ImageImageImageImageImage

They lurk: Real GMs patrol RealGM

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Re: They lurk: Real GMs patrol RealGM 

Post#21 » by N8isScofield » Tue May 9, 2017 7:22 pm

Vivek, I would make a really good son in law.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#22 » by moocow007 » Tue May 9, 2017 7:26 pm

Where do you guys think that the Knick board mods get their groupies from? The good ones...not the ones with the sideburns.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#23 » by Bill Pidto » Tue May 9, 2017 7:44 pm

The_Special_One wrote:Hey Dolan,

**** YOU!

You must have a drinking problem.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#24 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 9, 2017 7:46 pm

Phil get off the ganj and get on the phone!
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#25 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue May 9, 2017 7:46 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I've had to decline a job offer from Utah's front office actually, because it's ... Utah.

Hey now - aren't you a cyclist? I'd love to ride some of that terrain.

Give me Portland and I'll never leave.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#26 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 9, 2017 7:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Phil/Mills - trade Melo for junk a low first round pick

fixed

:D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 9, 2017 7:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Phil/Mills - trade Melo for junk and a low first round pick

fixed

:D
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,928

Post#28 » by knicks94 » Tue May 9, 2017 8:02 pm

If this were true Phil Jackson would have been hired Vin Baker to coach this team over Fisher and Hornacek.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#29 » by Capn'O » Tue May 9, 2017 8:03 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I've had to decline a job offer from Utah's front office actually, because it's ... Utah.

Hey now - aren't you a cyclist? I'd love to ride some of that terrain.

Give me Portland and I'll never leave.

Our dirty little secret is that there aren't really that many great cycling routes near Portland. Great bike routes in town but once you hit the hinterlands there's either no shoulder or too much traffic to make it enjoyable. I've actually done less biking for recreation out here than I did in Massachusetts. Go figure.

That's the backside of Mt. Hood - over 100 miles from town. Would love to do some touring out there and in Eastern Oregon.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#30 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 9, 2017 8:18 pm

Fury wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:PHIL.....YOU SUCK!

Not cool, man. I do the best I could

DO BETTER!
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#31 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 9, 2017 8:41 pm

god shammgod wrote:you're welcome

When are you going to give your first press conference?

'The Knicks are probably screwed no matter what they do. Anybody got questions?'
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#32 » by NY2TheBay » Tue May 9, 2017 8:41 pm

If they are smart they would come to the forum and take in some good insight, its here the issue is filtering through the drivel and agenda driven posts/posters.

You hang around here long enough, it begins to smell. Just like a guest at your house, after about three days, its time to go.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#33 » by gavran » Tue May 9, 2017 8:54 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:You can find Rambis lurking in the booty thread

He is the booty.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#34 » by Manhattan Project » Tue May 9, 2017 9:08 pm

Hawks actually gave fans discounts from this site.
If you know the right people you can get some interesting insight on some past scenarios, like what really went down with Williams and Sloan. Players have posted on this site plenty of times, Bosh made a youtube video and everything. The problem is like with everything on the internet, most are skeptical to believe anything because well... it's the internet. RealGM actually has a rich history, Though a lot will remember Westbrook clowning on Tjarks.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#35 » by duetta » Tue May 9, 2017 9:14 pm

Rumor has it that Isiah used to make his trades using the Real GM trade checker...
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#36 » by god shammgod » Tue May 9, 2017 9:45 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:you're welcome

When are you going to give your first press conference?

'The Knicks are probably screwed no matter what they do. Anybody got questions?'

it's like you're reading my mind
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#37 » by Kinglee » Tue May 9, 2017 11:07 pm

I don't know why it's a surprise that people use the Internet.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#38 » by br7knicks » Tue May 9, 2017 11:11 pm

saw this; don't believe it
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
BodyCount
Sixth Man
And1: 602

Post#39 » by BodyCount » Wed May 10, 2017 12:48 am

Ok, if anyone from Knicks office is here, here's what I hope you useless overpayed **** do, before I get cancer from this team:

-Trade Carmelo for a top 5 pick. Throw in any other garbage from this team if it needs to be done. Try a 3 team trade if you can't do it. Blow the second round picks as a bonus. Or combine it all together. If Melo is bitching about beeing traded tell him he'll not play a single minute until his contract is off the books. **** him and him hijacking the franchise. This is war!
-Trade everyone else on the team, that might be still here, for potential future first rounders, or second rounders, get out of them whatever you can, just dispose of them. Especially noah if you can. Trade him for freaking bag of peanuts if that's what it takes. Trade him and send them pure cash with that mother **** ffs!

Your goal is to clear every single person not called Porzingis and we're supposed to draft at least 2 rookies for this roster. Trading all this people (Anthony included) shouldn't really be a mission impossible to get 1 top 5 pick shouldn't it?! Call all the 29 teams multiple times! You can trade Lee, Noah, Thomas, Hernangomez, O'quinn and Anthony. Hernangomez, O'quinn and Anthony should get you a freaking top 5 pick.

Pack the mother **** together if you can't dispose some of them (koh koh, Thomas and his 7 mil/year dumb ass contract). Pack the picks you get for a potential top 5 pick. Don't trade any of our future first round picks!

Enter the agency with Porz and 2 rookies (they all start) and bunch of cap and sign 2 more ****. No 4 year deals to anyone over 28. No max contract offers to anyone that's not a legit 2 way superstar or a huge and indesputible future star like Antetokumpo. So basicly the only people you're offering max is anyone from Golden state if they potentially fall apart and don't win it all, give them no trade clause. No **** max to Millsap or Lowry or similiar. Enough of this throwing money around. No long term contracts for bench either. 1+1 team options is most you should give them.

If you can't get anyone worth anything fill the first squad with 2 guys in 10-20 mil range that are young and can be sold after the season is over for another pick and we tank the season and let the rookies develop. Some of those might be Oladipo or Noel.

Whatever you do, don't spend money and keep flexibility for the following years, unless someone is really great, has potential, 2 way or will keep or raise his value and can be traded easy for the picks if he doesn't work for us.

----------------
Also, you should have offered Anthony to the Cavs when they were doing a Wiggins trade for Love, his buddy Lebron would love it and we wouldn't be in this mess we're in now.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Post#40 » by JBreezeNY » Wed May 10, 2017 1:21 am

BodyCount wrote:Ok, if anyone from Knicks office is here, here's what I hope you useless overpayed **** do, before I get cancer from this team:

-Trade Carmelo for a top 5 pick. Throw in any other garbage from this team if it needs to be done. Try a 3 team trade if you can't do it. Blow the second round picks as a bonus. Or combine it all together. If Melo is bitching about beeing traded tell him he'll not play a single minute until his contract is off the books. **** him and him hijacking the franchise. This is war!
-Trade everyone else on the team, that might be still here, for potential future first rounders, or second rounders, get out of them whatever you can, just dispose of them. Especially noah if you can. Trade him for freaking bag of peanuts if that's what it takes. Trade him and send them pure cash with that mother **** ffs!

Your goal is to clear every single person not called Porzingis and we're supposed to draft at least 2 rookies for this roster. Trading all this people (Anthony included) shouldn't really be a mission impossible to get 1 top 5 pick shouldn't it?! Call all the 29 teams multiple times! You can trade Lee, Noah, Thomas, Hernangomez, O'quinn and Anthony. Hernangomez, O'quinn and Anthony should get you a freaking top 5 pick.

Pack the mother **** together if you can't dispose some of them (koh koh, Thomas and his 7 mil/year dumb ass contract). Pack the picks you get for a potential top 5 pick. Don't trade any of our future first round picks!

Enter the agency with Porz and 2 rookies (they all start) and bunch of cap and sign 2 more ****. No 4 year deals to anyone over 28. No max contract offers to anyone that's not a legit 2 way superstar or a huge and indesputible future star like Antetokumpo. So basicly the only people you're offering max is anyone from Golden state if they potentially fall apart and don't win it all, give them no trade clause. No **** max to Millsap or Lowry or similiar. Enough of this throwing money around. No long term contracts for bench either. 1+1 team options is most you should give them.

If you can't get anyone worth anything fill the first squad with 2 guys in 10-20 mil range that are young and can be sold after the season is over for another pick and we tank the season and let the rookies develop. Some of those might be Oladipo or Noel.

Whatever you do, don't spend money and keep flexibility for the following years, unless someone is really great, has potential, 2 way or will keep or raise his value and can be traded easy for the picks if he doesn't work for us.

----------------
Also, you should have offered Anthony to the Cavs when they were doing a Wiggins trade for Love, his buddy Lebron would love it and we wouldn't be in this mess we're in now.

And you think an actual GM who gets paid for this and takes his job seriously is gonna take this serious?

The fact you forget Melo has a NTC & dictates where he goes just makes this laughable.

Return to New York Knicks