ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Back to normal

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,881

Re: PG: Back to normal 

Post#421 » by GONYK » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:59 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KnicksChamps wrote:
Technically anyone with decent handle can play PG but someone like Lee will greatly hamper their strengths by not playing off the ball at the beginning of the possession. He thrives on catch and shoot/catch and drive. If he's bringing the ball up the court and setting up PnR/Triangle/Whatever else, we're not utilizing him correctly.

JR smith and Jamal Crawford running the point

My sides

Crawford hasn't played the Point in years and almost every season that he's played more than 30% of his minutes at the position, his teams have been at least 10-20 games under .500.

J.R. Smith has spent 1% of his minutes at PG over the course of his career, and he only does it on a team with Lebron, who is the main playmaker.

So, no. They can't play the position.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#422 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:11 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Guano wrote:
If there was a trophy room for dumbest takes in realgm knicks forum history this would be on the mantle.

6'10 all around player vs 7 footer that shoot 3s... I guess we still going to use his size as to why he's a better prospect than Gallo though Gallo is literally better at every single thing except blocking shots? Porzingis edge as a shotblocker doesn't make up the difference for every other aspect of basketball that Gallo has him beat in. I don't get why people always want to just throw out their opinion and never state an actual disagreement with actual facts.

I'll just leave this here

Ok? He's an NBA player, I didn't say the guy couldn't play basketball. What's your point? I'm still waiting to hear what makes Porzingis better than Gallinari. I didn't get an answer from anyone, yet.

I'll take a great scored over a jack of all trade player for example a Carmelo over an Iguodala. But if the guy isn't going to be a great scorer which I don't see see Porzingis ever being, I'll take the jack of all trades player such as an Iguodala over a Rudy Gay. So like I said, I see Porzigis as a Ryan Andersen (remember how good he was on Orlando?) with shot blocking. That's not bad. Just not the guy I'm building around.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#423 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:14 am

Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
6'10 all around player vs 7 footer that shoot 3s... I guess we still going to use his size as to why he's a better prospect than Gallo though Gallo is literally better at every single thing except blocking shots? Porzingis edge as a shotblocker doesn't make up the difference for every other aspect of basketball that Gallo has him beat in. I don't get why people always want to just throw out their opinion and never state an actual disagreement with actual facts.

Ok? He's an NBA player, I didn't say the guy couldn't play basketball. What's your point? I'm still waiting to hear what makes Porzingis better than Gallinari. I didn't get an answer from anyone, yet.

Length, Rim Protection, 3 Pt Shooting
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#424 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:22 am

Mecca wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:

He's a better shooter than Gallo? His length makes him better than Gallo? Oh ok. :lol:
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#425 » by Mecca » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:22 am

Kinglee wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

He's a better shooter than Gallo? His length makes him better than Gallo? Oh ok. :lol:

We really need to screen people before joining this board.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#426 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:28 am

Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

I'll take a great scored over a jack of all trade player for example a Carmelo over an Iguodala. But if the guy isn't going to be a great scorer which I don't see see Porzingis ever being, I'll take the jack of all trades player such as an Iguodala over a Rudy Gay. So like I said, I see Porzigis as a Ryan Andersen (remember how good he was on Orlando?) with shot blocking. That's not bad. Just not the guy I'm building around.

Gallon couldn't do anything in that video
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#427 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 am

Kinglee wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

He's a better shooter than Gallo? His length makes him better than Gallo?
yes, yes it doesn't
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#428 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:30 am

Mecca wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Mecca wrote:

This problem could be solved a lot easier, but just banning everybody.
Imageceltics
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#429 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:30 am

Mecca wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Same thing I'm saying. KP is a 7'3 shooting guard with shot blocking ability. He doesn't move like a guard, he's not more athletic than any other mobile big in the league. He's a great rim protector. I said that repeatedly. But he can't guard the 4 or 5 and on offense besides hitting open jumpers it's just nothing spectacular about the guy. We're still blaming other players for him not being able to create a shot, yet his counterpart in Willy actually goes in the game and have the offense run through him at times.

See Jokic, Nurkic, Embeid, and Towns. Watch how they play and tell me if you watch Porzingis play strictly off the eye test and you're able to convince yourself "damn we got the best young big". Those guys are athletic with offensive skill sets, and can even shoot the 3 ball. Porzingis isn't in the mold of these guys. If he can become a one dimensional super scorer like Dirk was over his career and shot blocking ability, that'll be an elite player. I don't see the scoring ability in him though. He's a robot. I never said Porzingis isn't going to be a good player. Ryan Andersen is a good player in this league. But superstar? Franchise talent? Top 10 player? Nah, I don't see it at all. Not even close.
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#430 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:32 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:

Have you ever watched Gallinari play? Did you forget his memorable duel when he was a Knick and went against Carmelo? You're being ridiculous.

Say one guy is better than the other is cool. But to completely degrade a player with false statements to show a certain biased to one player is prove a point is ridiculous. Be objective.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,507

Post#431 » by Buttah304 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 am

Comparing Ryan Anderson to KP is one of the stupidest **** things I have ever read on this forum
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#432 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:41 am

Buttah304 wrote:Comparing Ryan Anderson to KP is one of the stupidest **** things I have ever read on this forum

I said Ryan Anderson with shot blocking ability. Did you watch him play in Orlando? When he was a jump shooter (exactly what KP is) and was a helluva compliment to Dwight Howard. Stop using your forced expectations of KP due to the hype the Knicks sold you and debate with me based on what KP is showing right now and compare it to what Ryan showed in Orlando when he was a damn good basketball player. Neither rebounds or do anything else besides hit jump shots (which they are pretty good at). KP is a great rim protector. That's the difference.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#433 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:45 am

Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

Have you ever watched Gallinari play? Did you forget his memorable duel when he was a Knick and went against Carmelo? You're being ridiculous.

Say one guy is better than the other is cool. But to completely degrade a player with false statements to show a certain biased to one player is prove a point is ridiculous. Be objective.

Gallo doesn't have the range, or rim protection of KP. Hell, he's barely more athletic than him
Imageceltics
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#434 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:47 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Gallon couldn't do anything in that video

Gallo doesn't have the range, or rim protection of KP. Hell, he's barely more athletic than him

Not sure if you're serious about the range or athletic thing. But anyway, Gallinari is a small forward with point forward capabilities. Porzingis is a center. Why are you comparing their rim protection ability as if that's Gallinari job or role?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#435 » by magnumt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:55 am

Gallo (the orginal) is NO LONGER a Knick, why the **** is he still being debated in a PG thread that WASN'T against the Nuggets?! Comparing him to KP too?! :crazy:

Who do you think you are, TKF?! :-? :lol:

/Thread

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks