ImageImageImageImageImage

Vaccaro: Zeke living in his own world

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Vaccaro: Zeke living in his own world 

Post#1 » by duetta » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:37 pm

January 3, 2008 -- I WANT to live in Isiah Thomas' world. I do. I want to wake up in the morning, and even though the thermometer insists it's 23 degrees in the sun, you can walk the streets in your Bermudas and your tank top and your flip-flops and have to keep the sunscreen at the ready.
I want to go to lunch, eat my hamburger and fries, then close my eyes really, really tight and convince myself that I've just consumed filet mignon and a side of lobster (with drawn butter). I want to step on the scale at my health club on the day after the holiday season ends and discover that I have - tada! - lost 25 pounds!

I want to live a life unburdened by facts, unaffected by reality. If possible, I would love it if my boss would accompany me into that world, because once he does he'll never want to fire me, no matter how unreadable my columns become, no matter how many times I misspell "Krzyzewski," no matter how many participles I dangle.

"Well done!" my boss will wail with delight. "Four more years!"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032008/sp ... 398540.htm
hustlenflow
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#2 » by hustlenflow » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:26 pm

I disagree, Isiah doesn't live in his own world.
He's completely immersed in this one.
He isn't delusional or unaffected by reality.

He's just the most stubborn man of all time.
Part of being a grown ass man is realizing that you've made a mistake, at least to yourself if not to others, and correcting your mistakes.

Isiah's like a 8 year old kid stomping his feet at KB Toys, determined to get what he wants, its just too bad he doesn't deserve squat.
CPThree wrote:OH I'M JERKING TO THIS DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MOMS IN THE SAME ROOM
-- On Lin's Game Winning 3 Against the Raps
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,273

Post#3 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:05 pm

Its the MSG propoganda machine. Thats a big reason why Dolan loves him. Isiah can spin anything with that sly smile on his face.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#4 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:22 pm

hustlenflow wrote:I disagree, Isiah doesn't live in his own world.
He's completely immersed in this one.
He isn't delusional or unaffected by reality.

He's just the most stubborn man of all time.
Part of being a grown ass man is realizing that you've made a mistake, at least to yourself if not to others, and correcting your mistakes.

Isiah's like a 8 year old kid stomping his feet at KB Toys, determined to get what he wants, its just too bad he doesn't deserve squat.

Can someone rework the above as a poem?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx

Return to New York Knicks