ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyrie's trade demand thread part two: Day Two Thread two

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Re: Kyrie's trade demand thread part two: Day Two Thread two 

Post#1201 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 pm

the problem with a minny trade is that teague probably has to be included to make salaries work. and he can't be traded for awhile and the cavs probably have no interest in him. also, windy said minny refused to trade wiggins for butler so might not make him available.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1202 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 pm

donkki wrote:
Mecca wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
it is the same

Exactly, except Frank was a widely regarded top 10 prospect in a loaded draft. Next years class isn't as deep

Some people are overvaluing the Frank pick. I would say also that Frank is a most likely bust out of the top draft choices.

Oh like The no defense playing bum Lauri you was sweating cause he is from Finland.... Sure. Go be a Bulls fan
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1203 » by F N 11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Teague and Kyrie. Yeah makes sense. Also how is that his team when Towns is pretty much the man.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#1204 » by moocow007 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Ntilikina (and salaries) for Irving I would consider. Not going into picks and/or Porzingis.

The Cavs will look at you and ask what good [fill in the blank] you have been smoking. Frenchie is an unproven talent ... cmon let's be real. The Cavs will ask for picks. Sorry but that's the reality.

:lol: I'm trying to support the other folks in this thread that thinks Frank alone is too much to give up. Yes, of course the Cavs are not going to be happy with that offer.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1205 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:windy on mike and mike saying the cavs likely have no interest in melo. they would rather get a piece that is younger. they're thinking past lebron. said wiggins fits the bill.

That makes sense to me. I don't get the infatuation with Wiggins, he's basically a scorer. Yes he is young but he doesn't pass, rebound, or defend. And he's an ok outside shooter.

He's a good player don't get me wrong but he's not the player I want to build around...but they are the only team that knows really what LeBron plans on doing. If he's going to stay Wiggins makes no sense...if he's leaving I guess Wiggins makes more sense but Wiggins and Love might not even get you into the playoffs...

i'm not a big fan either. i think love is gonna be shopped too eventually.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1206 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:windy on mike and mike saying the cavs likely have no interest in melo. they would rather get a piece that is younger. they're thinking past lebron. said wiggins fits the bill.

That makes sense to me. I don't get the infatuation with Wiggins, he's basically a scorer. Yes he is young but he doesn't pass, rebound, or defend. And he's an ok outside shooter.

He's a good player don't get me wrong but he's not the player I want to build around...but they are the only team that knows really what LeBron plans on doing. If he's going to stay Wiggins makes no sense...if he's leaving I guess Wiggins makes more sense but Wiggins and Love might not even get you into the playoffs...

Its not about any of that, other than having a very young talented player coming back. Cause the reality, is they will have a bunch of space and options in like the next 2-3 years or so to rebuild the team. By then wiggins is only 25.....
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1207 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 pm

K P 6 wrote:Teague and Kyrie. Yeah makes sense. Also how is that his team when Towns is pretty much the man.

they say that's being overblown. which is kind of obvious from some of the teams he chose. he wouldn't be the man with the spurs either. he sees the writing on the wall and wants to get out before he's stuck without lebron. also, he probably wants to be traded so he can get that harden deal instead of what he would be paid as a free agent. we're probably only on his list because this is home.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,478

Post#1208 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Its not about any of that, other than having a very young talented player coming back. Cause the reality, is they will have a bunch of space and options in like the next 2-3 years or so to rebuild the team. By then wiggins is only 25.....

I mean I get it, a young 20 pt scorer. I could see get the young asset and figure out sh*t later. But I mean you really would be punting LeBron's last year in CLE then. In all reality CLE is going to be horrible once LeBron leaves why not give it one more go and then bottom out for a few years?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1209 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I mean I get it, a young 20 pt scorer. I could see get the young asset and figure out sh*t later. But I mean you really would be punting LeBron's last year in CLE then. In all reality CLE is going to be horrible once LeBron leaves why not give it one more go and then bottom out for a few years?

Cause you have to worry about what you can control vs what you can't. LeBron is Fickle and is not really Loyal. If they will be bottoming out then it works even better getting Wiggins. Cause you will be adding good young talent in the years they have picks and also have money to spend.
WeSkrongDen
Junior
And1: 184

Post#1210 » by WeSkrongDen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Swapping Melo for Kyrie really doesn't give the Cavs any shot. They're already behind the Warriors and just got worse with that move
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1211 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:22 pm

GM LeBron is not letting Kyrie get flipped for future pieces when he's out in a year.

That's why it'll be a combination of young pieces and vets. I don't see him going to the Spurs. LMA and Love are way too similar of players.

Timberwolves have Teague that can't be flipped until December.

Knicks vs. Heat really.

Heat can offer Dragic to win now, Winslow, and Bam or picks.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,400

Post#1213 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:36 pm

K P 6 wrote:Teague and Kyrie. Yeah makes sense. Also how is that his team when Towns is pretty much the man.

He's not the man at San Antonio either.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,400

Post#1214 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Mecca wrote:GM LeBron is not letting Kyrie get flipped for future pieces when he's out in a year.

That's why it'll be a combination of young pieces and vets. I don't see him going to the Spurs. LMA and Love are way too similar of players.

Knicks vs. Heat really.

Why would they listen to Lebron who's walking out in a year? They'll screw their franchise for the next decade to listen to Lebron for one year?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1215 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Mecca wrote:GM LeBron is not letting Kyrie get flipped for future pieces when he's out in a year.

Knicks vs. Heat really.

Why would they listen to Lebron who's walking out in a year? They'll screw their franchise for the next decade to listen to Lebron for one year?

If they move Kyrie for future assets, Cavs completely give up on next season with arguably the 2nd best player of all time on their roster.

Also increases chances of LBJ leaving.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,587

Post#1216 » by Lord Commander » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,695

Post#1217 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:43 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

That's fine by me and i said two days ago that i think he ends up with MInn cause they have the assets needed to make a trade for a stud like KI. Now the Knicks should try to find a way to be a 3rd team and get in on the deal.

If you're Minny how much better does Kyrie make you especially since you just committed to Teague and can't trade him until December? I don't think those guys can play with each other either...

I honestly think Cleveland either takes a chit package from someone or patches things up similar to when Kobe was going to the Bulls
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#1218 » by F N 11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm

How the mighty have fallen. Fansided articles being posted and taken seriously.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
WeSkrongDen
Junior
And1: 184

Post#1219 » by WeSkrongDen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

That's fine by me and i said two days ago that i think he ends up with MInn cause they have the assets needed to make a trade for a stud like KI. Now the Knicks should try to find a way to be a 3rd team and get in on the deal.

If you're Minny how much better does Kyrie make you especially since you just committed to Teague and can't trade him until December? I don't think those guys can play with each other either...

I honestly think Cleveland either takes a chit package from someone or patches things up similar to when Kobe was going to the Bulls

They can trade him to anyone, those teams he "prefers" mean almost nothing
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1220 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm

K P 6 wrote:How the mighty have fallen. Fansided articles being posted and taken seriously.

You realize that they are just proposals from some random person, right? Nobody is taking them as legit rumors. You have it out for the media just as much as Trump does...

Return to New York Knicks