ImageImageImageImageImage

Louis Labeyrie

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Re: Louis Labeyrie 

Post#41 » by Cookies4Life » Sun May 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Glad to hear he had a good season overseas. He doesn't seem like he has a true position on the court (looks more like a 3/4 hybrid,) but I was impressed with his motor during the SL. He didn't look like he was too skilled at anything though. He was a late 2nd rounder anyway, so if he did improve exponentially this past season, maybe he has a chance to make the squad next year?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 14, 2017 11:14 pm

If this guy could grow some dreads and smoke up some dope, he could be the Knicks next Balkman
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#43 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:30 am

http://nypost.com/2017/06/25/knicks-other-french-draft-pick-could-stick-around-this-time/
More French dressing, please?

The Knicks will have a second French draft pick on their summer-league team in Orlando, The Post has learned.

Louis Labeyrie, the 6-foot-10 power forward whom the Knicks drafted in 2014 as a stash pick, paying Indiana $1.5 million for the 57th pick in the draft, has agreed to play in the summer league.

Labeyrie, who played for Paris Levallois this past season, will be on the squad for the third straight July, trying to make an impression at age 25. In his sixth season in the French League, Labeyrie averaged 9.9 points, 8.6 rebounds, shot 59 percent but does not have 3-point range.

Team president Phil Jackson wants to be in a full rebuild and try to develop “our kids.’’ Perhaps Labeyrie has a better chance of getting a training camp invitation this time so he can speak French in the locker room with newly minted lottery pick, point guard Frank Ntililkina from the French League. Actually the Knicks do have one player who speaks French, Mo Ndour of Senegal.

The summer-league team, which has its first practice in Orlando on Wednesday, is taking shape with draft picks Ntilikina, Labeyrie and 2017 second-rounders, Damyean Dotson, a senior shooting guard out of Houston and Serbian point guard Ognjen Jaramaz.

In addition, the Knicks signed to partial guarantees undrafted rookie free agent Luke Kornet, a 7-foot-1 senior center from Vanderbilt, Wisconsin senior power forward Nigel Hayes and Pitt senior small forward Jamel Artis. They have invited Rick Barry’s son, 6-foot-6 point guard Canyon Barry of Florida to the summer league team, but he will have to excel to get a training-camp invite. That makes five college seniors on the roster — a clear preference for Jackson and Jeff Hornacek.

Combo guard Ron Baker, an undrafted free-agent signing last summer who had a surprisingly solid rookie year, told The Post he was leaning against playing summer league because he’s a restricted free agent. The opening game is Saturday.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#44 » by symbiotic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am

Will be forgotten as fast as Christian Wood of UNLV
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#45 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:38 am

thats bad news if this dude was doing good in the french league and frank wasnt doing anything special.
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#46 » by eagle54 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:46 am

Bad news ? Labeyrie was really good for 2 years now not at this first year... Frank plays one year at 18 , labeyrie 5 seasons at 25... And he never play a french finale at the opposite of frank who was the better player of his team in G5. So you already think it's a bad news ? :)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#47 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 am

Loose lips sink ships
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#48 » by reub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Labeyrie had a terrific season last year in Europe where he won awards. He might be ready.
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#49 » by eagle54 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Do You know the irony ? Before accept the knick's invitation, he reached an agreement for next season with... the SIG :lol:
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#50 » by movingon » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 pm

I watched a few Paris-Levallois games here in Paris last year. He looked like nothing more than a hustle player, he wasn't even featured in the offense. I'm surprised to hear he made strides this year. Guess I'll have to check on him next year. I'm still not expecting him to ever make the jump.

Even though he's also a project, Frank Ntilikina is a totally different story. He projects to be a legit NBA player. How good we'll have to see.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#51 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm

symbiotic wrote:Will be forgotten as fast as Christian Wood of UNLV

Who in theory idkwtf he didn't turn out good in the nba. I typically go nuts for players like that. Doesnt always work out though
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#52 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:10 pm

symbiotic wrote:Will be forgotten as fast as Christian Wood of UNLV

Christian Wood

Is that the name of a religious heavy metal band?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#53 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:thats bad news if this dude was doing good in the french league and frank wasnt doing anything special.

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it. Again, frank is 18 and plays the position that is supposed to be most unselfish in French ball. Also some players are more cut out for nba than others.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#54 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Make or break time for labyrinth.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#55 » by Polk377 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:24 pm

movingon wrote:I watched a few Paris-Levallois games here in Paris last year. He looked like nothing more than a hustle player, he wasn't even featured in the offense. I'm surprised to hear he made strides this year. Guess I'll have to check on him next year. I'm still not expecting him to ever make the jump.

Even though he's also a project, Frank Ntilikina is a totally different story. He projects to be a legit NBA player. How good we'll have to see.

I watched a couple of games from this season and you are right he is a hustle role player who is not featured at all on offense. He kind of reminds me of a skinnier Robin Lopez. Pretty good defender. He plays the pick and roll nicely and moves his feet well to stay with guards. He is also a good rim protector that will alter shots. Louis gets in good position to rebound the ball and makes sure to boxout every time but doesn't have quick reflexes. Didn't really see any offensive game because he wasn't asked to contribute on that end but did a nice job on putbacks and is a good passer for a big. He could probably stick as an end of the bench hustle big.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#56 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Polk377 wrote:
movingon wrote:I watched a few Paris-Levallois games here in Paris last year. He looked like nothing more than a hustle player, he wasn't even featured in the offense. I'm surprised to hear he made strides this year. Guess I'll have to check on him next year. I'm still not expecting him to ever make the jump.

I watched a couple of games from this season and you are right he is a hustle role player who is not featured at all on offense. He kind of reminds me of a skinnier Robin Lopez. Pretty good defender. He plays the pick and roll nicely and moves his feet well to stay with guards. He is also a good rim protector that will alter shots. Louis gets in good position to rebound the ball and makes sure to boxout every time but doesn't have quick reflexes. Didn't really see any offensive game because he wasn't asked to contribute on that end but did a nice job on putbacks and is a good passer for a big. He could probably stick as an end of the bench hustle big.

Ndour better drink his Ensure
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#57 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

I bet he makes the 17 man roster as a guy to raise the comfort level for Frank N.

See Sasha V, WHG.

Plumlord or En'Dour gets bounced
Polk377
General Manager

Post#58 » by Polk377 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:42 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

I would probably still take Ndour over Louis since he offers more on offense and is more athletic.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#59 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Polk377 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

I would probably still take Ndour over Louis since he offers more on offense and is more athletic.

I think this guy replaces Plumlee. Knicks have a zillion centers anyway
Polk377
General Manager

Post#60 » by Polk377 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

I think this guy replaces Plumlee. Knicks have a zillion centers anyway

I don't see him coming over this year and like eagle54 said Louis already has an agreement with Frank's old team Strasbourg next season.

Return to New York Knicks