ImageImageImageImageImage

Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss!

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, NoLayupRule, GONYK, Capn'O, Thorn, AllanH20, j4remi, Thugger HBC, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion

symbiotic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,253
And1: 133
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Location: Lumania
 

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#641 » by symbiotic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:21 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:At least we got that memorable gutsy win against Philly!



A WIN IS A WIN!!! THE KNICKS WON and it will mean so much going forward. After all, the Knicks WON!
User avatar
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 17,028
And1: 8,048
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#642 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:30 pm

whocares1 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Lol we were never in the playoff race. Even in January we were destined for the lottery and anyone with any sort of awareness knew that.
Im no longer part of team tank Im really just part of "don't stress it, Knicks are gonna Knick" team. Knicks of course won the last game on a game winner by Maurice NDour because Knicks. Knicks of course lose the "coin flip" to Minnesota because Knicks. At a certain point I just realized that the team loses when they should win, and win when they should lose and I don't need that stress in my life.


This is a terrible spin job.

And it still doesn't explain why you are so hardcore about tanking in January but are fine with winning the final game which put you back one slot??


I was hardcore back in January, but the pointless victories were stressing me out. Every win the same ****. One side saying that rooting for losses makes you a fake fan, one side saying that we need as many losses as possible to get a high draft pick and then a few users sprinkled in there that would say "It's just one game. They can't lose them all. Knicks are still in a good position to lose these next couple of games." At a certain point you get tired of it.

Btw I'm not "fine with winning the last game." I just knew it was going to happen. I was at the gym watching it with my friend who doesn't watch regular season basketball and I told him that the Knicks were going to find a way to win. He came to same conclusion as me after they won. The Knicks are cursed so don't waste your passion on a team that can't get out of their own way. Just sit on the sideline until there's something to cheer about.


I can live with being cursed. I can't live with being cursed and being stupid.

Say we lost that game, had the 6th seed going into the lottery and were the only team to fall back like in 2015. Id deal with it. **** happens.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


2016-17 Knicks

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Kinglee
Pro Prospect
Posts: 872
And1: 339
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#643 » by Kinglee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 pm

As much as y'all hate me I really love y'all. Reading the first 12 pages of this topic up until the coin toss or whatever the hell was going on has me crying right now. Y'all are absolutely hilarious. Anyone has a Video so I can see exactly what happened? This thread killed me.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 14,017
And1: 2,485
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#644 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Man, Steve Mills continues to be a New York Knicks four leaf clover! Fu#k you, Mills. Ya Dolan croney. This guy is the Littlefinger of MSG. Playing the fool, while reporting to the owner, monster.

The Knicks STILL have an incredible chance to land a top point guard like Dennis Smith, Frank Ntilikina, or the mad Monk.

Now, here's the question...do YOU package the other 2 picks in order to move up a slot or two?

Knicks won't sniff #1 pick unless they shoot the moon out. Knicks won't be able to trade their garbage for a top draft pick.

Considering Melo is about to lose HALF of his earnings in divorce, don't be surprised if he reconsiders and patches things up with Phil.
User avatar
Oscirus
Analyst
Posts: 3,145
And1: 1,338
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#645 » by Oscirus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm

The team that's owning the number one team in the east couldn't beat us. What the actual **** :nonono:
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Damas
Starter
Posts: 2,028
And1: 1,752
Joined: Feb 15, 2009
 

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#646 » by Damas » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Man, Steve Mills continues to be a New York Knicks four leaf clover! Fu#k you, Mills. Ya Dolan croney. This guy is the Littlefinger of MSG. Playing the fool, while reporting to the owner, monster.

The Knicks STILL have an incredible chance to land a top point guard like Dennis Smith, Frank Ntilikina, or the mad Monk.

Now, here's the question...do YOU package the other 2 picks in order to move up a slot or two?

Knicks won't sniff #1 pick unless they shoot the moon out. Knicks won't be able to trade their garbage for a top draft pick.

Considering Melo is about to lose HALF of his earnings in divorce, don't be surprised if he reconsiders and patches things up with Phil.


Patches thing up with Phil? Why should Melo patch things up with Jackson when he was the one who insulted Melo numerous times throughout the season. **** that. If Melo does this, he is a straight up bitch.
Jimmit79
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 150
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: RE: Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#647 » by Jimmit79 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Man, Steve Mills continues to be a New York Knicks four leaf clover! Fu#k you, Mills. Ya Dolan croney. This guy is the Littlefinger of MSG. Playing the fool, while reporting to the owner, monster.

The Knicks STILL have an incredible chance to land a top point guard like Dennis Smith, Frank Ntilikina, or the mad Monk.

Now, here's the question...do YOU package the other 2 picks in order to move up a slot or two?

Knicks won't sniff #1 pick unless they shoot the moon out. Knicks won't be able to trade their garbage for a top draft pick.

Considering Melo is about to lose HALF of his earnings in divorce, don't be surprised if he reconsiders and patches things up with Phil.

Phil has already said he wants a significant player in return for melo I don't think he accepts any trade without draft pick or willy level young player attached lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 14,017
And1: 2,485
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: RE: Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#648 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:[
Phil has already said he wants a significant player in return for melo I don't think he accepts any trade without draft pick or willy level young player attached lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


No way, the Knicks get any draft pick for Melo. Pretty much a couple of bad contracts. Thats it.
Jimmit79
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 150
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#649 » by Jimmit79 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:[
Phil has already said he wants a significant player in return for melo I don't think he accepts any trade without draft pick or willy level young player attached lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


No way, the Knicks get any draft pick for Melo. Pretty much a couple of bad contracts. Thats it.

If raps can get a draft pick for bargianni than melo should net you a draft pick also I would not dump him for sake of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 39,124
And1: 16,602
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: I don't really know
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#650 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yes I understand this, but at the same time...many great players get drafted in the 7-15 range also. And many busts end up in the 1-5 range.

Im just trying to be partially optimistic here. :cry:



Kawhi wasn't top 10


Outlier. Also, I always acknowledge you can get a very good, even great player from 8 on down. It's just the chances go way down. Also, lets factor in the random luck factor even after good scouting. Lets say every year, without fail, a Kawhi level player appears, let's say 10th, for arguments sake. That means a somewhat rotating cast of teams passes on that sort of player 9 times, yet it can't be that everyone of those scouting departments is lame. Ok, so a few obvious picks and drafting for need, but it still sort of indicates 4-5 teams not doing a very good job of scouting. Possible, just not preferable.

Hey, it's water under the bridge, the Knicks are picking 7th or 8th, might luck out with the lottery (doubtful - those odds again), but for a moment there there was a real shot at 4th. And face it, the real impact players tend to be in top 3, which 4th would have at least given the Knicks better odds plus a crack at the guy just out of the top 3.



I would like the board to observe what happens when I'm trying to be positive.
KNICKS REALGM BAT 17
Washington Bullets
C: Steven Adams/Roy Hibbert
PF: Ersan Ilyasova<->Ben Simmons/Dwight Powell
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Kyle Anderson
SG: Courtney Lee/Alec Burks/Jamal Murray
PG: Malcolm Brogdon/Seth Curry
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 20,850
And1: 3,833
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
 

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#651 » by Marty McFly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm

kawhi (15th) and paul george (10th) went late lottery and post lotto, but both guys had the kind of make up you want to find in a high upside wing with their measurables and athletic ability. most assuming that they great defensive potential. neither guy was a one and done either, so teams weren't as enamored with them as they probably should have been.

If there's a guy in this draft like that, it might be frank, coincidentally.
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 164
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#652 » by KnickLeDime » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:43 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
camillepd wrote:It doesn't really matter that much anyway, since Phil was always picking Frank.


Hard to doubt him after the KP pick, but I think they'll be better players on the board than Frank.


And Willy
Rotten Apple
Head Coach
Posts: 6,311
And1: 3,556
Joined: Jun 25, 2016

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#653 » by Rotten Apple » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:[
Phil has already said he wants a significant player in return for melo I don't think he accepts any trade without draft pick or willy level young player attached lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


No way, the Knicks get any draft pick for Melo. Pretty much a couple of bad contracts. Thats it.

If raps can get a draft pick for bargianni than melo should net you a draft pick also I would not dump him for sake of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


Facts now let's find the dumb team who traded for Bargs and fleece them.
User avatar
Oscirus
Analyst
Posts: 3,145
And1: 1,338
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#654 » by Oscirus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

y'all saw what Cousins in his prime drew. I don't see us getting what Phil wants for Melo. It might just be more cost effective to either keep or cut him.




Read on Twitter
The Bronx
Freshman
Posts: 61
And1: 35
Joined: Mar 27, 2017

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#655 » by The Bronx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
you sound like the bozo for telling a man who may not have a job next year to do anything other than play his best basketball.


If anything doesn't him making the shot show him to be incompetent in following the team plan.

Like the guy who is told to miss the free throw so that we can rebound and get a field goal

Or the dumb ass who takes a 2 Pt field goal when we're down by 3 with 1 second left :crazy:

Yea I'm sure the Spurs would love someone like that who executes like a champion

So BOZO you are very much


:noway:

That game was basically an audition for his next contract. You think if he misses the shot, he'll get a contract from another team for helping the Knicks tank? Come on, that just sounds dumb.

You're just asking someone to basically look bad in the best interests of a team that will probably not bring him back next year. And no other team offers a reward to a player who just tanks on behalf of the team. No one.


:offtopic: Let's just agree to disagree AND agree that the Knick management dropped the ball on tanking during the end of the season.

Just like that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking Jordan Hill :meditate:
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 87,128
And1: 13,511
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#656 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Oscirus wrote:y'all saw what Cousins in his prime drew. I don't see us getting what Phil wants for Melo. It might just be more cost effective to either keep or cut him.


On the one hand the Kings front office are run by an owner that can probably give James Dolan a run for "worst owner in sports" award and a noob POBO that have not shown any real ability to make good trades...

On the other hand the Knicks are owned by James Dolan and also has a noob POBO that has not shown any real ability to make good trades...

Yeah that's a tough one. :lol:
Legends Draft
C:Nate Thurmond/DeAndre Jordan
PF:Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
SF:Elgin Baylor/Paul Pressey/Cliff Hagan/Larry Kenon
SG:Dale Ellis/Hersey Hawkins/Jason Richardson
PG:Magic Johnson/Derrick Rose/Lenny Wilkens
User avatar
K-DOT
Starter
Posts: 2,309
And1: 1,387
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
     

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#657 » by K-DOT » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

The Bronx wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
If anything doesn't him making the shot show him to be incompetent in following the team plan.

Like the guy who is told to miss the free throw so that we can rebound and get a field goal

Or the dumb ass who takes a 2 Pt field goal when we're down by 3 with 1 second left :crazy:

Yea I'm sure the Spurs would love someone like that who executes like a champion

So BOZO you are very much


:noway:

That game was basically an audition for his next contract. You think if he misses the shot, he'll get a contract from another team for helping the Knicks tank? Come on, that just sounds dumb.

You're just asking someone to basically look bad in the best interests of a team that will probably not bring him back next year. And no other team offers a reward to a player who just tanks on behalf of the team. No one.


:offtopic: Let's just agree to disagree AND agree that the Knick management dropped the ball on tanking during the end of the season.

Just like that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking Jordan Hill :meditate:

Or that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking KP
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 11,713
And1: 5,324
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Melo And His Muleicorn

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#658 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Greenie wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Kawhi wasn't top 10


Outlier. Also, I always acknowledge you can get a very good, even great player from 8 on down. It's just the chances go way down. Also, lets factor in the random luck factor even after good scouting. Lets say every year, without fail, a Kawhi level player appears, let's say 10th, for arguments sake. That means a somewhat rotating cast of teams passes on that sort of player 9 times, yet it can't be that everyone of those scouting departments is lame. Ok, so a few obvious picks and drafting for need, but it still sort of indicates 4-5 teams not doing a very good job of scouting. Possible, just not preferable.

Hey, it's water under the bridge, the Knicks are picking 7th or 8th, might luck out with the lottery (doubtful - those odds again), but for a moment there there was a real shot at 4th. And face it, the real impact players tend to be in top 3, which 4th would have at least given the Knicks better odds plus a crack at the guy just out of the top 3.



I would like the board to observe what happens when I'm trying to be positive.


:D
Phil, Melo, Rose and Noah Suck
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,742
And1: 2,624
Joined: May 10, 2012

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#659 » by Wonderllama » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

First Tankathon sim I do after the coin flip, Wolves win #1. I can't do this anymore... !
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 10,118
And1: 3,607
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#660 » by Phish Tank » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm

The Bronx wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
If anything doesn't him making the shot show him to be incompetent in following the team plan.

Like the guy who is told to miss the free throw so that we can rebound and get a field goal

Or the dumb ass who takes a 2 Pt field goal when we're down by 3 with 1 second left :crazy:

Yea I'm sure the Spurs would love someone like that who executes like a champion

So BOZO you are very much


:noway:

That game was basically an audition for his next contract. You think if he misses the shot, he'll get a contract from another team for helping the Knicks tank? Come on, that just sounds dumb.

You're just asking someone to basically look bad in the best interests of a team that will probably not bring him back next year. And no other team offers a reward to a player who just tanks on behalf of the team. No one.


:offtopic: Let's just agree to disagree AND agree that the Knick management dropped the ball on tanking during the end of the season.

Just like that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking Jordan Hill :meditate:


The Hill situation was dumb.... we ended up trading for veterans and then playing them a ton of minutes (hi Larry Hughes, Al Harrington, Chris Wilcox). This year, we played like 6 rookies and gave most of them real minutes near the end.
I'm the artist formerly known as vdfebduderocks
Clyde Frazier: "But AC (Green) didn't believe in fornicating, Mike"
CMFGB

Return to New York Knicks