ImageImageImageImageImage

Yahoo (Woj/Marks): Front Office Insider Knicks/Nuggets Offseason Preview

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: Yahoo (Woj/Marks): Front Office Insider Knicks/Nuggets Offseason Preview 

Post#121 » by Sark » Tue May 9, 2017 8:01 pm

Actually the trade kicker is worth 15% of the remaining contract. So the longer he waits, the less money he gets. He has $54m left on his current deal. 15% of that is about $8m. That more than covers the $5m discount since 8 > 5.

Even if he were to stay another year and get traded before the final year, he would still get a $4m kicker (15% of $27m is $4m).
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#122 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 9, 2017 8:11 pm

That quote from D'Antoni speaks volumes about his actual coaching ability. Making people (especially a player of Melo's caliber at that time) adjust around Jeremy Lin is absurd and idiotic. Jeremy is a league average guard...
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#123 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue May 9, 2017 8:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Whatever it takes. Just get rid of him. If he becomes obstinate and refuses, then tell him he'll be coming of the bench next year whether he likes it or not.

Are u not concerned with all of the drama and distraction that could cause? I do not see Melo accepting that. Do u want KP and our rookie to have to deal with that stuff? I really hope this Melo situation gets resolved before the start of next season.
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM

Post#124 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue May 9, 2017 8:24 pm

D'antoni just didn't want Melo. Lin fit his system and he had that great Linsanity run. He didn't want his offense to be centered around Melo and his isolations. He wants the game to be fast paced, free flowing, and PnR heavy. U can't tell a player of Melo's caliber to take a backseat to Jeremy Lin tho, he was foolish to think he'd ever win that battle.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#125 » by Billy Goat » Tue May 9, 2017 8:26 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Whatever it takes. Just get rid of him. If he becomes obstinate and refuses, then tell him he'll be coming of the bench next year whether he likes it or not.

Are u not concerned with all of the drama and distraction that could cause? I do not see Melo accepting that. Do u want KP and our rookie to have to deal with that stuff? I really hope this Melo situation gets resolved before the start of next season.

Deal with what exactly?
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM

Post#126 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue May 9, 2017 8:32 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:

Deal with what exactly?

the drama and distractions...Melo won't just accept being forced to the bench, and there will be yet another season filled with Melo vs Phil
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#127 » by Billy Goat » Tue May 9, 2017 9:01 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Are u not concerned with all of the drama and distraction that could cause? I do not see Melo accepting that. Do u want KP and our rookie to have to deal with that stuff? I really hope this Melo situation gets resolved before the start of next season.

Deal with what exactly?

the drama and distractions...Melo won't just accept being forced to the bench, and there will be yet another season filled with Melo vs Phil

It's either go all in and do it all again next year with Melo commanding his usual 20 shots or just ripping the bandaid off and moving on.

Return to New York Knicks