ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks 17 man Roster

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Re: Knicks 17 man Roster 

Post#21 » by N Y K » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Fixed

Melo or Lee can stay or go depending on what is offered
Noah we are stuck with

Kornet has already signed a 2 way deal with the Knicks. Thry plan on keeping him around.

What exactly is a "2-way deal"?

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/ywzepv/how-the-nbas-new-two-way-contracts-will-affect-the-draft-and-beyond

How do two-way contracts work?

Players under two-way contracts are paid on a tiered salary system. Each two-way player can sign a deal for one or two years, will make a $75,000 D-League salary next season, and also make additional money based on the time they spend in the NBA.

For each day that a two-way player is on the NBA team's roster—up to a maximum of 45—he will accrue one day of service and make the daily amount owed to him based upon the rookie minimum salary, currently set to be $815,615 for the 2017-18 season. Given that there will be approximately 180 days in the season in 2017-18, a two-way player could make up to around $203,903 in NBA money on top of their D-League salary.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#22 » by Scalabrine » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 am

ClydeRules wrote:We're not going to do The Process and have all kids like other teams have done. Phil has a two track approach and I think it makes sense. He's going to have a core of veterans and another core of youth and will blend them together. I can see us ending up with something like this:

C- Willy , Noah, Plumlee or Kornet
PF- KP, Oquinn, Ndour or Kuz
SF- Melo, Thomas, Tucker
SG- Lee, Baker, Dotson
Pg- Teodosic, Frank, Randle,

16- Artis
17- Hayes

Jaramaz goes back to Europe for one more year. Adding PJ Tucker and Teodosic ( a terrific passing PG) makes us very competitive short term and all of those kids are obviously good for our future. Plus we have draft picks going forward. If we traded Melo for Love we'd be even better because he fits our system more than Melo.

How does Love fit more then Melo?

He plays the same position as our biggest building block.
Go Knicks!
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#23 » by MadGrinch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 am

there is no reason to offer love for melo, the knicks cant go into the season with anthony and anthony has a NTC

just wait for the knicks to cut carmelo and get him for the min.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#24 » by DrCoach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:56 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:Is D.Inglis a real consideration?

For me he is, 21-22 yrs old, 6'8 point forward
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#25 » by DrCoach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 am

ClydeRules wrote:We're not going to do The Process and have all kids like other teams have done. Phil has a two track approach and I think it makes sense. He's going to have a core of veterans and another core of youth and will blend them together. I can see us ending up with something like this:

SF- Melo, Thomas, Tucker
SG- Lee, Baker, Dotson

16- Artis
17- Hayes

Jaramaz goes back to Europe for one more year. Adding PJ Tucker and Teodosic ( a terrific passing PG) makes us very competitive short term and all of those kids are obviously good for our future. Plus we have draft picks going forward. If we traded Melo for Love we'd be even better because he fits our system more than Melo.

Ummmm, that's the same roster I posted except you added 2 hypothetical players that we don't have :roll:
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#26 » by DrCoach » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 am

vallen wrote:
Biggie Smalls wrote:Noah can stay. He can add a lot to KP and especially Willy and its not like we are going to be competitive anyway so why would you want the cap space. Were not a FA away from anything, its going to take a while developing our youth. Not to mention that it would probably cost us assets if we want to get rid of that horrible contract.

you still want to remain flexible to be able to target players 25 and under in any rebuild. collect assets, assets become tradable, more drafts for the rebuilding teams. this is where Phil has failed us in the past, and where Phil always gets a pass. Any GM can keep their pics, but most rebuilding teams have a lot more then what we have to properly replenish their rosters. Its going to take us a long time to catch up.

OP, 2 or 3 players do not constitute a rebuild. and its beyond cocky to assume were going to be able "THEN look to compete" after 2 years in the lottery. DET, MIN, SAC,MIL, PHI, PHO, ORL have spent decades in the lottery, and only a few are starting to see positive results. all of these teams have often been active in acquiring multiple pics, we have not. were relying on league minimum pics. thats going to take a long while. were also going to be losing a 10x allstar in the process. dont expect anything for a while...

2 or 3 players added to our core would be a rebuild.

I'm ok with being Cocky
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#27 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am

DrCoach wrote:
Biggie Smalls wrote:Noah can stay. He can add a lot to KP and especially Willy and its not like we are going to be competitive anyway so why would you want the cap space. Were not a FA away from anything, its going to take a while developing our youth. Not to mention that it would probably cost us assets if we want to get rid of that horrible contract.

I like Noahs leadership

You like the way he leads from the bench?
Spoiler:
(I'm kidding, I'm kidding).
Go NY Go NY Go
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#28 » by egelband » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:25 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Fixed

Melo or Lee can stay or go depending on what is offered
Noah we are stuck with

Kornet has already signed a 2 way deal with the Knicks. Thry plan on keeping him around.

What exactly is a "2-way deal"?

I dunno.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#29 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 am

Ideally, we'd have at least one project on a rookie contract at every position.

PG: Naughty Fire
SG: Ntilikina, Dotson
SF: /
PF: /
C: Porzingis, Hernangomez

Ntilikina's and Porzingis' long-term positions are SG and C, respectively.

Then you need at least one vet at each position. The rest can be filled with healthy bodies and experiments.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,307

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:36 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:Ideally, we'd have at least one project on a rookie contract at every position.

PG: Naughty Fire
SG: Ntilikina, Dotson
SF: /
PF: /
C: Porzingis, Hernangomez

Ntilikina's and Porzingis' long-term positions are SG and C, respectively.

Then you need at least one vet at each position. The rest can be filled with healthy bodies and experiments.

Do Nigel Hayes and/or Jamel Artis qualify as projects for the SF position? I think so.

Baker is probably a project at SG but one entering the 2nd phase of being a project, the 2nd year where the guy develops more and understands the system (such as it is). By year 3, you know what you have - in terms of ability, projectability and if a keeper. Same for Plumlee at C. Assess, let them grow another year, have guys in the pipeline to replace and certain guys are on the short list to be cut for another guy (Plumlee, Randle more than Baker probably) if someone shakes loose from another team
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#31 » by reub » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm

DrCoach wrote:

SF- Melo, Thomas, Tucker
SG- Lee, Baker, Dotson

16- Artis
17- Hayes

Ummmm, that's the same roster I posted except you added 2 hypothetical players that we don't have :roll:

Ummmm, you left Kuz and Kornet off your list. They're both signed for next year. :)
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#32 » by DrCoach » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 am

ClydeRules wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

SF- Melo, Thomas, Tucker
SG- Lee, Baker, Dotson

16- Artis
17- Hayes

Ummmm, you left Kuz and Kornet off your list. Thet're both signed for next year. :)

I think u should look again :D
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#33 » by DrCoach » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:34 pm

We need a Vet at Every Position IMO

C-Noah-Perfect
Pf- Melo/Thomas Oquinn...Perfect
Sf-Melo/Thomas-Perfect
Sg-Lee-Perfect

We need a experienced PG to mentor our Young guards, I dont care if he plays or now, but somebody professional and plays the right way

OR

Make Prigioni a Asst coach and hopefully he an fill that void
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#34 » by Polk377 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:27 pm

DrCoach wrote:We need a Vet at Every Position IMO

C-Noah-Perfect
Sf-Melo/Thomas-Perfect
Sg-Lee-Perfect

We need a experienced PG to mentor our Young guards, I dont care if he plays or now, but somebody professional and plays the right way

OR

Prigioni has already agreed to a head coaching job in Europe......

I expect the Knicks will try to get a short term deal for a vet PG until Frank is ready. That guy will be Darren Collison. He will come at a discount compared to the rest of the PG market, someone you could move to the bench without concern if Frank is ready sooner than expected.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#35 » by DrCoach » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Polk377 wrote:

C-Noah-Perfect
Sf-Melo/Thomas-Perfect
Sg-Lee-Perfect

OR

I expect the Knicks will try to get a short term deal for a vet PG until Frank is ready. That guy will be Darren Collison. He will come at a discount compared to the rest of the PG market, someone you could move to the bench without concern if Frank is ready sooner than expected.

Id prefer we throw him in the fire but I still would like a vet PG to mentor him
Polk377
General Manager

Post#36 » by Polk377 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 pm

DrCoach wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

C-Noah-Perfect
Sf-Melo/Thomas-Perfect
Sg-Lee-Perfect

OR

Id prefer we throw him in the fire but I still would like a vet PG to mentor him

Either way Collison could be the scoring compliment to Frank's defense starting or off the bench.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I can't see the team not having any vets on it. they'll sign a vet pg or trade for one, and likely Noah stays for the bigs.

Yes, exactly. This year's pg market is full of guys that probably can start but would be better as backups ultimately. Which, tbh, would be perfect.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#38 » by reub » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Polk377 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Prigioni has already agreed to a head coaching job in Europe......

Either way Collison could be the scoring compliment to Frank's defense starting or off the bench.

We're not signing any 6 foot guards.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#39 » by Polk377 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

We're not signing any 6 foot guards.

:dontknow: its an option. I think if Phil had his wish we would sign Milos Teodosic but I doubt he comes over to play with us. He fits the Phil mold of Big PGs and plays the euro way he likes. Perfect fit for the Euro Knicks.
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#40 » by DrCoach » Sat Jul 1, 2017 10:07 pm

C- Willy , Noah, Plumlee
PF- KP, Oquinn, Labia
SF- Melo, Thomas, Hayes
SG- Lee, Baker, Dotson
Pg- Frank, Jaramaz, Randle

16- Kornet
17a Jaris