ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, GONYK, Thorn, j4remi, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, Capn'O, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Sark
General Manager
Posts: 9,985
And1: 4,295
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#701 » by Sark » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:00 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I don't see anyway melo accepts a 6th man role. Dude laughed off a slam article saying he is a top 20 player in the NBA. He ain't coming off the bench


Yea, I don't see him ever doing that either in a Knick uniform



It's not really his choice. He has the right to make sure he never gets traded, but he doesn't have the right to set his role or minutes. What's he gonna do, not play?
Greenie: Disagree. I think Tatum is going to be better than KP. I don't know about DSjr.

viewtopic.php?p=53748100#p53748100
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 77,294
And1: 28,817
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: JWO -What you gonna do Phil, when Janis runs wild on you!

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#702 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 am

jesus christ. please melo go the clippers so i can stop reading about this already.
Image
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 14,614
And1: 2,713
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#703 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 am

Or Orlando as Doc Rivers is rumored to leave.
User avatar
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,128
And1: 6,235
Joined: Aug 18, 2013

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#704 » by Bill Pidto » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 am

Read on Twitter


KP has said this multiple times now.. how he could tell the team wouldn't be good from the beginning. He seems so disgusted with the whole situation. This was supposed to be a huge year for his career and for the Knicks, and I know he feels like he didn't get a fair chance to be that guy.

But man, I love KP and I love the way he speaks and I love the determination he has. He said he's learning how to be a leader which is great to hear. Hang in there, Zinger!
Wolfgang630
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,308
And1: 500
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#705 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 am

What a surprise Melo and Rose are the worst defenders. Oh man who would've ever GUESSED...Melo probably won't accept a 6th man role, which should mean he plays limited minutes or he gets traded. He's not the **** future.
FirePjax
Analyst
Posts: 3,289
And1: 1,525
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#706 » by FirePjax » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:08 am

Sark wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I don't see anyway melo accepts a 6th man role. Dude laughed off a slam article saying he is a top 20 player in the NBA. He ain't coming off the bench


Yea, I don't see him ever doing that either in a Knick uniform



It's not really his choice. He has the right to make sure he never gets traded, but he doesn't have the right to set his role or minutes. What's he gonna do, not play?


Accept was the wrong word. He has to accept it if that's what he told, but he won't embrace the role.
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 41,373
And1: 18,041
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#707 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am

Tron Carter wrote:dude said melo is the most clutch player in the league since 2004 :rofl:

because clutchness is purely defined by meaningless regular season game winners. This is clutch:


You're comparing Melo to LeBron?
Image
rajajackal
Pro Prospect
Posts: 970
And1: 415
Joined: Nov 04, 2013

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#708 » by rajajackal » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 am

Bill Pidto wrote:
Read on Twitter


KP has said this multiple times now.. how he could tell the team wouldn't be good from the beginning. He seems so disgusted with the whole situation. This was supposed to be a huge year for his career and for the Knicks, and I know he feels like he didn't get a fair chance to be that guy.

But man, I love KP and I love the way he speaks and I love the determination he has. He said he's learning how to be a leader which is great to hear. Hang in there, Zinger!


lol maybe PJ decided that if he was gonna tank while trying to develop KP, he might as well do it by giving him a quick example of what kind of stars don't win
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 1,021
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#709 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:you mad?
you will filter out anything that's non-melo hated posts. facts.
i call you a dolan fan boy because you refuse to acknowledge the fact that phil jackson has been terrible here and you seem to be completely fine with that. just like how dolan is satisfied with losing seasons. so yeah, technically you're a dolan fan boy and you don't even realize it.


You keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't want to embarrass you but I can if you'd like to keep coming after me because I simply don't like your favorite player in the league.

so you just admitted you like dolan and phil jackson since you won't try to contradict anything i just said. congratulations, you just played yourself. good bye.


You keep talking about spending as if it truly matters in the grand scheme. The Knicks pulled in a record profit last season on a terrible team. The money Dolan puts in he knows he is getting back tenfold. There is no risk for Dolan to spend. I would even argue that he spends to look like he attempts to keep the team competitive.

Spending or no spending, an owner is a good owner by the actions they take around their team. Here are the facts: Dolan is over 200 games under .500 as an owner. This is because he has made terrible hires and been involved in many key aspects of the organization of which he knows nothing about. He fired a lot of good people over the years to install yes men and spies, not to bring the team back to its' former glory. Dolan is more concerned about the media and winning PR battles (which he also fails miserably at) than the actual product. Maybe he took a step in the right direction by hiring Phil and stepping away. But the fact of the matter is that he didn't because Phil Jackson was a rookie GM with zero experience getting paid $12 million a season. If Dolan had half a brain he could have hired any respected NBA GM for that money. Instead he went with the big name that has failed him again. Dolan is a terrible owner, not because he is a bad person who verbally abuses his employees, but because he is terrible at decision-making and equally terrible at building a positive environment around the team.

I don't want to hear about spending anymore. The Knicks have been terrible for 17 years. Steinbrenner or no Steinbrenner, even he wasn't bad for that long. Dolan is in Donald Sterling territory. To say anything else is to deny reality. The reality is the Knicks have been terrible from the very moment James Dolan assumed ownership. That is not a just a coincidence. He's not a good owner and you will be hard pressed to find many NBA peers who think he is.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1529839&p=52826989&hilit=phil#p52826989

I think it's been established that Phil has no idea what he's doing.


viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528714&p=52796191&hilit=phil#p52796191

Phil has never tried to rebuild here and I'm not sure why anyone else things otherwise. All his moves were done to win now and each time his moves have failed miserably.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528612&p=52775263&hilit=phil#p52775263

And the visionary thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1436435#start_here

I could go on, but it wouldn't matter. You're already failed.
Knicks record since 2000 (Dolan's first full year of ownership) as of 4/12/17:
576-801
:banghead: :nonono: :noway:
User avatar
3toheadmelo
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 4,436
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#710 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
You keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I don't want to embarrass you but I can if you'd like to keep coming after me because I simply don't like your favorite player in the league.

so you just admitted you like dolan and phil jackson since you won't try to contradict anything i just said. congratulations, you just played yourself. good bye.


You keep talking about spending as if it truly matters in the grand scheme. The Knicks pulled in a record profit last season on a terrible team. The money Dolan puts in he knows he is getting back tenfold. There is no risk for Dolan to spend. I would even argue that he spends to look like he attempts to keep the team competitive.

Spending or no spending, an owner is a good owner by the actions they take around their team. Here are the facts: Dolan is over 200 games under .500 as an owner. This is because he has made terrible hires and been involved in many key aspects of the organization of which he knows nothing about. He fired a lot of good people over the years to install yes men and spies, not to bring the team back to its' former glory. Dolan is more concerned about the media and winning PR battles (which he also fails miserably at) than the actual product. Maybe he took a step in the right direction by hiring Phil and stepping away. But the fact of the matter is that he didn't because Phil Jackson was a rookie GM with zero experience getting paid $12 million a season. If Dolan had half a brain he could have hired any respected NBA GM for that money. Instead he went with the big name that has failed him again. Dolan is a terrible owner, not because he is a bad person who verbally abuses his employees, but because he is terrible at decision-making and equally terrible at building a positive environment around the team.

I don't want to hear about spending anymore. The Knicks have been terrible for 17 years. Steinbrenner or no Steinbrenner, even he wasn't bad for that long. Dolan is in Donald Sterling territory. To say anything else is to deny reality. The reality is the Knicks have been terrible from the very moment James Dolan assumed ownership. That is not a just a coincidence. He's not a good owner and you will be hard pressed to find many NBA peers who think he is.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1529839&p=52826989&hilit=phil#p52826989

I think it's been established that Phil has no idea what he's doing.


viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528714&p=52796191&hilit=phil#p52796191

Phil has never tried to rebuild here and I'm not sure why anyone else things otherwise. All his moves were done to win now and each time his moves have failed miserably.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528612&p=52775263&hilit=phil#p52775263

And the visionary thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1436435#start_here

I could go on, but it wouldn't matter. You're already failed.

lol
still doesn't change the fact you use melo as the scapegoat. but nice try
Death Row Records
Exec: Suge Knight
Pac
Sade
J-Dilla
UGK
Slum Village
ODB
D'Angelo
Twista
Cassidy
Mystikal
Tory Lanez
Play Picasso


FIRE PHIL
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 1,021
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#711 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:31 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:so you just admitted you like dolan and phil jackson since you won't try to contradict anything i just said. congratulations, you just played yourself. good bye.


You keep talking about spending as if it truly matters in the grand scheme. The Knicks pulled in a record profit last season on a terrible team. The money Dolan puts in he knows he is getting back tenfold. There is no risk for Dolan to spend. I would even argue that he spends to look like he attempts to keep the team competitive.

Spending or no spending, an owner is a good owner by the actions they take around their team. Here are the facts: Dolan is over 200 games under .500 as an owner. This is because he has made terrible hires and been involved in many key aspects of the organization of which he knows nothing about. He fired a lot of good people over the years to install yes men and spies, not to bring the team back to its' former glory. Dolan is more concerned about the media and winning PR battles (which he also fails miserably at) than the actual product. Maybe he took a step in the right direction by hiring Phil and stepping away. But the fact of the matter is that he didn't because Phil Jackson was a rookie GM with zero experience getting paid $12 million a season. If Dolan had half a brain he could have hired any respected NBA GM for that money. Instead he went with the big name that has failed him again. Dolan is a terrible owner, not because he is a bad person who verbally abuses his employees, but because he is terrible at decision-making and equally terrible at building a positive environment around the team.

I don't want to hear about spending anymore. The Knicks have been terrible for 17 years. Steinbrenner or no Steinbrenner, even he wasn't bad for that long. Dolan is in Donald Sterling territory. To say anything else is to deny reality. The reality is the Knicks have been terrible from the very moment James Dolan assumed ownership. That is not a just a coincidence. He's not a good owner and you will be hard pressed to find many NBA peers who think he is.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1529839&p=52826989&hilit=phil#p52826989

I think it's been established that Phil has no idea what he's doing.


viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528714&p=52796191&hilit=phil#p52796191

Phil has never tried to rebuild here and I'm not sure why anyone else things otherwise. All his moves were done to win now and each time his moves have failed miserably.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528612&p=52775263&hilit=phil#p52775263

And the visionary thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1436435#start_here

I could go on, but it wouldn't matter. You're already failed.

lol
still doesn't change the fact you use melo as the scapegoat. but nice try


You've failed. Acknowledge your failure and move on.

But it's all about Melo for you. That's your trigger. Melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. Criticizing Melo is allowed.

I hope to see you here when Melo is no longer on the team! :lol: :thinking:
Knicks record since 2000 (Dolan's first full year of ownership) as of 4/12/17:
576-801
:banghead: :nonono: :noway:
User avatar
3toheadmelo
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 4,436
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#712 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1529839&p=52826989&hilit=phil#p52826989



viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528714&p=52796191&hilit=phil#p52796191


viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1528612&p=52775263&hilit=phil#p52775263

And the visionary thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1436435#start_here

I could go on, but it wouldn't matter. You're already failed.

lol
still doesn't change the fact you use melo as the scapegoat. but nice try


You've failed. Acknowledge your failure and move on.

But it's all about Melo for you. That's your trigger. Melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. Criticizing Melo is allowed.

I hope to see you here when Melo is no longer on the team! :lol: :thinking:

the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all
Death Row Records
Exec: Suge Knight
Pac
Sade
J-Dilla
UGK
Slum Village
ODB
D'Angelo
Twista
Cassidy
Mystikal
Tory Lanez
Play Picasso


FIRE PHIL
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 1,021
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#713 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:lol
still doesn't change the fact you use melo as the scapegoat. but nice try


You've failed. Acknowledge your failure and move on.

But it's all about Melo for you. That's your trigger. Melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. Criticizing Melo is allowed.

I hope to see you here when Melo is no longer on the team! :lol: :thinking:

the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all


No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.
Knicks record since 2000 (Dolan's first full year of ownership) as of 4/12/17:
576-801
:banghead: :nonono: :noway:
User avatar
3toheadmelo
General Manager
Posts: 8,802
And1: 4,436
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#714 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
You've failed. Acknowledge your failure and move on.

But it's all about Melo for you. That's your trigger. Melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. Criticizing Melo is allowed.

I hope to see you here when Melo is no longer on the team! :lol: :thinking:

the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all


No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.

you've made it your sole purpose on this forum to bash Carmelo and you seem to ignore that fact. literally all of your posts is about him. even a mod called you out a couple weeks ago for baiting a thread because you turned it into a bashing melo fest. what happened to your other accounts? banned? lmao. why are you still replying to me? you still seem butthurt. you claim to look at everything into prospective but you really don't. just look at your posts and you know why. i only go at people who say melo deserves all the blame when he clearly doesn't. go ahead criticize his game. but if your gonna put all of the blame on him your flat out wrong. that seems to be your only goal in your posts. saying stuff like "melo is holding this team hostage" "he only cares about his brand" etc. i just find that hilarious because you literally look at everything in one perspective : Blame melo. You get so butthurt that I like a player that you dislike. Here's a tip, move on. so again, stop replying back to me cause I have no interest into talking to someone who has no idea about anything. Thanks.
Death Row Records
Exec: Suge Knight
Pac
Sade
J-Dilla
UGK
Slum Village
ODB
D'Angelo
Twista
Cassidy
Mystikal
Tory Lanez
Play Picasso


FIRE PHIL
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 41,373
And1: 18,041
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#715 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
You've failed. Acknowledge your failure and move on.

But it's all about Melo for you. That's your trigger. Melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. Criticizing Melo is allowed.

I hope to see you here when Melo is no longer on the team! :lol: :thinking:

the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all


No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.


What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.
Image
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 1,021
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#716 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 am

Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:the thing is you talk about melo more than me. i would say 95 percent of your posts are bashing carmelo :lol:
u know what they say " if you aint got haters then you ain't poppin"
ive stayed away from these threads for a minute cause of posters like you, ive been chillin in the draft thread. seems like nothing has changed. same people crying about him, for useless reasons. i don't see how melo is just as much at fault as anyone else. like he's the one who's made all those horrible signings over the years, hiring and firing coaches like it's nothing, forcing the triangle down everyone's throat. those are the main reasons why we suck. guess who caused them.. PHIL. but naw, it's his fault we suck so whatever. go ahead and criticize melo's game all you want. you probably expected him to be lebron, that's why you hate him. accept him for who he is. i hope to see you when melo's jersey get's hung up in the rafters :rofl2: good bye once again, don't quote me at all


No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.


What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.


I was going to guess who And-1'ed your posts and to my surprise it was...drum roll please.....3totheheadmelo.

Porzingis is the future of the franchise and the only hope this team has of ever doing anything productive in the foreseeable future. He is young and full of potential. Hence why people are willing to give him time to develop and are high on him, as is most of the NBA collectively.

Melo is part of the old guard and has failed miserably. He has no place in the future of this team and it's time to move on. You can take that as an insult. I take it as reality. This is the 100% truth and reality to the current situation.

Melo would be best served leaving, for himself and for the Knicks.
Knicks record since 2000 (Dolan's first full year of ownership) as of 4/12/17:
576-801
:banghead: :nonono: :noway:
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 41,373
And1: 18,041
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#717 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
No, the thing is you post like a child and get offended when anyone mentions Carmelo Anthony in a negative light. It is as if you have some sort of weird stalker-ish obsession with the man and will go to great lengths to clear his name. Your username refers to Carmelo, as does your avatar and around 5000 of your 5235 posts. Everything on this forum revolves around Carmelo for you.

You are so blinded by this love of Carmelo that you went as far as to call me of all people a 'Dolan and Phil fanboy' because I criticized Carmelo Anthony. When I explained that you were wrong, you doubled down on your statement. When I provided clear evidence (besides my sig, which is clear as day) that you were wrong you retreated back to your 'Melo hater' argument and dropped your Phil/Dolan fanboy claims. The problem is you think everything is black and white. You are like many on this forum - because you support one guy you must hate everything else and vice versa.

Being a true long time fan of the team I see things with all shades and I criticize everyone equally. Nobody is exempt from criticism. Not Dolan, not Phil, not Hornacek, not Anthony, not Rose, not Noah, not even Porzingis. Everyone has negatives they need to figure out, some more than others. Unfortunately for you, you have taken this as an insult, a slight, and have made it your MO to post on this forum exclusively about Carmelo Anthony. You have made it a point, like some of your brethren, to attack, insult and laugh at anyone else who critiques Melo while also providing a myriad of excuses for him but for nobody else.

The act is tired, and old. and I do hope for this 'era' to end soon so we can usher in some new blood of fans who aren't attached to single players over the entire franchise.


What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.


I was going to guess who And-1'ed your posts and to my surprise it was...drum roll please.....3totheheadmelo.

Porzingis is the future of the franchise and the only hope this team has of ever doing anything productive in the foreseeable future. He is young and full of potential. Hence why people are willing to give him time to develop and are high on him, as is most of the NBA collectively.

Melo is part of the old guard and has failed miserably. He has no place in the future of this team and it's time to move on. You can take that as an insult. I take it as reality. This is the 100% truth and reality to the current situation.

Melo would be best served leaving, for himself and for the Knicks.



What you're doing is giving excuses for the excessive nastiness being thrown at Melo. You can think KP is the future. He's 21 and Melo is 32...duh, but calling our best player a cancer, selfish and **** on and on and on is uncalled for when it's all supposedly because you want to "start fresh" with KP. That's the stuff that has people start to overrate players and place the weight of the franchise on one individuals shoulders. That shouldn't be. It's this behavior/practice that eventually turns heros into villains for no good reason. It's why the sane people on this board know KP is next to go through the nonsense. Marbury went through it and Ewing before him. All the same.


Melo didn't come here and suck. He came here, got paid, played well and failed to carry a bad team to the promise land. That's his crime. He's not the devil and yet people want to paint him as that. People love to say he's Dominick Wilkins, but the funny thing is Hawk fans have nothing but love for dude. They don't treat him like an abomination. All around the NBA players that have been really good but come up short don't get this much hate. Only NY and LA. I don't even think Pierce got this type of hate from Boston before KG and Ray. NY fans and media stay doing too much.
Image
NY2k1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,667
And1: 108
Joined: Dec 21, 2011

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#718 » by NY2k1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 am

Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.


I was going to guess who And-1'ed your posts and to my surprise it was...drum roll please.....3totheheadmelo.

Porzingis is the future of the franchise and the only hope this team has of ever doing anything productive in the foreseeable future. He is young and full of potential. Hence why people are willing to give him time to develop and are high on him, as is most of the NBA collectively.

Melo is part of the old guard and has failed miserably. He has no place in the future of this team and it's time to move on. You can take that as an insult. I take it as reality. This is the 100% truth and reality to the current situation.

Melo would be best served leaving, for himself and for the Knicks.



What you're doing is giving excuses for the excessive nastiness being thrown at Melo. You can think KP is the future. He's 21 and Melo is 32...duh, but calling our best player a cancer, selfish and **** on and on and on is uncalled for when it's all supposedly because you want to "start fresh" with KP. That's the stuff that has people start to overrate players and place the weight of the franchise on one individuals shoulders. That shouldn't be. It's this behavior/practice that eventually turns heros into villains for no good reason. It's why the sane people on this board know KP is next to go through the nonsense. Marbury went through it and Ewing before him. All the same.


Melo didn't come here and suck. He came here, got paid, played well and failed to carry a bad team to the promise land. That's his crime. He's not the devil and yet people want to paint him as that. People love to say he's Dominick Wilkins, but the funny thing is Hawk fans have nothing but love for dude. They don't treat him like an abomination. All around the NBA players that have been really good but come up short don't get this much hate. Only NY and LA. I don't even think Pierce got this type of hate from Boston before KG and Ray. NY fans and media stay doing too much.


Agreed.

That being said, I do think Melo should be traded if they could get enough good value for him, but I do agree with you that he's been crapped on here a lot.
User avatar
Sark
General Manager
Posts: 9,985
And1: 4,295
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#719 » by Sark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 am

Greenie wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
What are you talking about? We have the children of KP here now and everything revolves around him. Linsanity on steroids.

That's why the Melo hate was trumped up. People are taking it way overboard. One player will never be responsible for a team record. Yet, people want to paint Melo as the anti-christ and KP as the savior. One day KP will play the Melo role and I think it's dumb. The Knicks failed to build a team and Melo failed at being a savior. People want so bad to hand this team to someone not named Melo when in reality this team was never Melo's to begin with and it won't be KP's. This is Dolan's team and the team reflects him and always will.


I was going to guess who And-1'ed your posts and to my surprise it was...drum roll please.....3totheheadmelo.

Porzingis is the future of the franchise and the only hope this team has of ever doing anything productive in the foreseeable future. He is young and full of potential. Hence why people are willing to give him time to develop and are high on him, as is most of the NBA collectively.

Melo is part of the old guard and has failed miserably. He has no place in the future of this team and it's time to move on. You can take that as an insult. I take it as reality. This is the 100% truth and reality to the current situation.

Melo would be best served leaving, for himself and for the Knicks.



What you're doing is giving excuses for the excessive nastiness being thrown at Melo. You can think KP is the future. He's 21 and Melo is 32...duh, but calling our best player a cancer, selfish and **** on and on and on is uncalled for when it's all supposedly because you want to "start fresh" with KP. That's the stuff that has people start to overrate players and place the weight of the franchise on one individuals shoulders. That shouldn't be. It's this behavior/practice that eventually turns heros into villains for no good reason. It's why the sane people on this board know KP is next to go through the nonsense. Marbury went through it and Ewing before him. All the same.


Melo didn't come here and suck. He came here, got paid, played well and failed to carry a bad team to the promise land. That's his crime. He's not the devil and yet people want to paint him as that. People love to say he's Dominick Wilkins, but the funny thing is Hawk fans have nothing but love for dude. They don't treat him like an abomination. All around the NBA players that have been really good but come up short don't get this much hate. Only NY and LA. I don't even think Pierce got this type of hate from Boston before KG and Ray. NY fans and media stay doing too much.



Every player in the NBA gets hate from somewhere. Hell, you throw tons of nasty hatefullness towards Shumpert, Lin, KP, and Lebron. Why do you think it's ok for you to do it, but then cry a river when it happens to Melo? Don't you think that's hypocritical?

The hate towards Melo around here derives from his own doing - playing selfish, and holding the team hostage with his ntc.

Overall I think he's a good guy, but his time has run it's course in NY, unless he is willing to take a greatly reduced role with the team. I think he'd be a great player off the bench if he were to stay. If he's willing to do that, then it's probably worth keeping him around.
Greenie: Disagree. I think Tatum is going to be better than KP. I don't know about DSjr.

viewtopic.php?p=53748100#p53748100
User avatar
shmeakone
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,483
And1: 848
Joined: Mar 26, 2012
Contact:

Re: Kristaps Porzingis says there’s confusion ‘from top to bottom’ with Knicks’ game plans 

Post#720 » by shmeakone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

rajajackal wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:
Read on Twitter


KP has said this multiple times now.. how he could tell the team wouldn't be good from the beginning. He seems so disgusted with the whole situation. This was supposed to be a huge year for his career and for the Knicks, and I know he feels like he didn't get a fair chance to be that guy.

But man, I love KP and I love the way he speaks and I love the determination he has. He said he's learning how to be a leader which is great to hear. Hang in there, Zinger!


lol maybe PJ decided that if he was gonna tank while trying to develop KP, he might as well do it by giving him a quick example of what kind of stars don't win

Patrick f'ing Ewing didn't make the playoffs until his 3rd year with the Knicks.

I'm not even saying Porzingis is gonna come close to Ewing, lets relax a bit though before saying that this was THE year.
Image
Through thick & thin.. still #KnicksTape

Bring back Ill Will & Gallo!

Return to New York Knicks