ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenyon Martin on Joakim Noah: 'That Boy Sucks...I'll Play Him for His Contract'

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Re: Kenyon Martin on Joakim Noah: 'That Boy Sucks...I'll Play Him for His Contract' 

Post#61 » by St Knick » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:46 pm

'Member the time K-Mart played half a season for us and was awesome (until he got hurt)?
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Re: Kenyon Martin on Joakim Noah: 'That Boy Sucks...I'll Play Him for His Contract' 

Post#62 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:54 pm

St Knick wrote:Image

'Member the time K-Mart played half a season for us and was awesome (until he got hurt)?

KMart had a bunch of good 1/2 seasons
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#63 » by DrKnick » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Member when K-Mart was the #1 overall pick in 2000?
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,328

Post#64 » by drekwins » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Noah is far from a bust. He won DPOY and anchored the defense on some really good teams. Rose honestly wasn't that great during his MVP season. The defense was just unreal and it allowed them to win with a med-to-low percentage volume shooter.

Careers used to regularly end shortly after players turned 30. The body breaks down. It's pretty typical. Not everyone can age like Iguodala.
Honestly, there's some guys in the 3 on 3 league that I thought had to be 50. Turns out, they just retired in their early 30s. He's close to that point.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#65 » by Greenie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 pm

People in here mad because dude is telling the truth?

KMart was a good defensive player and far and away the better offensive player.

His career was better. Stay mad because the world knows Phil fuqed up.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#66 » by NYKAL » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Greenie wrote:People in here mad because dude is telling the truth?

KMart was a good defensive player and far and away the better offensive player.

His career was better. Stay mad because the world knows Phil fuqed up.

not mad that its true, just ironic coming from a dude that seemed to be injured more often than he was healthy (just loke Noah). Other than his run with J=Kidd, dude has never been able to stay on the floor. And he was an a-hole when he was at the top of his game. Noah wasn't a bum at the top of his game in Chicago. Its disingenuous to even go there.
Crackerjack465
Senior
And1: 673

Post#67 » by Crackerjack465 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Noah was the best player on a few 50+ win Bull teams the years Rose went down. His peak wasn't "short" either, it was about 5 years. He was a great defender and probably the best passing center in the league. His peak became a cliff the year before he got here lol.

I'll take Noah over K-Mart. K-Mart was always an underachiever. 1 time all-star who never really was one of top players on any of his teams. Was just kind of there.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#68 » by Da_Mane_Man » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Yo, Kenyon was speaking some truth in this interview. Especially when he was talking about players being too friendly with opponents these days. the stuff on Noah was funny too. Right now, it's true. It's on Noah to prove it's wrong.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#69 » by emo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Y'all really in here slandering OG TRIPLE OG?? If y'all don't get the hell up on outta here!

K-Mart was an absolute FORCE before the injuries hit. He anchored those Nets teams that ran the East for a nice stretch,
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#70 » by emo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 pm

That is the last season that I enjoyed some Knicks basketball.

Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#71 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:59 pm

emo wrote:Image

That is the last season that I enjoyed some Knicks basketball.

Hmmmmm what play was run to get him that dunk

We don't want shots like that :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#72 » by ccvle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 am

drekwins wrote:Noah is far from a bust. He won DPOY and anchored the defense on some really good teams. Rose honestly wasn't that great during his MVP season. The defense was just unreal and it allowed them to win with a med-to-low percentage volume shooter.

Careers used to regularly end shortly after players turned 30. The body breaks down. It's pretty typical. Not everyone can age like Iguodala.
Honestly, there's some guys in the 3 on 3 league that I thought had to be 50. Turns out, they just retired in their early 30s. He's close to that point.

Players didn't retire in their early 30s. At least not the players that were good in their 20s. If you look at the history of players that won dpoy, they all played to their mid to late 30s.
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#73 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 am

Fury wrote:All Kenyon Martin should be doing is sucking Jason Kidd's dick

This, showed the greatness of Kidd who pretty much took a couple of one dimensional bums to the finals. Everyone talks about AI taking the 76ers to the finals how about Kidd with KMart, Richard Jefferson, a washed up Zo, a washed up Vince Carter, etc
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#74 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:38 am

"Can't be no team leader when you on the training table everyday"

Kenyon was an electric athlete and a legit tough guy but he isn't the one to talk here. They both rode the coat tails of star players the majority of their careers.
BUT Joakim carried his team when Derrick went down and was a defensive player of the year.
Kenyon might be right that Joakim is severely overpaid but so was he. And let's not forget Kmart was a #1 pick overall that never quite lived up to his spot. Joakim was thought to be a defender and leader and he has lived up to it and exceeded his draft position.

Like I said tho, he ain't the one to be talking here.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#75 » by N Y K » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 am

kenyon martin bored with his life, talking **** to anyone that will listen right now
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#76 » by MC3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 am

You paying Chicago legend and we paying Heat legend. And Pat Riley is somewhere smiling over both this sorry ass franchises.
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#77 » by nyczlegacy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 am

i'll take kmart right now over a fully healed noah

noah is a scrub
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#78 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:11 am

This is how you know Knicks fans blindly defend the team.

Same ones trashing Noah are the same ones defending him just because K-Mart is taking shots at him.

Guess what? Noah fu*king sucks, why is ANYONE caping for him?
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#79 » by Hemispheres » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 am

Noah does suck now and the contract Phil gave him should be a crime.

However K-Mart was also talking **** about prime Bulls Noah. Prime Noah >>>> Prime K-Mart. No question imo. Makes Martin seem awfully salty and petty.

Don't got a dog in the fight so I don't really care just a bad look talking trash about a player who was better than you. As Tim "Beetlejuice" Thoomas put it, K-Mart is a fugazi.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#80 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:I would take Noah's career over that bust who could only dunk in the game.
compared to what else was in that draft can he really be called a bust, not much to choose from. that whole draft was a fail

but id take Kenyons career if were talking strictly basketball. but id love to be a 70 million dollar player/coach/towel waver

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks