ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft thread #14 AKA Wings Edition AKA 1300 pages and 26000 posts deep. Dayum...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who Should We Pick

Frank
17%
Isaac
8%
DSJ
37%
Monk
10%
Miles Bridges (wtf?)
2%
Not Frank
2%
Somebody Else
2%
BPA
8%
Just Pick a Guard
4%
STFU CapnO!
9%

Total votes: 161

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Re: Draft thread #14 AKA Wings Edition AKA 1300 pages and 26000 posts deep. Dayum... 

Post#101 » by koogiking » Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 am

Take Jackson and run if he drops. And laugh at the 7 other suckers that passed on him. He's going to be the best player in this draft
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Re: Draft thread #14 AKA Wings Edition AKA 1300 pages and 26000 posts deep. Dayum... 

Post#102 » by JBreezeNY » Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 am

Why y'all dragging this Josh kid through the mud, he made some mistakes, don't seem like he a bad kid. This is why so many of the youth are in a fu*ked up state cuz nobody has the balls to deal with someone who has problems, rather just murmur, talk sh*t & avoid at all costs.

I hope he finds an OG to guide him.
vincccent
Junior
And1: 188

Post#103 » by vincccent » Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 am

Just give me the BPA, if it's Josh Jackson so we roll with it. We just need talent with a high ceiling, so we have to take risks!
German Knicks lover.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#104 » by Worst_to_First » Tue May 23, 2017 9:44 am

JJ will be our new Spree. At the very least I hope these issues will make the Sixers more receptive to a trade if we draft Monk at 8.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#105 » by King of Canada » Tue May 23, 2017 11:05 am

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Re: Draft thread #14 AKA 1300 pages and 26000 posts deep. Dayum... 

Post#106 » by FutureKnicksGM » Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Let the Frank/ wingspan Saltiness Continue. :lol:

lol. What's your board. Where do you have the next Giannis at?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,692

Post#107 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 am

That incident sounds like a young kid who just lost his cool with some alcohol involved. It seems like he was very sincere with his apology based on a little more research I did. Taking things at face value all he really did was kick a car when he was frustrated with a woman who threw a drink at him. We've probably all have done something similar under distress before. Obviously teams should do their homework but this isn't something that should drop his stock at all.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#108 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:28 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:KP has a special skill set that could fit with anyone in the top 10 except Lauri.

But the guy who's going to be in our draft range that would give the pairing the most upside next to KP is Isaac at the 4 IMO. He can guard out on the perimeter but defend the rim to catch KP's back. We could potentially have a 5 out starting 5 which if we adopted a more modern approach.

I'll take whomever we get and support him. There are guys who will be probably be better individual talents in that range. But if you're building a team around KP, Isaac might be at the top of the list.

I'm warming to him a bit but that's mostly because analysts that I think are smarter than me are really into his projections rather than watching literally any game footage. I've only really watched the guards.

Isaac kind of puts the kibosh on one of WHG or KP though. Drafting him would require some gymnastics with them and then I'd lose my bet with Greenie. But, in any event, yes he should be a 4.

And where does everyone see KP's long term position to be? I don't think he can hang at the 5 for the long haul. A stretch 4 perhaps. If so, where does that leave Issac? That's my few cons with Issac. We have WHG and KP for the long haul. It's time to get perimeter defenders, athletic wings, playmakers and legit scorers. Why waste a year where we have an abundance of good to decent big men.

Why can't we have all 3? WHG can be the first big off the bench who gets 24-28 mpg as he can play C next to KP or Isaac. This is you want to build an elite defense.

KP is one of the best rim protectors in the game. He's Gobert level. The best way to maximize that is with him playing the 5. Do we really want to see more stretch 4's light him up from deep as he sinks into the paint to try and protect the rim?

Isaac on the other hand can defend out on the perimeter well while also being a solid weak side defender.

Nobody wants guards more than me. I'd be ecstatic with Monk or DSJ. But I could understand why we go this route. How many 4's can defend the rim and defend out on the perimeter?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,028

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 23, 2017 11:33 am

El Poochio wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
You are setting yourself up for disappointment, this is your last warning

fuq frank

This is like Sixers getting hyped about picking Ball

u saying smith is gonna be picked at #7?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#110 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Yall dudes is bugging JJ is not slipping to 8 over something this small. **** happens, He did not beat any one up or Kill them. Your favorite players did worse and you prob don't even know. You will be surprised how much **** get covered up in college. Sun will be ight. Once incident like this and he needs to go to a small market team. What does that change.nothing. Dude is being called crazy over this? SMH. This proves there is alot of spooky cats behind these posts.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,434

Post#111 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Yall dudes is bugging JJ is not slipping to 8 over something this small. **** happens, He did not beat any one up or Kill them. Your favorite players did worse and you prob don't even know. You will be surprised how much **** get covered up in college. Sun will be ight. Once incident like this and he needs to go to a small market team. smh

Then he won't drop to us anyhow if that's the prevailing thought. Though it seems to be a concern for the sixers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#112 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Why doesn't Zach Collins ever get put into the poll?

As great a fit as he'd be next to KP, there's basically no chance we draft him.

You think there is a chance Thibs selects him over Isaac?

Yah, I do. He's a perfect fit there also.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#113 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Yall dudes is bugging JJ is not slipping to 8 over something this small. **** happens, He did not beat any one up or Kill them. Your favorite players did worse and you prob don't even know. You will be surprised how much **** get covered up in college. Sun will be ight. Once incident like this and he needs to go to a small market team. smh

Then he won't drop to us anyhow if that's the prevailing thought. Though it seems to be a concern for the sixers

Thats just mumbo Jumbo Wingo to me. Cause they also said they would do diligence on every player. You a lawyer, You know all this is court mandated stuff. the report It makes it look like he spiraling out of control, but incidents like this usually always get some kind of court mandation. Its like people who don't usually drive drunk and the one time they do, and get caught they are being sent to some kind of court issued program. I say this is good, cause those little couple of weeks will be good for him. JJ gets in front of the sixers or any team, and shows that it was a one time thing, and they still pick him. Another point is even if they pass on him, there is no proof that he 100% was their guy report or not. All these mocks websites, all these posts that are posted here, are peopled BELIEFS on what will happen in the Draft.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#114 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm

So you think it's all a smokescreen and the Sixers will select him? Ok. Like I said earlier, he was my pick if we won the Lottery. The beauty of this debate is that we'll find out exactly how much it plays a role on draft night. It's only 30 days away.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#115 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:So you think it's all a smokescreen and the Sixers will select him? Ok. Like I said earlier, he was my pick if we won the Lottery. The beauty of this debate is that we'll find out exactly how much it plays a role on draft night. It's only 30 days away.

I could see the Sixers trying to scare the Lakers out of taking him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Draft thread #14 AKA Wings Edition AKA 1300 pages and 26000 posts deep. Dayum... 

Post#116 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So you think it's all a smokescreen and the Sixers will select him? Ok. Like I said earlier, he was my pick if we won the Lottery. The beauty of this debate is that we'll find out exactly how much it plays a role on draft night. It's only 30 days away.

I thought they were set at SF with that Ingram and that's why they were taking Ball (amongst other reasons).

Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#117 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Thing is from our perspective if you're one of the people who wants a guard like DSJ or Fox you want Jackson to fall because that makes Tatum fall and may force Sacramentos hand to take Tatum at 5 assuming Philly takes Monk instead. That would pretty much lock up one of DSJ or Fox for us.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#118 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I thought they were set at SF with that Ingram and that's why they were taking Ball (amongst other reasons).

They could get cold feet on ball because of Lavar. Also JJ is a better prospect than Ingram and is versatile enough to play 2-4 and is better defensively at this moment than Ball for a team who is desperate for good players on that end Jackson makes a lot of sense for them next to Russell
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,567

Post#119 » by Buttah304 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:37 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I'm warming to him a bit but that's mostly because analysts that I think are smarter than me are really into his projections rather than watching literally any game footage. I've only really watched the guards.

Isaac kind of puts the kibosh on one of WHG or KP though. Drafting him would require some gymnastics with them and then I'd lose my bet with Greenie. But, in any event, yes he should be a 4.

And where does everyone see KP's long term position to be? I don't think he can hang at the 5 for the long haul. A stretch 4 perhaps. If so, where does that leave Issac? That's my few cons with Issac. We have WHG and KP for the long haul. It's time to get perimeter defenders, athletic wings, playmakers and legit scorers. Why waste a year where we have an abundance of good to decent big men.

Why can't we have all 3? WHG can be the first big off the bench who gets 24-28 mpg as he can play C next to KP or Isaac. This is you want to build an elite defense.

KP is one of the best rim protectors in the game. He's Gobert level. The best way to maximize that is with him playing the 5. Do we really want to see more stretch 4's light him up from deep as he sinks into the paint to try and protect the rim?

Isaac on the other hand can defend out on the perimeter well while also being a solid weak side defender.

Nobody wants guards more than me. I'd be ecstatic with Monk or DSJ. But I could understand why we go this route. How many 4's can defend the rim and defend out on the perimeter?

Don't get me wrong - the idea of pairing KP and Isaac is incredibly intriguing. Two 7 Footers who can pick and pop, draw bigs outside the paint, stretch the floor by hitting 3s all the while being able to contest shots with there long arms sounds lovely.

But what about a low post presence? I know this new age of Basketball is all about pace and space but Willy (as a rookie) has already shown how crafty he is down low. The guy can finish with both hands and has an array of post moves. You have to admit that his up and under as a rookie is a thing of beauty.

Furthermore, take into account the fact that Willy has shown the ability to step out and hit a 15 footer and at times the occasional three. Something that he will continue to work on.

While most of us are tired of having the Triangle crammed down our throats the reality is that it's here and we are 100% committing to run it next year. I can't help but think that having a reliable low post threat who can pass out of the Triangle is so crucial.

I just don't know how I would feel about drafting Isaac next to KP and then trading Willy for a pick.

The one thing that would drive me over the edge would be to have KP, Willy, Isaac, Oquinn and Noah with absolutely no guards to speak of that are 18-19 years old.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#120 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 pm

I'd be much more intrigued with pairing KP with Collins rather than Isaac.

Return to New York Knicks