ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 6.0 - (Currently T-4th, 44th & 58th)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Re: Draft Thread 6.0 - (Currently T-4th, 44th & 58th) 

Post#1201 » by knickstape21 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm

E-Balla wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not surprised by this. I've heard about his defense being an issue all year. Even I was scratching my head at times early this season for letting guys get into the paint really easily.

My left nut knows more about basketball than coach Nick.

Nice. Have him apply here: nyknicks.com/careers
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,884

Post#1202 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter

How is this possible? bad measurements? Or is it possible for your wingspan to shrink?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1203 » by El Poochio » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:17 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

How is this possible? bad measurements? Or is it possible for your wingspan to shrink?

He also got heavier with Lonzo Ball now in his pockets

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1204 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Well from the Eye test he sure does not have a 6'6 wingspan. Only Fultz and Frank have good wingspan for thier size. The rest of them are avg or really short.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1205 » by King of Canada » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 pm

BBALLBREAKDOWN appears to be a bitch ass troll
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1206 » by HEZI » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:24 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Well from the Eye test he sure does not have a 6'6 wingspan. Only Fultz and Frank have good wingspan for thier size. The rest of them are avg or really short.

Really?

I thought he had a great wingspan with those spider arms

No way does he have the same wingspan as Malik Monk, I mean there's just no way. Right?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1207 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:27 pm

SMAC-K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Well from the Eye test he sure does not have a 6'6 wingspan. Only Fultz and Frank have good wingspan for thier size. The rest of them are avg or really short.

Really?

No way does he have the same wingspan as Malik Monk, I mean there's just no way. Right?

His wingspan is no where near what I would call great if we are talking about Elite Wingspan vs Size. I can look at him at tell the school measurement is the one the that correct. Those are not 6'6 or 6'7 arms on a 6'2 body.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1208 » by HEZI » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Really?

His wingspan is no where near what I would call great if we are talking about Elite Wingspan vs Size. I can look at him at tell the school measurement is the one the that correct. Those are not 6'6 or 6'7 arms on a 6'2 body.

I don't know why I always thought he was closer to 6'4" than 6'2"

Out of him, Monk and Briscoe, he always looked like the tallest guy from the 3 and the other two guys are listed at 6'3" :dontknow:

So I don't know I just figured his wingspan was pretty good for his size
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1209 » by El Poochio » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 pm

If you want wingspan you need Lickinass

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1210 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:40 pm

SMAC-K wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
Really?

I don't know why I always thought he was closer to 6'4" than 6'2"

Out of him, Monk and Briscoe, he always looked like the tallest guy from the 3 and the other two guys are listed at 6'3" :dontknow:

So I don't know I just figured his wingspan was pretty good for his size

I would say its solid for his size. I judge T Rex arms by if you can notice them being short. I don't see that with Fox. With Monk I see it. Same with Josh Jackson,He does not have great wingspan for his size, but his arm length compliments him. When you start to get ugly is when you have a 6'8 player like Rodney Hood with his arms. Also with Fox I don't think he is 6'4 in shoes. Fultz looks longer than him. I would say 6'2 without shoes looks to be right.

T Rex don right here. :o

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1211 » by E-Balla » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

King of Canada wrote:BBALLBREAKDOWN appears to be a bitch ass troll

Because he is. His crowning glory in **** videos:

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1212 » by Sark » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:55 pm

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

538 CARMELO has us getting to 30 wins, and tied for 4th worst record.

<1% chance to still win it all as well.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#1213 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 pm

battabing10 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
I see what you see. He sees stuff in slow motion and I don't see that with Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

They're two different type of pg's. Lonzo likes to get the ball moving early on and get in motion. He doesn't necessarily need/rely on picks because of his ability to see over almost everyone who guards him. Fox is your classic pick and roll/take you off the dribble pg. He needs his threat of penetration to set up every move he does.

if we are gonna run the triangle then ball is a better fit.

lol what..In the triangle, the PG normally doesn't normally average a lot of assists. The ball is always moving around and isn't in the pg's hands for a good chunk of it. The ideal fit for the triangle would be a PG who can shoot from long range and hit the mid-range jumper effectively. I prefer Fultz or Frank the Tank
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1214 » by E-Balla » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:59 pm

SMAC-K wrote:

Really?

Narrow shoulders. Remember wingspan isn't all arm length.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1215 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
They're two different type of pg's. Lonzo likes to get the ball moving early on and get in motion. He doesn't necessarily need/rely on picks because of his ability to see over almost everyone who guards him. Fox is your classic pick and roll/take you off the dribble pg. He needs his threat of penetration to set up every move he does.

lol what..In the triangle, the PG normally doesn't normally average a lot of assists. The ball is always moving around and isn't in the pg's hands for a good chunk of it. The ideal fit for the triangle would be a PG who can shoot from long range and hit the mid-range jumper effectively. I prefer Fultz or Frank the Tank

Well...Ball hit the three at a high clip this year on large volume, and we shouldn't be taking many mid-range jumpers as is. The triangle requires high IQ players who can hit the correct guy in the correct spot at the correct time - he does that better than anyone in any draft going back to Kidd.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1216 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm

BBall does seems to have an Axe to grind with Fox. I remember him being super high on Fultz. Did not watch his video when he said he would do one on Ball.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#1217 » by battabing10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

you are right. but i see ball moving more willing without the ball, cutting. and court vision is a gift no matter what offense your run. i bet he's a better pocket passer and pick and roll guy. triangle at the end pf possessions can become a two-man game. almost forgot-- ball will destroy on fast breaks.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#1218 » by AmazingJason » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:10 pm

j4remi wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:
shtolky wrote:If Lonzo's stock is down because of a three game stretch in which he averaged 14ppg, 4.5rpg, 6.6apg, 63% fg, 44% 3p, only 2 TO per game...then I say thank you moron experts and scouts and GM's who pass on him, I will gladly take him. Thanks again!! One bad game in the NCAA tournament should do zero for a prospect's stock, and it won't.

For comparison FWIW, Fox's stats: 21 ppg, 2.7rpg, 2.7 apg, 50% fg, 29% 3p, 2.5 to per game. I love Fox, but if he is drafter before Ball I would be absolutely stunned beyond belief.

Then prepare to be stunned beyond belief, because Fox should be drafted before Ball.

Just once this decade I want a PG that can both get to the rack AND shoot the ball efficiently. I like Fox but I'd take the 6'6 guy with pure point skills over the high motor athletic guy who doesn't shoot and isn't as good a playmaker (which isn't really an insult because Ball's playmaking is rare). Gimme Lonzo all day.
edit: just to clarify, I'm not saying Lonzo is a worldbeater on the drive, but he breaks down defenses fine and gets inside comfortably. Just doesn't look to finish as much as he kicks it out or finds a cutter.

Being realistic, I don't think it'll happen. That is, unless we somehow jump into the top 2-3 and have a chance to draft Fultz or Ball. Phil just doesn't value the PG position enough and prefers to go "underground" to find one (Calderon, Sasha, Wroten, Grant, Baker, Randle, buying low on Rose & Jennings). There's Ntikilina, but we're positioned too high so perhaps we'll trade down for him. I pretty much think it'll be Jackson or Tatum, depending on whomever is available where we pick. Although I am not a fan of Tatum, he would give us a guy to throw it into the post to when we run the triangle, and it would essentially signal the end of the Melo era...which Phil hasn't exactly been coy about wanting.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1219 » by E-Balla » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Ball moves the ball extremely well and he's probably the best cutter I've seen among NCAA PGs. He also can shoot from long range and he's the best shooter coming off screens in the draft. He's Phil's dream PG if he can add a floater (and when he did use his floater it actually went down).
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#1220 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
battabing10 wrote:

Well...Ball hit the three at a high clip this year on large volume, and we shouldn't be taking many mid-range jumpers as is. The triangle requires high IQ players who can hit the correct guy in the correct spot at the correct time - he does that better than anyone in any draft going back to Kidd.

If a player's biggest asset is his passing (over his scoring), then why would you draft him into a system that doesn't utilize his strength as much. I have a strong feeling we won't be drafting Ball.

Another thing is his shooting mechanics. He brings up the ball to his right side. Well every time he drives right and pulls up for a jumper, the defender can still catch up to him because he's bringing the ball up to his left side going right. Charles Barkley mentioned this briefly on one of their halftime segments.

Return to New York Knicks