ImageImageImageImageImage

UDFA's - Who do you want?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Re: UDFA's - Who do you want? 

Post#41 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Motley has no idea how to play basketball. Saw a lot of him last year and hes not NBA player imo.

I would love oliver and de paula
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#42 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm

CoolKids wrote:Motley has no idea how to play basketball. Saw a lot of him last year and hes not NBA player imo.

I would love oliver and de paula

Disagree re: Motley, but I'd be happy with Oliver and De Paula.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#43 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
:-? Have you seen him play...? He's a decent three point shooter, decent rim protector with below average athleticism, a poor rebounder, a solid passer, and I wouldn't say he has a high BBIQ either - it's not bad, but it's not "high." Absolute best case scenario he's a bootleg Mehmet Okur...worst case, he's out of the league before he gets a chance to play a single game.

Anyways, give me Burton, Dozier, Trimble, Oliver, Motley, and Simmons (who I don't like at all, but there's no reason not to take a chance on a guy where there is no risk whatsoever). (I think some of them already signed deals, though. :( )

It would be really interesting having kp and Kornet out there the same time, The thing is if he pans out im going to be mad we didnt trade kyle o'quinn for a 1st

Not really. Kornet isn't good...at all. There's a better chance he never steps foot on a court than there is that he pans out. He also doesn't compliment KP. We also only have KOQ for one more year (2017-2018) because he has a player option which he'll undoubtedly use. We can bring him back, but he's looking at 10+ a year easily.

I wouldn't say he isn't good at all. I think he could be a solid floor spacer at the end of the bench. Kind of like Steve Novak a few years ago. Not as good a shooter yet like Novak but at least could hold his own on defense.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,146

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Any more news?

So far Columbia Center and Making Plans For Nigel?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#45 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
It would be really interesting having kp and Kornet out there the same time, The thing is if he pans out im going to be mad we didnt trade kyle o'quinn for a 1st

Not really. Kornet isn't good...at all. There's a better chance he never steps foot on a court than there is that he pans out. He also doesn't compliment KP. We also only have KOQ for one more year (2017-2018) because he has a player option which he'll undoubtedly use. We can bring him back, but he's looking at 10+ a year easily.

I wouldn't say he isn't good at all. I think he could be a solid floor spacer at the end of the bench. Kind of like Steve Novak a few years ago. Not as good a shooter yet like Novak but at least could hold his own on defense.

He's not even close to being in the same realm as Novak as a spacer and Kornet's lack of mobility on defense really hurts him (and offense).

IMO, the odds of him never stepping foot on the court are MUCH higher than him ever become a role player off the bench and still a good deal higher than Kornet actually being on an active roster. Kornet is a bad defender everywhere besides the rim, and he's nothing special there either. He's also a bad rebounder. :-?
Polk377
General Manager

Post#46 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

He's not even close to being in the same realm as Novak as a spacer and Kornet's lack of mobility on defense really hurts him (and offense).

IMO, the odds of him never stepping foot on the court are MUCH higher than him ever become a role player off the bench and still a good deal higher than Kornet actually being on an active roster. Kornet is a bad defender everywhere besides the rim, and he's nothing special there either. He's also a bad rebounder. :-?

Alright I'll take your word for it since you are the Vandy fan.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,933

Post#47 » by Jeffrey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Cameron Oliver is gone. Houston gave him a multi year deal
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#48 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:I wouldn't say he isn't good at all. I think he could be a solid floor spacer at the end of the bench. Kind of like Steve Novak a few years ago. Not as good a shooter yet like Novak but at least could hold his own on defense.

IF we are looking to bring in a Vanderbilt guy, I'm still interested in Jeff Taylor...but I doubt he comes over from Spain.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#49 » by Polk377 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:He's not even close to being in the same realm as Novak as a spacer and Kornet's lack of mobility on defense really hurts him (and offense).

IF we are looking to bring in a Vanderbilt guy, I'm still interested in Jeff Taylor...but I doubt he comes over from Spain.

What do you think of the Willis kid down the line?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#50 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Alright I'll take your word for it since you are the Vandy fan.

What do you think of the Willis kid down the line?

I like him a good amount, but I'm interested in seeing how he develops. He's got good tools on both ends (and a smooth shot), but he's gotta put it together. I like Matthew Fisher Davis as a potential 3/D guy in a few years (will be senior next year, but I don't think he'll be drafted...because he's still somewhat raw). Same goes for Roberson - better defender, but needs more work shooting.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#51 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:15 am

Dammit. I wanted the Knicks to sign Cameron Oliver. They short on PF's. What's their problem?
Polk377
General Manager

Post#52 » by Polk377 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:11 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Dammit. I wanted the Knicks to sign Cameron Oliver. They short on PF's. What's their problem?

Where are they short on PF's? KP, KOQ, Willy, Thomas, Ndour, Kuz, Melo are all capable of playing PF.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#53 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:48 am

Polk377 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Dammit. I wanted the Knicks to sign Cameron Oliver. They short on PF's. What's their problem?

Where are they short on PF's? KP, KOQ, Willy, Thomas, Ndour, Kuz, Melo are all capable of playing PF.

Especially in today's game, I'd say, right off the bat, KOQ and Willy are not capable of playing PF all that well, at all.
LFT, Ndour - not that good
Kuz - more a SF, but agree
Melo - agree, he's a PF now. I think they could use one more, I guess Nigel may be it.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#54 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Especially in today's game, I'd say, right off the bat, KOQ and Willy are not capable of playing PF all that well, at all.
LFT, Ndour - not that good
Kuz - more a SF, but agree
Melo - agree, he's a PF now. I think they could use one more, I guess Nigel may be it.

I think they needed one more "traditional" PF, or at least one that trends to that, if a tweener, as most PF's now are starting to resemble SF's anyway. But if we think of 17 roster spots now, I guess that means teams will go 3 deep at each position, plus another big and another guard, = 17. But then again, I'm not sure the way teams balanced a roster for an active 12 applies to 17 in the same proportion. With 5 extra roster spots, after maybe having at extra wing at 13, those last 4 spots would be all based on talent for development.

What I mean is, 12 man roster was, more or less, 2 guys per position = 10, plus almost always 3rd C and 3rd guard, usually a PG. Obviously not a 100% rule. If a team were to add a SF/wing at 13, that's basically 3 deep, everywhere, or 14 and a PF. Last 3 or 4 spots can be just about anything in a player as long as the team thinks he's got some developmental potential.

I'd guess (or I read somewhere) this expansion has something to do to getting closer to the reality of each team having a dedicated NBDL team, which I've been looking forward to for a while. A true, full blown, NBA minor league.

Return to New York Knicks