ImageImageImageImageImage

Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss!

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Capn'O, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, AllanH20, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 39,312
And1: 16,753
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#621 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?


Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

It's a little easier to be lucky each spot you move up. See Curry, Seth.


Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:



Kawhi wasn't top 10
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 39,312
And1: 16,753
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#622 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

We can still get a really good player. Even a superstar. We have to have a meshing roster though.
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
RealGM
Posts: 24,437
And1: 7,537
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool
   

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#623 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Guess either way its still Frank or top 3. Its just therapuetic to complain about this
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 11,738
And1: 5,344
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Melo And His Muleicorn

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#624 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

It's a little easier to be lucky each spot you move up. See Curry, Seth.


Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:



Kawhi wasn't top 10


Outlier. Also, I always acknowledge you can get a very good, even great player from 8 on down. It's just the chances go way down. Also, lets factor in the random luck factor even after good scouting. Lets say every year, without fail, a Kawhi level player appears, let's say 10th, for arguments sake. That means a somewhat rotating cast of teams passes on that sort of player 9 times, yet it can't be that everyone of those scouting departments is lame. Ok, so a few obvious picks and drafting for need, but it still sort of indicates 4-5 teams not doing a very good job of scouting. Possible, just not preferable.

Hey, it's water under the bridge, the Knicks are picking 7th or 8th, might luck out with the lottery (doubtful - those odds again), but for a moment there there was a real shot at 4th. And face it, the real impact players tend to be in top 3, which 4th would have at least given the Knicks better odds plus a crack at the guy just out of the top 3.
Phil, Melo, Rose and Noah Suck
User avatar
SMAC-K
RealGM
Posts: 19,027
And1: 3,173
Joined: Nov 16, 2004

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#625 » by SMAC-K » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best
whocares1
Analyst
Posts: 3,059
And1: 1,552
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#626 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 pm

SMAC-K wrote:You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best


But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if we traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?
User avatar
SMAC-K
RealGM
Posts: 19,027
And1: 3,173
Joined: Nov 16, 2004

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#627 » by SMAC-K » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 pm

whocares1 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best


But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if he traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?


Yeah he was supposed to be the guy that was going to destroy our tank and make our young guys better and blah blah blah

People were crying over a bench player
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,112
And1: 8,083
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#628 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm

ctorres wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Besart19 wrote:we're getting a top3 pick... no doubt about it... Adam Silver is a Knick fan after all!!

Unless that anti-NYK conspiracy is true :D


Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.


I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.


We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
whocares1
Analyst
Posts: 3,059
And1: 1,552
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#629 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Not a conspiracy but a curse. Picks 7-9....are the likely outcome.


I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.


We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.


The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.
User avatar
K-DOT
Starter
Posts: 2,334
And1: 1,408
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
       

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#630 » by K-DOT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

SMAC-K wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:You all should blame the TWolves not the Knicks. The Knicks barely beat a depleted Sixers team, barely being the key word. The pathetic TWolves couldn't beat the Thunder without Westbrook. Tank commander Rubio doing what he does best


But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if he traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?


Yeah he was supposed to be the guy that was going to destroy our tank and make our young guys better and blah blah blah

People were crying over a bench player

I also blame the Heat and Bulls, those two wins down the stretch were crucial for us, I have no idea how we won them
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,112
And1: 8,083
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#631 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:
I don't really get why ending up 7-9 is a problem.

I would be more than happy to draft Markkanen and have him bomb away threes alongside either KP or Willy. The spacing they can create would be a thing of beauty.


We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.


The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.


You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Do you not see how your argument are conflicting?
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
User avatar
SMAC-K
RealGM
Posts: 19,027
And1: 3,173
Joined: Nov 16, 2004

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#632 » by SMAC-K » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
But..I thought Rubio was supposed to ruin our tank if he traded for him? Wasn't that why people didn't want him?


Yeah he was supposed to be the guy that was going to destroy our tank and make our young guys better and blah blah blah

People were crying over a bench player

I also blame the Heat and Bulls, those two wins down the stretch were crucial for us, I have no idea how we won them


At least the Heat competed hard in that game, things were just not going their way. The Bulls were pathetic in their effort and energy and just laid down and took the L.
whocares1
Analyst
Posts: 3,059
And1: 1,552
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#633 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
We willingly dropped back a spot in the order if we don't end up in the top 3. I don't think anyone complains if we lose that game and have the 6th spot if the draft order doesn't change.


The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.


You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Do you not see how your argument are conflicting?


Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.
User avatar
PeteW
Analyst
Posts: 3,686
And1: 682
Joined: Nov 10, 2009
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#634 » by PeteW » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm still hanging onto that 18%. That's not bad odds at all. And in the case we dont jump to the top 3, I'm warming up to Frank a bit.
Chuck Diesel wrote:Mindaugas Kuzminskas looks like the guy who scrambles to ring the town bell that warns villagers of oncoming invaders.
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,112
And1: 8,083
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#635 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
The fact that N'Dour decided the game meant it was going to happen anyway. Minnesota lost to the Lakers twice and OKC without Westbrook while playing their best players 40 minutes a game. The basketball gods have spoken man.


You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Do you not see how your argument are conflicting?


Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.


This is a terrible spin job.

And it still doesn't explain why you are so hardcore about tanking in January but are fine with winning the final game which put you back one slot??
Spoiler:




Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:




Read on Twitter
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 11,738
And1: 5,344
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Melo And His Muleicorn

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#636 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm

If the basketball gods have spoken, they have said "We like tank" because that's exactly what Minny was doing losing twice to the Lakers. And they got rewarded for their effort.
Phil, Melo, Rose and Noah Suck
whocares1
Analyst
Posts: 3,059
And1: 1,552
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#637 » by whocares1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:03 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
You complain about a comment I made about a game we won in JANUARY when we were still in the playoff race because "fans knew we needed to tank".

And now you're accepting that they hurt their own tank on the last game of the season in APRIL.

Do you not see how your argument are conflicting?


Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.


This is a terrible spin job.

And it still doesn't explain why you are so hardcore about tanking in January but are fine with winning the final game which put you back one slot??


I was hardcore back in January, but the pointless victories were stressing me out. Every win the same ****. One side saying that rooting for losses makes you a fake fan, one side saying that we need as many losses as possible to get a high draft pick and then a few users sprinkled in there that would say "It's just one game. They can't lose them all. Knicks are still in a good position to lose these next couple of games." At a certain point you get tired of it.

Btw I'm not "fine with winning the last game." I just knew it was going to happen. I was at the gym watching it with my friend who doesn't watch regular season basketball and I told him that the Knicks were going to find a way to win. He came to same conclusion as me after they won. The Knicks are cursed so don't waste your passion on a team that can't get out of their own way. Just sit on the sideline until there's something to cheer about.
Traveyknicks23
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,745
And1: 531
Joined: Feb 23, 2015
         

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#638 » by Traveyknicks23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

lol born to lose but refuse to walk away :banghead:
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 20,870
And1: 3,844
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
 

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#639 » by Marty McFly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:So we lucked out 2 years ago by dropping 1 spot in the draft..Maybe this is a blessing in disguise also?


Here's the big difference. Knicks were still in the top 4. Now, the Knicks are looking at being towards the bottom of the top 10.

It's a little easier to be lucky each spot you move up. See Curry, Seth.


Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:

many great players get chosen by teams that aren't the knicks. the times that we've picked in that range over the last 15 years, the draft has not been kind to us. the best out of that bunch is gallo, and he's been injury prone for most of his career, which is why having a top 5 would have likely mitigated our undistinguished lottery history, as it did in kp's case.

i really do hope that we land the best player int he draft in that range, cause i know the anti-tankers are going to act like we didn't try to compete this season, the next time we put a pedestrian team on the floor.
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 20,870
And1: 3,844
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
 

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#640 » by Marty McFly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 pm

PeteW wrote:I'm still hanging onto that 18%. That's not bad odds at all. And in the case we dont jump to the top 3, I'm warming up to Frank a bit.

worst come to worst, if we fall to 10 and frank is there, i can't see how that's not a godsend at that point.

Return to New York Knicks