ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: LaVar Ball done it now. Oh no he didn't? Oh yes he did.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

OT: LaVar Ball done it now. Oh no he didn't? Oh yes he did. 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 am

:o Professor LaVar Ball on basketball genetics.

There is something seriously wrong with this dude.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lebron-james-strong-response-lavar-ball-article-1.3004997

LeBron James fires back at LaVar Ball for his comments about Cavs star’s kids
JOHN HEALY
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 8:18 PM

LaVar Ball may have finally crossed a line.

The father of UCLA star Lonzo Ball continues to say outlandish things, with his latest comments drawing ire from LeBron James.

LaVar went onto a podcast with FS1’s Chris Broussard and spoke about how his son’s have a better chance of succeeding in the NBA than the sons of NBA All-Stars.

“The monsters in the NBA, thier dads wasn’t that good,” LaVar said. “They were OK, they was players, but the fact that the old (dell) Curry wasn’t no All-Star, he wasn’t cold. He could shoot the ball, though. Kobe Bryant, his dad wasn’t all that, that’s why he’s such a monster.

“You got LeBron, it’s going to be hard for his kids because they are going to look at them like, ‘You got to be just like your dad.’ And after a while, that pressure starts sitting on you like, ‘Why do I got to be just like him? What can’t I just be me?’ And then they are going to be like, ‘Aw, you’re soft, you’re not that good.’ Because the expectation is very, very high.”

James responded with some strong words for LaVar.

“Keep my kids’ name out of your mouth, keep my family name out of your mouth. This is dad to dad. It’s a problem now,” James told ESPN on Tuesday, while practicing at UCLA’s campus, no less.

“He can talk all about his brand, talk about his sons, talk about basketball, talk about me,” James continued. “But keep my family out of this.”

Barkley roots against UCLA due to LaVar Ball

There's just some things even LaVar Ball shouldn't say.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: OT: LaVar Ball done it now. Oh no he didn't? Oh yes he did. 

Post#2 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 am

Yeah man time to tape your mouth shut before the country catches on that you are an idiot.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#3 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 am

Lonzo:

xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#4 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:26 am

LaVar really is taking it too far. I mean the comments itself arent a big deal, but he absolutely doesnt need to even mention the sons of LeBron.

At first, Lavar and his shtick was cool. Good father with enormous expectation and support of his sons. Nothing wrong with that. But lately hes actively seeking the spotlight and actually taking it away from Lonzo. Hes on tv shows like SportsNation, and just saying ridiculous things like saying he can beat MJ. Bringing up other players sons, especially when you dont know LeBron and his sons personally, is a little too far.

LaVar needs to stay in the background. Dude must have been starving for attention during his "prime" years when he was a young player. And now hes really trying to make the most of it and taking advantage of his sons rising star power.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,808

Post#5 » by Adelheid » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 am

Bill Pidto wrote:Lonzo:

He should show that to his old man.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#6 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:38 am

Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#7 » by Knickerbock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 am

I actually don't have a problem with what he said about lebrons kid...

I mean what he said is true.. That kid will be referred to as "lebron's son" for a long time...there will be expectations..
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#8 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:02 am

lol He kinda does have a point if you think about it. it isnt as outlandish as i thought it was going to be. Lebron james a little to over the top though. I come to realize james is more sensitive then i thought. James is like kim jong un at this point holy hell brah
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#9 » by Knickerbock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:09 am

sushibear wrote:lol He kinda does have a point if you think about it. it isnt as outlandish as i thought it was going to be. Lebron james a little to over the top though. I come to realize james is more sensitive then i thought. James is like kim jong un at this point holy hell brah

Lebron is undisputed the King of absolute Bitchassness
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#10 » by Greenie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:19 am

Knickerbock wrote:I actually don't have a problem with what he said about lebrons kid...

I mean what he said is true.. That kid will be referred to as "lebron's son" for a long time...there will be expectations..

You don't talk about someone else's kids. That's outta pocket and those are fighting words. Those kids ain't even teenagers yet. LaVar needs to STFU before somebody shuts his mouth for him.

I don't know how you all were raised and brought up but if an adult had anything to say out of line to me as a kid my parents was coming to see them ASAP and it wasn't pretty.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#11 » by Oscirus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:31 am

Feuding with Barkley, **** talking Jordan, and now gets out of line with Lebron?

Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen, Lonzo's about to become a Knick :lol:
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,777

Post#12 » by spree8 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:31 am

Yea I'm not getting the issue. All he's saying is that his kids will be compared to him their whole career...that's a lot of pressure when you're talking about a top 10 all time player. Lebron is just a baby...nothing new.

As far as him vs MJ...I heard him explain himself on ESPN, and he just said that he had like 70 lbs on MJ and in a 1 on 1 would just use his size advantage, that's all.

Lavar is basically having barber shop talk with people, but his stuff is being broadcast to the whole world...too bad the PC world we live in now, people take offense to everything.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#13 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:34 am

I'll drive down pick him and his kid up and drive them across the country if it meant Lonzo is a knick.

This is when keeping it real goes wrong. Keep that in house. Dude really is getting carried away with the media tour he's been on. Lonzo will have everyone coming after him from the jump, though.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#14 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 am

Oscirus wrote:Feuding with Barkley, **** talking Jordan, and now gets out of line with Lebron?

Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen, Lonzo's about to become a Knick :lol:

Pop champagne if it happens. Seriously.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:49 am

Greenie wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:I actually don't have a problem with what he said about lebrons kid...

You don't talk about someone else's kids. That's outta pocket and those are fighting words. Those kids ain't even teenagers yet. LaVar needs to STFU before somebody shuts his mouth for him.

I don't know how you all were raised and brought up but if an adult had anything to say out of line to me as a kid my parents was coming to see them ASAP and it wasn't pretty.

What was said that cross the line? I know teachers and coaches that have said more shiet than what Mr. Ball said. gimme a break :roll:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Post#16 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 am

Reading that snippet made me think of Michael Jordan's son.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:54 am

You NEVER get in between and man and his children like that in public. You just don't say stuff like that.

Lebron's mistake was getting emotional about it in a quote. If I was Lebron, I'd make light of it to the media. Then I'd put on a bunny rabbit costume I'd have one of my posse rent for me and I'd lie in wait for him to pass by at which time I'd f*ck him up talking all kinds of smack.

What's he going to do, go to the police and tell them what? :dontknow:
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#18 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

You NEVER get in between and man and his children like that in public. You just don't say stuff like that.

Lebron's mistake was getting emotional about it in a quote. If I was Lebron, I'd make light of it to the media. Then I'd put on a bunny rabbit costume I'd have one of my posse rent for me and I'd lie in wait for him to pass by at which time I'd f*ck him up talking all kinds of smack.

What's he going to do, go to the police and tell them what?
:dontknow:

You've done this before, haven't you..
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,425

Post#19 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:00 am

Lonzo on the Knicks, and dad commenting and critiquing Phil and the next GM on every move and everything, would really make things a rowdy circus.

NBA should give us the 2nd pick just for the headlines this marriage would create every week. The league will have fun.
sushibear
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by sushibear » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Lebron's mistake was getting emotional about it in a quote. If I was Lebron, I'd make light of it to the media but then I'd make a point of running into him at the right time. Then I'd put on a bunny rabbit costume I'd have one of my posse rent for me AND THEN I'd lie in wait for him to pass by at which time I'd f*ck him up talking all kinds of smack.

What's he going to do?

that would be a bitch azz move if lebron did that. In life thats called assault and you look like the bad guy. Lavar ball just gave his opinion on how stressful it could be on these kids following your old mans shoe. its true though. i dont understand the hostility towards this man on some of the things he saying. Like really though? that sheit tic you off to the point where you want to assault the man. wow. The media doing its thing on trying to make something out of nothing.

Return to New York Knicks