ImageImageImageImageImage

Thank God, It's Over.

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, NoLayupRule, GONYK, Capn'O, Thorn, AllanH20, j4remi, Thugger HBC, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,028
And1: 8,048
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#21 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Sark wrote:
FKF wrote:The situation is not as bad as it is. Relax people!

The Knicks are not the Nets. They sell-out their games, they own their pick and they won 31 games, 22 games away from the top Eastern seed.

However, it is proving more difficult for Eastern teams to rebuild, because they win more games in a weaker conference and therefore get less ping balls. Thibs's Wolves were a better team than the Knicks, and both finish tied.
The Wolves finish 36 games behind the West's top seed and will get as many ping balls.

Let's just hope for a top 3 pick, that's all any team can do at this point when you miss the play-offs. And we are not that far from getting back to 40+ wins or more.

At some point, the NBA should perhaps factor in strength of schedule when giving odds to the lottery.
All Easter teams are in the 1st half of teams with an SOS of under .500.

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS/order/false

Eastern teams are getting easier schedules, which weakens their lottery positions, while they so desperately need more talent to rebuild.

The league would become pretty **** up if Phoenix, LAL, Minnesota each won a top 3 position.



Only 22 games huh? You say it as if we're right there, and just need a piece or two.

And in fact Eastern teams are getting top picks. Actually our divison is getting top picks. The Boston Celtics are the top team, and have a good chance at the #1 pick overall. Get ready to play Markelle Fultz for the next decade. The Sixers have a likely top 4 pick, and maybe even 2 of them if the Lakers fall. Get ready for Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson and maybe Lonzo Ball for the next decade.

What do we have to show for this ineptitude? We have 33 year old Melo, who still wants to stay, and will never pass the ball. Whoever we even get in this draft will have to stall his development, until Mr Anthony can finally come off the books.

NY Knicks, welcome to another decade of irrelevance.


List of excuses

Blame Melo

End of list

I'm looking forward to the excuses after he leaves
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
EL CABRITO
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,934
And1: 29
Joined: Aug 06, 2004
Location: MANHATTAN NEW YORK

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#22 » by EL CABRITO » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm glad yet another slow motion train wreck is history. I'd also like to thank Melo as he was a complete class act here ,with that said ...Melo is going to ROAST us next season...I feel for whoever has to guard him, expect to see the full extent of his arsenal ...then he'll give a coy interview when it's over. I wish we didn't give away Wilson Chandler in that deal.

I'm happy we have that 1st rounder too, would of been nice to own the 2nd rounder.
When having a bad day, I like to think to myself,..."Well at least I'm not on fire"...
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 39,124
And1: 16,602
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#23 » by Greenie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:21 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:
FKF wrote:The situation is not as bad as it is. Relax people!

The Knicks are not the Nets. They sell-out their games, they own their pick and they won 31 games, 22 games away from the top Eastern seed.

However, it is proving more difficult for Eastern teams to rebuild, because they win more games in a weaker conference and therefore get less ping balls. Thibs's Wolves were a better team than the Knicks, and both finish tied.
The Wolves finish 36 games behind the West's top seed and will get as many ping balls.

Let's just hope for a top 3 pick, that's all any team can do at this point when you miss the play-offs. And we are not that far from getting back to 40+ wins or more.

At some point, the NBA should perhaps factor in strength of schedule when giving odds to the lottery.
All Easter teams are in the 1st half of teams with an SOS of under .500.

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS/order/false

Eastern teams are getting easier schedules, which weakens their lottery positions, while they so desperately need more talent to rebuild.

The league would become pretty **** up if Phoenix, LAL, Minnesota each won a top 3 position.



Only 22 games huh? You say it as if we're right there, and just need a piece or two.

And in fact Eastern teams are getting top picks. Actually our divison is getting top picks. The Boston Celtics are the top team, and have a good chance at the #1 pick overall. Get ready to play Markelle Fultz for the next decade. The Sixers have a likely top 4 pick, and maybe even 2 of them if the Lakers fall. Get ready for Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson and maybe Lonzo Ball for the next decade.

What do we have to show for this ineptitude? We have 33 year old Melo, who still wants to stay, and will never pass the ball. Whoever we even get in this draft will have to stall his development, until Mr Anthony can finally come off the books.

NY Knicks, welcome to another decade of irrelevance.


List of excuses

Blame Melo

End of list

I'm looking forward to the excuses after he leaves

KP will be at fault.
Especially when we trade Willy and he blows up.
KNICKS REALGM BAT 17
Washington Bullets
C: Steven Adams/Roy Hibbert
PF: Ersan Ilyasova<->Ben Simmons/Dwight Powell
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Kyle Anderson
SG: Courtney Lee/Alec Burks/Jamal Murray
PG: Malcolm Brogdon/Seth Curry
sportscrazy
General Manager
Posts: 7,622
And1: 522
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#24 » by sportscrazy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:I'm still holding out hope for a top 3 pick.

Absolutely brutal year, but would have been well worth it for a top 3 pick. Please, God.


Don't we all already know deep down what's going to happen? The T'Wolves are going to win the coin toss for the 6th Overall Pick and the team with the 6th Overall Pick (T'Wolves) will win the draft lottery or at least land a top 3 pick. We all should know this already, we're Knicks fans.
User avatar
FKF
RealGM
Posts: 10,598
And1: 402
Joined: Nov 08, 2001
   

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#25 » by FKF » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Sark wrote:
FKF wrote:The situation is not as bad as it is. Relax people!

The Knicks are not the Nets. They sell-out their games, they own their pick and they won 31 games, 22 games away from the top Eastern seed.

However, it is proving more difficult for Eastern teams to rebuild, because they win more games in a weaker conference and therefore get less ping balls. Thibs's Wolves were a better team than the Knicks, and both finish tied.
The Wolves finish 36 games behind the West's top seed and will get as many ping balls.

Let's just hope for a top 3 pick, that's all any team can do at this point when you miss the play-offs. And we are not that far from getting back to 40+ wins or more.

At some point, the NBA should perhaps factor in strength of schedule when giving odds to the lottery.
All Easter teams are in the 1st half of teams with an SOS of under .500.

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS/order/false

Eastern teams are getting easier schedules, which weakens their lottery positions, while they so desperately need more talent to rebuild.

The league would become pretty **** up if Phoenix, LAL, Minnesota each won a top 3 position.



Only 22 games huh? You say it as if we're right there, and just need a piece or two.

And in fact Eastern teams are getting top picks. Actually our divison is getting top picks. The Boston Celtics are the top team, and have a good chance at the #1 pick overall. Get ready to play Markelle Fultz for the next decade. The Sixers have a likely top 4 pick, and maybe even 2 of them if the Lakers fall. Get ready for Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson and maybe Lonzo Ball for the next decade.

What do we have to show for this ineptitude? We have 33 year old Melo, who still wants to stay, and will never pass the ball. Whoever we even get in this draft will have to stall his development, until Mr Anthony can finally come off the books.

NY Knicks, welcome to another decade of irrelevance.


We absolutely need to get rid of Melo.

My point is the top seed only won 52 games, imo, the East is going to get swept in the Finals.
Hell we won more games in 2013 than that with 54!

Boston is a weak top seed, and it's a shame they're going to get a top pick, thanks to Brooklyn. So yes, the Knicks are not the Nets.
Sometimes people act like the Knciks are the worst, they are not the worst, they have young talent, picks, and can move forward once they get rid of Melo.
User avatar
DievsZingis
Sophomore
Posts: 180
And1: 234
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
Location: Brooklyn
       

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#26 » by DievsZingis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 pm

I didn't want to start a whole thread for this little nugget, but I wasn't aware of this during the season.....it was just posted on Bleacher Report.


"A March 12 New York Knicks loss to the Brooklyn Nets reportedly resulted in the largest argument the team had this season.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN.com, head coach Jeff Hornacek yelled at his team in the locker room at halftime after trailing 67-49. Carmelo Anthony responded with his own screaming.

"Anthony's R-rated rant essentially questioned the direction of the entire organization," Begley explained.

Apparently, the only thing that stopped the fighting was the team's having to go out to warm up for the second half. The Knicks lost 120-112 that night to fall to 26-41 on the season."


I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt, maybe he was asking wtf are we trying to do..win or lose? Lose? So why the **** are you yelling? But then he goes and tells the coach that he wants to play in the last game of the season, and the coach clearly left it up to him. So he played.

That being said...the coach is yelling at his team in the locker room at halftime, who is down to the worst team in the NBA big time, to try to motivate them, on this specific night, in this specific game against this specific team, and this dude starts yelling and throwing profanities at his coach in front of the whole team and brings up the direction of the organization...something that is specific to a season and has nothing to do with his coach or the game on this night against the Nets......Jesus Christ this guy is **** stupid. I would actually be glad if the notion that he isn't a leader is true, because if he does try to be one, he's real **** at it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
fresko024
Veteran
Posts: 2,659
And1: 440
Joined: Jan 01, 2011
Location: Jersey
       

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#27 » by fresko024 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:19 am

Thank God is right. This team had potential but we were quickly reminded that defense is very important. Rose and Melo were a disaster on defense. I like Melo but getting rid of him is best for the rebuild. KP, a top pick this year, and a FA to go with all of our future picks is a good situation to be in..
IN PHIL WE TRUST #KNICKSTAPE
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 39,124
And1: 16,602
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#28 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:17 am

DaGawd wrote:**** the Knicks

Uh huh
KNICKS REALGM BAT 17
Washington Bullets
C: Steven Adams/Roy Hibbert
PF: Ersan Ilyasova<->Ben Simmons/Dwight Powell
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Kyle Anderson
SG: Courtney Lee/Alec Burks/Jamal Murray
PG: Malcolm Brogdon/Seth Curry
User avatar
RottenApple
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,423
And1: 211
Joined: Feb 14, 2010
Location: Germany
 

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#29 » by RottenApple » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RottenApple wrote:f phil, f dolan

its hard to root fo a franhise controlled by egomaniacs like phil and dolan


As opposed to all the other controlling egomaniacs in professional sports?


FU CK Dolan FU CK Phil. Phil manages to loose kristaps in his 1st free agency wait and see
im bout dat action boss
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 36,882
And1: 9,940
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:15 pm

RottenApple wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RottenApple wrote:f phil, f dolan

its hard to root fo a franhise controlled by egomaniacs like phil and dolan


As opposed to all the other controlling egomaniacs in professional sports?


FU CK Dolan FU CK Phil. Phil manages to loose kristaps in his 1st free agency wait and see


Melo put all that shyt in KP's head. It'll be ok.

I hope. :lol:
sportscrazy
General Manager
Posts: 7,622
And1: 522
Joined: Jul 27, 2002

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#31 » by sportscrazy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:22 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Don't we all already know deep down what's going to happen? The T'Wolves are going to win the coin toss for the 6th Overall Pick and the team with the 6th Overall Pick (T'Wolves) will win the draft lottery or at least land a top 3 pick. We all should know this already, we're Knicks fans.


Step 1 - Completed
Step 2 - To Be Complete On Draft Lottery Night
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 20,640
And1: 2,247
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#32 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Image

Yet another year in which the Knicks got off to a decent start to make us believe that perhaps this team is capable of something. Then all of a sudden it's Christmas and the Knicks forget how to win. Losing 9 of the next ten, the Knicks were never able to bounce back and the season was all but lost. At least there's a silver lining, we have our own first round pick... so let's go mess that up.

At this point in time both generals are leading their armies, General Melo is in a battle against General Zen. Melo and his NTC guarantees that it's up to him whether he stays or goes. General Zen has the backing of Dolan, who will live up to his end of the deal. In this bloody battle, there are no victories, only victims. Phil has done every thing he can do to alienate Melo, but also the fans in this. How could anyone in their right mind support this? How could anyone support the triangle in this day and age? Phil has his spies and minions all over the place, there's not a chance this could be successful. Then there's Melo, it was always about the money. He wanted his money when he came here, we obliged in sacrificing the chips. We proceeded to squander all opportunities to build a team around him, the entire Billups fiasco really cost us. He wanted his money when he resigned with us, but hey he wanted to be here. It's just obvious it wasn't Phil who wanted him here. Both sides are to blame for this, Melo's shortsightedness and the ineptitude of the Knicks.

Hell I still can't believe that Thibs allegedly wanted to be here, we don't even consider him and then proceed to trade for Rose and sign Noah. Hell even Melo respected Thibs, but hey lets go with Hornacek. Then again he never had a chance to succeed here, once Rambis and Sasha were still on this team you knew that Phil was going to be interjecting at every chance he could get. Running the triangle extensively next year? What's the point of Hornacek even traveling with the team, just have Phil skype all the games. Hornacek has been castrated to the point that him resigning the head coaching position seems plausible.

This ugly season has served as a brutal reminder to all of us. The end of the bench players, this is their job, their livelihood and they got families to support, dreams to chase and this is their chance at it. Having to root against the likes of Baker, Ndour, Randle and Plumlee honestly annoys me. Their trying to prove that they belong in this league and all it's doing is hurting the long term outlook of this team. We complete the sweep against the Bulls who were fighting for the playoffs, we beat the Pistons and we beat the Heat who were fighting for the playoffs. In what world does this even make sense? Last but not least we beat the 76ers to allow us to be in a coin toss for the sixth pick.

The development of young players was indeed present this year, however to most fans it wasn't the one we wanted. Porzingis improved his numbers across the board, FG%, 3P%, Assists, Blocks and points. However he didn't blossom into a superstar in his second season and some have even soured on him! I mean I don't know about you, but the potential is still there for him and he's going to only get better. Hernangomez really impressed this year when given playing time, as a starter he averaged 12 points, 9 rebounds and 2 assists. He shown some real flashes, some slick passing, shooting and defense. He proved that he is going to be a real good player in the near future, definitely a nice steal by Phil on that one. Baker didn't always get a lot of time this year, but proved that he deserves a spot on the team.

Looking into the offseason, the Knicks yet again seemed poised for a rebuild, so that means we will doing another patch job. Similar to the roads in NY during winter, the maintenance crews do some piss poor patch jobs on the potholes, they'll only open up again in a few weeks time. That's been the Knicks for years now, retooling instead of rebuilding. It all begins with Melo, I have to believe that he sees the writing on the wall and that writing is screaming accept a trade. I cringe at the thought of how little Phil will accept in exchange for Melo, but for the sake of the future of this team it has to be done. Unless we get the help of the Gods, Old or New, we are screwed because Hank Moody said it best, God Hates us All. Gone are the days of Fultz, Ball and Jackson but now the debate will rage over the likes of Fox, Monk, Smith and Ntilikina. I would like to think we can't add another big man... could we? The Knicks will still be able to add a nice young piece to the team, but a possible franchise changer has eluded us.

Noah remains an albatross of a contract, virtually untradable and is facing suspension and recovering from injury. The trifecta! Lee is the perfect player to get traded, solid contract and has probably already asked to be traded. I can't envision a world in which he stays on this team next year. Then there's Derrick Rose. The man who went AWOL on us, the team and is clearly looking to cash in on a season in which he proved he can still get to the basket and still relatively healthy. At this point of his career he's suited to be a sixth man, but his pride probably won't allow him to come off the bench. I sincerely hope we don't even entertain the idea of bringing him back, ESPECIALLY since we will be running the triangle next year.

The Knicks will have some cap space to play around with this offseason, but man... stop. This team isn't in position nor should even entertain signing anyone. Hey if we can sign a Durant, Curry, Paul, Hayward or Griffin then go for it, but then you wake up and realize this isn't 2K. I really hope we don't hand a max contract out to the likes of Jrue, Otto, Lowry, KCP, Noel or the Milsaps of the world. Let the kids develop, the future of this team is KP, Willy and the draft pick. They need to grow their own identities, not playing sidekicks to a team heading nowhere.

It's been a long season and one in which I'm super glad that it's over. This was one of the worst Knick seasons I've ever lived through and I hope we never have to suffer like this again.


MP we all feel your pain. I will say though that I don't know that we are going to be doing that much re-building. Phil made it pretty clear that he is okay with Rose returning. Phil likes to keep guys he trades for around (Lance and Lou). I don't expect Rose to get any fantastic offers with his end of season injury, so that may be something to look out for. Our pick, it is unlikely that we draft anything but 7th. Maybe 8th. Phil will likely pick up that Frank kid he's been scouting. Phil made it clear he doesn't care about winning, rather he is concerned with building a culture. The problem is that the culture needs to be associated with winning... Right now KP went from being poised to have a Kobe-summer to having an Andrea Bargnani summer. Incidentally, the MAIN reason I don't want KP adding too much weight and moving to C is because that is EXACTLY what went wrong for Bargnani.

It is very plausible that we enter next season with:
Noah/Willie/Plum
KP/OQuinn/Ndour
Melo/Lance/Holiday
Lee/Baker/Sasha
Rose/Frank/Randle

It is also plausible that we move Melo for the void of Bosh's contract and Winslow (or even pick 16 on draft night).

Phil doesn't have any star players who are willing to work with him to give him credibility. Kobe supposedly was playing the Billups role (Re larry Brown vs Starbury) and again.... fail for us. Shaq talks smack, but he ain't leaving his cushy broadcast gig to be a NYK puppet.

I really am interested to see how Phil handles this KP stuff... That will ultimately be our groundhog test.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
FKF
RealGM
Posts: 10,598
And1: 402
Joined: Nov 08, 2001
   

Re: Thank God, It's Over. 

Post#33 » by FKF » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Thank God 2k exists

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks