ImageImageImageImageImage

Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, j4remi, GONYK, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, Thorn, Capn'O, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 33,630
And1: 16,105
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#1 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:41 pm

http://nypost.com/2017/03/16/phil-jackson-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek-source/

Despite the Knicks’ brutal record and growing input of Phil Jackson, who reversed the head coach’s offense, Jeff Hornacek’s job is safe, according to an NBA source.

In his three years as team president, Jackson has had four head coaches and, though this club was built to win now, there’s no plan for a fifth head coach this summer. The Knicks fell out of the playoff race in early March and take a pitiful 27-41 record — the league’s seventh-worst — into Thursday’s Garden rematch against the Nets.

...

When Jackson fired Derek Fisher in February 2016, during the coach’s second season, it was not because of a poor win-loss record. Sources insist Fisher was dismissed because of his lack of communication with Jackson, failing to respond to Jackson’s emails promptly and a passive-aggressive resistance to Jackson being involved with coaching aspects.



On the "Fake News" front, I'm a little tired of the fourth head coach line. While technically true, it falls to any scrutiny. Woodson was inherited and nearly immediately dismissed and Rambis was an interim.
Image
Bound for glory
Crackerjack465
Senior
Posts: 549
And1: 454
Joined: Aug 07, 2009
     

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#2 » by Crackerjack465 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Phil, just coach this team yourself. You're basically coaching it anyway.
omaro34
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 605
Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Location: Earth

Knicks Aren't Going to Fire Hornacek This Off-Season 

Post#3 » by omaro34 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Bleacher Report is pretty credible: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698334-knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-reportedly-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek

Phil can't afford to fire another coach and bring in a new one, unless he decides to coach himself which I doubt he will considering his health & age.

As long as Phil and Dolan are around the Knicks will continue to crumble tbh.
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 76,374
And1: 27,746
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: JWO -What you gonna do Phil, when Janis runs wild on you!

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#4 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:On the "Fake News" front, I'm a little tired of the fourth head coach line.


i'll allow it
Image
Jimmit79
Junior
Posts: 455
And1: 173
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: RE: Knicks Aren't Going to Fire Hornacek This Off-Season 

Post#5 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

omaro34 wrote:Bleacher Report is pretty credible: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698334-knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-reportedly-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek

Phil can't afford to fire another coach and bring in a new one, unless he decides to coach himself which I doubt he will considering his health & age.

As long as Dolan is around the Knicks will continue to crumble tbh.


Fixed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 9,885
And1: 4,863
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#6 » by King of Canada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Good. It's not his fault.
Image
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,039
And1: 2,658
Joined: Aug 28, 2002
Location: Patrolling the middle....

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#7 » by duetta » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Rambis has to go, and they need to bring in a defensive guru to assist Hornacek. It was Jackson's error in not bringing one in.

Our defensive schemes are truly offensive.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 33,630
And1: 16,105
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Knicks Aren't Going to Fire Hornacek This Off-Season 

Post#8 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:54 pm

omaro34 wrote:Bleacher Report is pretty credible: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698334-knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-reportedly-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek

Phil can't afford to fire another coach and bring in a new one, unless he decides to coach himself which I doubt he will considering his health & age.

As long as Phil and Dolan are around the Knicks will continue to crumble tbh.


merged with mine, fyi.
Image
Bound for glory
omaro34
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 605
Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Location: Earth

Re: Knicks Aren't Going to Fire Hornacek This Off-Season 

Post#9 » by omaro34 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Bleacher Report is pretty credible: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698334-knicks-rumors-phil-jackson-reportedly-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek

Phil can't afford to fire another coach and bring in a new one, unless he decides to coach himself which I doubt he will considering his health & age.

As long as Phil and Dolan are around the Knicks will continue to crumble tbh.


merged with mine, fyi.


my bad, didn't see your post
User avatar
BKlutch
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,151
And1: 2,369
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#10 » by BKlutch » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Capn'O wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/03/16/phil-jackson-wont-fire-jeff-hornacek-source/

Despite the Knicks’ brutal record and growing input of Phil Jackson, who reversed the head coach’s offense, Jeff Hornacek’s job is safe, according to an NBA source.

In his three years as team president, Jackson has had four head coaches and, though this club was built to win now, there’s no plan for a fifth head coach this summer. The Knicks fell out of the playoff race in early March and take a pitiful 27-41 record — the league’s seventh-worst — into Thursday’s Garden rematch against the Nets.

...

When Jackson fired Derek Fisher in February 2016, during the coach’s second season, it was not because of a poor win-loss record. Sources insist Fisher was dismissed because of his lack of communication with Jackson, failing to respond to Jackson’s emails promptly and a passive-aggressive resistance to Jackson being involved with coaching aspects.



On the "Fake News" front, I'm a little tired of the fourth head coach line. While technically true, it falls to any scrutiny. Woodson was inherited and nearly immediately dismissed and Rambis was an interim.

That's just Berman trying to convince us that his coaching choices are 4/3 as bad as they could have been. So if Isola only says 3, Berman wins this round. :banghead:
¡uᴉɐƃɐ Ԁ∩ ǝpᴉS ʇɥƃᴉɹ sǝʌlǝsɹno ʇǝƃ puɐ sᴉɥʇ xᴉɟ ɐʇʇoפ
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 87,583
And1: 13,941
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Should have just kept Woodson...as a defensive coach. At least Woodson can teach defense.
Legends Draft
C:Nate Thurmond/DeAndre Jordan
PF:Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
SF:Elgin Baylor/Paul Pressey/Cliff Hagan/Larry Kenon
SG:Dale Ellis/Hersey Hawkins/Jason Richardson
PG:Magic Johnson/Derrick Rose/Lenny Wilkens
Kristaps6_NYK
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,988
And1: 945
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#12 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 pm

moocow007 wrote:Should have just kept Woodson...as a defensive coach. At least Woodson can teach defense.
damn talk about living in the past LOL
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,825
And1: 2,465
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#13 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm

duetta wrote:Rambis has to go, and they need to bring in a defensive guru to assist Hornacek. It was Jackson's error in not bringing one in.

Our defensive schemes are truly offensive.


Bring back Herb
L.A. Clippers
C:Clint Capela/Channing Frye/J.Hill/Seraphin
PF:Luol Deng/Frye/Beasley/J.Hill/jarrell martin
SF:Andrew Wiggins/SuperCool Beas/JJ
SG:Justin Holiday/Crawford/J.Jones
PG:Kyrie Irving/Sessions/Crawford/Toney Douglas
IR:Rudy Gay
User avatar
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,928
And1: 5,853
Joined: Aug 18, 2013

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#14 » by Bill Pidto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Capn'O wrote:On the "Fake News" front, I'm a little tired of the fourth head coach line.


It's crazy man. I wish Phil would call them out on that garbage.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,825
And1: 2,465
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#15 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:18 pm

rather us stay with Hornacek then go with another brand new coach.
L.A. Clippers
C:Clint Capela/Channing Frye/J.Hill/Seraphin
PF:Luol Deng/Frye/Beasley/J.Hill/jarrell martin
SF:Andrew Wiggins/SuperCool Beas/JJ
SG:Justin Holiday/Crawford/J.Jones
PG:Kyrie Irving/Sessions/Crawford/Toney Douglas
IR:Rudy Gay
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,168
And1: 3,051
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#16 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Scrolled down as RealGM loaded and at quick glance thought it said Knicks fire Hornacek. I was coming here expecting a **** show...

Actually, that's exactly the reason I always find myself coming here...
el13adnino
Analyst
Posts: 3,301
And1: 1,531
Joined: Feb 20, 2015
Location: f**k u mean
     

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#17 » by el13adnino » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

give me bob hurley
Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 76,374
And1: 27,746
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: JWO -What you gonna do Phil, when Janis runs wild on you!

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#18 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:26 pm

i never expected jeff to be fired. he can't fire another coach. they're still paying fisher for 2 more years. he'll just force jeff more and more to do what he wants, removing whatever slight credibility jeff had left to his players, and plunging us further down the abyss. yay.
Image
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 49,329
And1: 12,918
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: TeamPhil
   

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#19 » by GONYK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Jeff was never going to be fired
Image
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,950
And1: 4,027
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Per NY Post: Hornacek's job is safe 

Post#20 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm still very interested in finding out if the 50 win coach from PHX is in there and has room to grow. I personally don't believe that this year has told us much of anything important in that regard. I'd like to see Hornaceck start with a (relatively) clean slate after a potential Melo trade this offseason.

Return to New York Knicks