. Kid gets to basket at will, finishes gracefully, fast af, motor for days, legit lock down defense, scrappy, can take over if need be, and looks to make others better. I think I'd go fox over frank at the moment.

He looks like Schroeder WITH defense.

Meanwhile Josh Jackson looks like Wiggins WITH passing and rebounding.

Hence why I would not pick Tatum over the two. Tatum is ballin but he still 6th on my board.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1913 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

A quicker Schroeder and a better defender is my floor for Fox. I really think he's that good and will be. Definitely agree with the ceiling being Wall (Mecca does as well). One thing Wall has on Fox in college is finishing with the off hand and his vision (which has been elite since day 1).
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1914 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm

The_Special_One wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

welcome aboard

it really is lol
i was like the only one on it for the past couple of months haha. good to see everyone realizes tatum isn't a scrub. but this also sucks cause his stock is getting much higher now. let's keep losing games and hopefully we get a shot at him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1915 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm

PeteW wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

He looks like Schroeder WITH defense.

Meanwhile Josh Jackson looks like Wiggins WITH passing and rebounding.

Hence why I would not pick Tatum over the two. Tatum is ballin but he still 6th on my board.

Saying Jackson is like Wiggins with passing, rebounding, and defense (because Wiggins is a bad defender in the NBA, at the moment) is saying he's an entirely different player. It's why many of us have been using the Iguodala comparison.

Good call on the defense with Schroeder, though - people think he's a good defender...but he's not.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#1916 » by The_Special_One » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
The_Special_One wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i see ur on the bandwagon
welcome aboard

it really is lol
i was like the only one on it for the past couple of months haha. good to see everyone realizes tatum isn't a scrub. but this also sucks cause his stock is getting much higher now. let's keep losing games and hopefully we get a shot at him

Draft Express has him at 4th right now. :-? I was hoping Tatum would still be available at 5th/6th.
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1917 » by whocares1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
The_Special_One wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i see ur on the bandwagon
welcome aboard

it really is lol

I want Tatum too idgaf.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1918 » by El Poochio » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

welcome aboard

I am a Duke fan lol I support whoever comes from there JJ Redick is one of my favourite basketball players in the world just cuz of that, Michael B Jordan being my sidekick in my whole NBA career only helps Tatum to be even more endearing

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,255

Post#1919 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:37 pm

johsh jackson is wiggins with the alpha mentality
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1920 » by whocares1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:38 pm

The_Special_One wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
The_Special_One wrote:

it really is lol

Draft Express has him at 4th right now. :-? I was hoping Tatum would still be available at 5th/6th.

If the Lakers and Celtics get the top 2 picks and we end up with 3rd. We'd have a chance at Tatum or Fultz. That's a good problem to have.

Return to New York Knicks