ImageImageImageImageImage

Build it and they will come

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,336

Re: Build it and they will come 

Post#61 » by rajajackal » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Greenie wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Lies.

71% SAID NO

...i said they said no, but not on a basis of individual player value. lots of the no's i saw read something like 'neither team should do it because of where they're at'/'i don't want to mess with the fabric of this dynasty'

Look at the votes.

People also said that KP didn't fit, his P&R D was suspect, he wasn't taking Draymond's position and was too fragile to play center.

I could go on.

If KP is better than Klay RIGHT NOW it wouldn't matter where you are. KP is 21, 7'3'' AND better than Klay Thompson RIGHT NOW? You would be an idiot to turn that down.

KP isn't better than Klay. Period.

oh, i don't agree that KP is better than klay right now. that's silly. a fair number of teams would probably trade klay for KP based on his greater potential, but the warriors juggernaut has no reason to trade a top guard in his prime for a developing player

edit: it's worth noting that barring major injury, KP's trajectory is to impact a team more significantly than klay thompson impacts his. he's the most disposable player on that death squad, not to diminish his excellent skillset
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#62 » by Synciere » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:
br7knicks wrote:If I was a warriors fan I wouldn't **** trade klay for kp either. Why fix what''s not broken? Would still pick kp to start a franchise over klay tho, easily. And I'm not a kp fan

If I was the Warriors I would. Cheaper contract.... Younger asset... Just as valuable... A big who can shoot from anywhere.... Not sure how KP's value isn't on par with Klay.

Because he's not as good as Klay.

Meh... He's better than Klay was in his Year 2. His ceiling is higher. And their PERs were virtually identical last year. (17.49:17.53)
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#63 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 pm

rajajackal wrote:
Greenie wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
...i said they said no, but not on a basis of individual player value. lots of the no's i saw read something like 'neither team should do it because of where they're at'/'i don't want to mess with the fabric of this dynasty'

Look at the votes.

People also said that KP didn't fit, his P&R D was suspect, he wasn't taking Draymond's position and was too fragile to play center.

I could go on.

If KP is better than Klay RIGHT NOW it wouldn't matter where you are. KP is 21, 7'3'' AND better than Klay Thompson RIGHT NOW? You would be an idiot to turn that down.

KP isn't better than Klay. Period.

oh, i don't agree that KP is better than klay right now. that's silly. a fair number of teams would probably trade klay for KP based on his greater potential, but the warriors juggernaut has no reason to trade a top guard in his prime for a developing player

edit: it's worth noting that barring major injury, KP's trajectory is to impact a team more significantly than klay thompson impacts his. he's the most disposable player on that death squad, not to diminish his excellent skillset

Agreed. This conversation is stemming from posters calling KP a better player right now, today.

As far as who to build around? I said a few posts back I would take KP due to age only.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#64 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:
If I was the Warriors I would. Cheaper contract.... Younger asset... Just as valuable... A big who can shoot from anywhere.... Not sure how KP's value isn't on par with Klay.

Meh... He's better than Klay was in his Year 2. His ceiling is higher. And their PERs were virtually identical last year. (17.49:17.53)

Irrelevant.

Is KP better than Klay Thompson right now? I don't care about PER's.

Building a team to win right now. Who's better?
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#65 » by Synciere » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant at all lol... I think building a team to win next year, probably Klay. Building a team to win over the next decade? KP in a landslide. Trades aren't made for just right now though. I say that also believing that KP might be better than Klay as soon as next year, hence the PER.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#66 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant at all lol... I think building a team to win next year, probably Klay. Building a team to win over the next decade? KP in a landslide. Trades aren't made for just right now though. I say that also believing that KP might be better than Klay as soon as next year, hence the PER.

it is relevant because this is the main topic
who's the better player right now

it was never about the future
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#67 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

KP >>>>> Klay, Melo, and Jason Tatum combined.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#68 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Irrelevant.

Thank you
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#69 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
br7knicks wrote::roll:
Greenie wrote:How old us Klay? 26, 27?
Might take too long to get pieces.

We need at least 3 and probably 4 years to build up the roster. Klay would be in his 30's by then.

Now, if Klay was KP's age I would take him over KP easily.

I believe he''s around that age. I think those 2 would actually complement one another well, as klay needs other players to take all of the focus to be effective.

If same age, I'd still take kp. Only reason I wouldn't is because klay doesn't openly bitch, like a baby, about an organization after only 2 years in the league, and he's less prone to injuries.

I'm not going to get into behavior and I'm going to keep it skill related.

Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters this league has ever seen. He also plays both sides of the ball and is easy to fit into team builds.

You're right in that he's one of the best shooters to ever play. And he plays both sides of the floor, consistently none the less. I like that.

But if it's just skill, then I'd have to take KP. Klay is like ray allen. Great shooter, but he needs others around in order to win.

That said, I'm not sold on KP leading a franchise either, as Melo takes all the attention, like how Klay does not garner the other team's best defenders either.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Greenie
RealGM

Post#70 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Irrelevant.

Yes it is when we are simply talking about who's better right now.

PER is used when you don't watch the games and are trying to project. That's best used when looking for end of the bench sleepers.

Both KP and Klay are staters and have plenty of actual time on court to say who's the better player right now, today.

This is not a future type question. That's a different conversation.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#71 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:21 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Greenie wrote:
br7knicks wrote::roll:

I believe he''s around that age. I think those 2 would actually complement one another well, as klay needs other players to take all of the focus to be effective.

If same age, I'd still take kp. Only reason I wouldn't is because klay doesn't openly bitch, like a baby, about an organization after only 2 years in the league, and he's less prone to injuries.

I'm not going to get into behavior and I'm going to keep it skill related.

Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters this league has ever seen. He also plays both sides of the ball and is easy to fit into team builds.

You're right in that he's one of the best shooters to ever play. And he plays both sides of the floor, consistently none the less. I like that.

But if it's just skill, then I'd have to take KP. Klay is like ray allen. Great shooter, but he needs others around in order to win.

That said, I'm not sold on KP leading a franchise either, as Melo takes all the attention, like how Klay does not garner the other team's best defenders either.

That's fair.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#72 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

This thread was all about building a franchise. Not who's better now.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#73 » by Marty McFly » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:23 pm

both draymond and billy went 35. i don't know that billy's going to have that kind of an impact considering dray's a perennial dpoy candidate and is incredibly skilled, but perhaps being under Marc, bully might learn a thing or two. i think it goes without saying that we need to nail our next two drafts.

I think Ball or Fox could have been tremendous perhaps even accelerated the development of our bigs. it is what it is. maybe doncic might be that guy.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#74 » by Bill Pidto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:32 pm

br7knicks wrote:This thread was all about building a franchise. Not who's better now.

Nah dude, this thread is totally about who is the better player RIGHT NOW, Porzingis or Klay. That's what is important, and we should discuss and argue over it until the cows come home. You know why? Because KP makes me feel really insecure for some reason, and it makes me feel smarter and better about myself when I come in random threads and rank him below other random NBA players.

So let's continue on, cause I'm really gettin my rocks off with this one. Who do YOU think is better right now at this moment? And don't you dare say KP...
Greenie
RealGM

Post#75 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:34 pm

br7knicks wrote:This thread was all about building a franchise. Not who's better now.

Until someone called KP better than Klay right now.

It's on the first page by Mags :beer:
Greenie
RealGM

Post#76 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:

Nah dude, this thread is totally about who is the better player RIGHT NOW, Porzingis or Klay. That's what is important, and we should discuss and argue over it until the cows come home. You know why? Because KP makes me feel really insecure for some reason, and it makes me feel smarter and better about myself when I come in random threads and rank him below other random NBA players.

So let's continue on, cause I'm really gettin my rocks off with this one. Who do YOU think is better right now at this moment? And don't you dare say KP...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1575104
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#77 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Irrelevant.

KOQ has a better PER than both. So it's clear we should build around him :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Greenie
RealGM

Post#78 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Irrelevant.

All this time we had the answer right in front of us. :noway:

:lol:
On a real note though, that's why I don't really care about stats. They can't beat what your eyes actually see.
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Synciere » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Irrelevant.

How is last year's PER not relevant then? It's a measure of a player's effectiveness, and again, they were virtually identical. By next year it could be clearly in favor of KP. My point then is that I think KP might be the better player right now.
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#80 » by Synciere » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:45 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Irrelevant.

Come on that's just taking everything out of context.

Return to New York Knicks