ImageImageImageImageImage

official Melo trade speculation - thread 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Re: official Melo trade speculation - thread 2 

Post#941 » by Jay10 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:56 am

sushibear wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
ctorres wrote:So the Cavs may potentially have Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, Paul George, Lebron James, and Carmelo Anthony?

and it can actually be a starting lineup

Kyrie = Point Guard
Wade - Shooting Guard
PG = Small Forward
Carmelo = Power Forward
Lebron = Center

:lol:

Wade and melo isn't the same. Kyrie is a liability on defense. PG and lebron looks good on paper but they both play the same position. That's still easy work for the dubs.

They will have plenty of practice against the teams in the East.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#942 » by Carl_Karlson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 am

So Wiretap is reporting there's a 3 team deal in the works, to move Love and PG as the main pieces. We have to try to get into that.

And, obviously, we can't buyout Melo. We can, but if we do, he'll go to Cleveland and we get nothing. Our best bet is to try to get in that three team trade offering Lee, KOQ, Kuz, sign and trade Rose and/or Holiday, second rounders, money, a night with Phil and/or Dolan, whatever it takes short of KP, Willy, Frank or any firsts. It's probably not possible but we have to try
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Post#943 » by Capn'O » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 am

My God. This new rumor. The Celtics screwed this up so bad it's starting to affect us. Friggin' Ainge. Kinda dude that wouldn't even raise pocket aces.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#944 » by sushibear » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 am

Jay10 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
and it can actually be a starting lineup

Kyrie = Point Guard
Wade - Shooting Guard
PG = Small Forward
Carmelo = Power Forward
Lebron = Center

:lol:

Wade and melo isn't the same. Kyrie is a liability on defense. PG and lebron looks good on paper but they both play the same position. That's still easy work for the dubs.

They will have plenty of practice against the teams in the East.

Also depends who they have on bench. I also know for a fact that melo wouldn't be able to gaurd anyone on that warriors team. Actually melo can't gaurd anyone anymore. Same goes for wade. Father time did them dirty.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,224

Post#945 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 am

Savageknick2190 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
Grow Up

Carmelo is grown. Grown enough to negotiate a no trade clause so that he could stay and raise his children in the city he prefers / loves. He has the right to never waive that clause because Phil Jackson gave it to him. If you want to blame anyone blame Phil. If the team wants to bench him fine very unlikely but they would only be hurting themselves. Not only is he the best player by far even at his advanced age and declining skill but he is also the Players Union Vice President. If you treat one of the heads of their union in any type of unfair manner there will be repercussions for the franchise getting free agents.

Smart enough to lock himself into a rebuild? That makes no sense. If he wants to win he needs to leave. If not...Oh well. Take your 25-28 minutes a night and opt out next year. No reason for the Knicks to pay him to leave. They paid him more than enough since he's been here and a pretty good haul to get him here. HE forced the trade. Now he wants to force a buyout? Selfish much?

Melo isnt forcing the Knicks to do anything. He will play to the terms of the contract that he signed. If the Knicks want to play him five minutes per games or bench him that is up to them. He has forced them to do nothing. They know what their options are. Find somewhere he wants to go or buy him out. Very simple.

People need to realize a few things. Melo claims he wants to win. He can't do that here. Not in the next few years. There is no reason to be here. I would not mind if he stayed and accepted a lesser role. I just don't see the logic. So acting like he wants to stay and meaning it are two different things. It's called posturing. Does he really want to stay and play the triangle for the remainder of his contract? On a lottery team? Losing another year or two of his career? Risking injury. Not a good career move if he wants a ring.

The Knicks have no reason to buy him out. Just play him less minutes and focus on the other players. Years end he opts out. Good luck getting cap space in Cleveland to add him. Will PG-13 wait or go home to LA? That's not the Knicks problem. No way I would buy him out and hand him to LeBron for free. **** THAT 3
:beer: RIP mags
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#946 » by Adelheid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 am

Looks like a new 3-way deal is in the works and the knicks are not included. yawn
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#947 » by Sark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 am

Damn Lala went to the BET awards with Derek Fisher...
:o
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#948 » by FutureKnicksGM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 am

Sark wrote:Image

The **** you doing Fish?
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#949 » by Knox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:15 am

FutureKnicksGM wrote:

The **** you doing Fish?

Derek Fisher be Like lol...... Maybe his advances on her was why he was mysteriously fired

Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#950 » by Sark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 am

I just hope the people that defended him being with Barnes' wife will defend this too. Don't be a hypocrit.
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#951 » by Knox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:33 am

Sark wrote:I just hope the people that defended him being Barnes' wife will defend this too. Don't be a hypocrit.

I thought Barnes was just being a hater because he couldn't let go.... If she is really going out with Fisher as in a date and all that. Makes me wonder if he has been scheming on Melo and Barnes. Then I can truly understand his Rage
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#952 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:23 am

wtf.. no way
Savageknick2190
Senior
And1: 138

Post#953 » by Savageknick2190 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Savageknick2190 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Smart enough to lock himself into a rebuild? That makes no sense. If he wants to win he needs to leave. If not...Oh well. Take your 25-28 minutes a night and opt out next year. No reason for the Knicks to pay him to leave. They paid him more than enough since he's been here and a pretty good haul to get him here. HE forced the trade. Now he wants to force a buyout? Selfish much?

Melo isnt forcing the Knicks to do anything. He will play to the terms of the contract that he signed. If the Knicks want to play him five minutes per games or bench him that is up to them. He has forced them to do nothing. They know what their options are. Find somewhere he wants to go or buy him out. Very simple.

People need to realize a few things. Melo claims he wants to win. He can't do that here. Not in the next few years. There is no reason to be here. I would not mind if he stayed and accepted a lesser role. I just don't see the logic. So acting like he wants to stay and meaning it are two different things. It's called posturing. Does he really want to stay and play the triangle for the remainder of his contract? On a lottery team? Losing another year or two of his career? Risking injury. Not a good career move if he wants a ring.

The Knicks have no reason to buy him out. Just play him less minutes and focus on the other players. Years end he opts out. Good luck getting cap space in Cleveland to add him. Will PG-13 wait or go home to LA? That's not the Knicks problem. No way I would buy him out and hand him to LeBron for free. **** THAT 3

Understand this first and foremost Melo wants to win here. Winning anywhere else is secondary. He is fine accepting a lesser role. As far as staying on a year or two on a lottery team and you not believing he would do it. Where you been? He has been here the last couple of years and the Knicks have been in the lottery. It would be nothing new for him and not an issue. He would love a better situation but he loves living in the city more.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#954 » by camillepd » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 am

The Knicks will not buy our Melo under any circumstances. Melo will either accept a trade the Cavs or come back next year to Knicks in a lesser role. It's up to Melo on what he wants to do but Knicks will not buy him out.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#955 » by duetta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:40 pm

If we gotta pay him, there's no point in letting him walk.

Just read him the riot act, tell him what you expect of him, and if he doesn't live up to expectations, sit him.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#956 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Carl_Karlson wrote:So Wiretap is reporting there's a 3 team deal in the works, to move Love and PG as the main pieces. We have to try to get into that.

And, obviously, we can't buyout Melo. We can, but if we do, he'll go to Cleveland and we get nothing. Our best bet is to try to get in that three team trade offering Lee, KOQ, Kuz, sign and trade Rose and/or Holiday, second rounders, money, a night with Phil and/or Dolan, whatever it takes short of KP, Willy, Frank or any firsts. It's probably not possible but we have to try

You need to accept that the Knicks are getting nothing for Melo, they'll be no trade. He's getting a buyout if Phil wants him off the team, which he does.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#957 » by duetta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I mean, it's not as if he has no value around the league. He does. It's the no trade clause. I'd be dammed if I reward his refusal to waive his no trade clause and then let him leave anyway.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#958 » by duetta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:You need to accept that the Knicks are getting nothing for Melo, they'll be no trade. He's getting a buyout if Phil wants him off the team, which he does.

If Phil agrees to this, he'll deserve to be fired on the spot. We're still paying for his mistake with Fisher.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#959 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

duetta wrote:I mean, it's not as if he has no value around the league. He does. It's the no trade clause. I'd be dammed if I reward his refusal to waive his no trade clause and then let him leave anyway.

Do you want the distraction to the young players of him sulking on the bench and in the locker room?
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#960 » by duetta » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
duetta wrote:I mean, it's not as if he has no value around the league. He does. It's the no trade clause. I'd be dammed if I reward his refusal to waive his no trade clause and then let him leave anyway.

Do you want the distraction to the young players of him sulking on the bench and in the locker room?

Anthony is not the selfish oaf he's made out to be. Rose is that kind of oaf - and this idiot is apparently talking about resigning him.

Anthony merely needs to be treated like every other player.

Return to New York Knicks