ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondo's Performance Should have us thinking Westbrook

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

tommydee10
Junior
And1: 0

Rondo's Performance Should have us thinking Westbrook 

Post#1 » by tommydee10 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:03 am

I;m on record saying trade the pick with Randolph if the right deal presents itself, but Rondo's work makes me think that a TRUE PG may be the move.

Is it Westbrook.

And for the last time, Mayo is NOT a PG.:banghead:

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2008/06/09 ... efinition/
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:05 am

Watch Rondo last year
DDV
General Manager

Post#3 » by DDV » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:07 am

westbrook wasnt the pg on ucla collison was
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#4 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:26 am

Um...Mayo IS too a PG...wtf are you talking about?

He is more of a "PG" then Westbrook is.
ShowtimeAve
Ballboy

Post#5 » by ShowtimeAve » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:52 am

ahhh shutup
Time To Bring A Few Championships Back Home!
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#6 » by YungNeef » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:00 am

If you want a true PG, Walsh should trade out of the top 10 and get Augustin, since he is the 2nd best true pg in the draft. After we get our Rondo, we need a big 3 because we can't have a Rondo without the 3 stars around him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#7 » by GONYK » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:05 am

YES. Westbrook=Rondo!!

Step 1. Draft Westbrook
Step 2. Get 3 HOF'ers for him to pass to
Step 3. Watch him look good because he is the last thing on the opposing defense's mind
Step 3. Enjoy the results!!!!!!

It's that simple!
tommydee10
Junior

Post#8 » by tommydee10 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 11:50 am

wow guys thanks for clearing that up for me.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#9 » by Slimpack » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:33 pm

NYKnicksfan11 wrote:Um...Mayo IS too a PG...wtf are you talking about?

He is more of a "PG" then Westbrook is.

I disagree with Mayo being a PG, I don't however with him being more of one than Westbrook is. In any case, we shouldn't draft by need.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#10 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:07 pm

Rondo doesnt have to do anything but manage the team the knicks need someone who can make plays for himself and others as well as shoot.

You have to look at how much responsibility does Rondo have for the teams offensive production .Rondo maybe has 10% responsibility while if he was the on the knicks it would be closer to 50%.

The one things Ive taken from this playoffs is that the nba is full of homecourt superstars now and that the true key to success is being able to get 3 starters to play well together everynight .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#11 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:14 pm

Put Rondo on the Knicks and we would still suck. We need the best player available.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#12 » by Zerostatic » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:40 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Rondo doesnt have to do anything but manage the team the knicks need someone who can make plays for himself and others as well as shoot.

You have to look at how much responsibility does Rondo have for the teams offensive production .Rondo maybe has 10% responsibility while if he was the on the knicks it would be closer to 50%.

The one things Ive taken from this playoffs is that the nba is full of homecourt superstars now and that the true key to success is being able to get 3 starters to play well together everynight .
Exactly, that is how role players/average players get over-rated on very good teams. Kind of reminds me of Damon Jones on the Heat when Shaq and Dwayne won them a championship. People on these very boards where saying that we should get Damon Jones cuz he would open up the offense and I was just shaking my head at these idiots (of course Damon Jones signed with Cleveland and ended up being an overpaid bum). I'm not saying Rondo is bad, because I actually like his game but people better not get amped up and start thinking that he's capable of being some kind of savior. I mean, you could put Mardy Collins or Nate Robinson on a team with Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen with the sole responsibility of managing the tempo and on occasion hitting wide open shots and I'm sure they'd look pretty good too.
LightsOut514
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by LightsOut514 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:41 pm

GONYK wrote:YES. Westbrook=Rondo!!

Step 1. Draft Westbrook
Step 3. Watch him look good because he is the last thing on the opposing defense's mind

It's that simple!

This is the correct response. We can worry about adding a Rondo after we've got 3 stars on level with Garnett/Pierce/Allen. We need the best player available. If you think the Celtics are winning because they have a true pointguard in Rondo, you're crazy. You can get a guy like Rondo in every draft or via free agency every year. We need stars, or the closest thing possible, which is why Gordon, Randolph, Alexander etc should be the direction we go in.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#14 » by TKF » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:59 pm

GONYK wrote:YES. Westbrook=Rondo!!

Step 1. Draft Westbrook

It's that simple!

For real.... Once I saw rondo had 16 assists last night, I was afraid this board would be full of, lets get________________ player, he is just like rondo..

Well on the real, I don't like rondo, he is a good athlete, good defender, but has no game, no shot and I am tired of that weak fake behind the back pass he does, that fools absolutely no one!!!

But hey, I would draft westbrook if we can also add, lebron and duncan.....

:lol:
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#15 » by TKF » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:01 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Rondo doesnt have to do anything but manage the team the knicks need someone who can make plays for himself and others as well as shoot.

that is why the pistons were so tough.. they had 5 starters that usually played well every night.. that is just tough to beat in a series...
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: Rondo's Performance Should have us thinking Westbrook 

Post#16 » by kosmovitelli » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:52 pm

tommydee10 wrote:I;m on record saying trade the pick with Randolph if the right deal presents itself, but Rondo's work makes me think that a TRUE PG may be the move.

Is it Westbrook.

And for the last time, Mayo is NOT a PG.:banghead:

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2008/06/09 ... efinition/

And last year after watching Tony Parker destroying Daniel Gibson and an injured Larry Hugues, you thought "let's draft a PG" ?

Rondo plays in a system where he can pass to Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. He can go inside and outside, Pierce can penetrate, Allen can shoot from the perimeter, Garnett can post up. Lots of options for any PG.

I also remember Jamal Tinsley having several 20+ assists games during his rookie season. People thought he was a future All Star PG but guess what ?
He had Al Harrington, Jermaine O'Neal and Brad Miller in the frontcourt and Reggie Miller + Ron Artest in the backcourt.

I like Rondo but Nate Robinson could have 15 assists in this system.
At #6 I'm not excited to draft a Rondo or a Nate. I want a PG who will have an impact on the team, someone who will make his teammates better and not the opposite.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#17 » by ComeOnKnicks » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:26 pm

Rondo likes to pass up shots! :D
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#18 » by GONYK » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:33 pm

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For real.... Once I saw rondo had 16 assists last night, I was afraid this board would be full of, lets get________________ player, he is just like rondo..

Well on the real, I don't like rondo, he is a good athlete, good defender, but has no game, no shot and I am tired of that weak fake behind the back pass he does, that fools absolutely no one!!!

But hey, I would draft westbrook if we can also add, lebron and duncan.....

:lol:
Hell, I would let Shaun Livingston run this team with one leg if we could add Lebron and Duncan
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#19 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 6:51 pm

Rondo = Brevon Knight at best

Although Brevon is a pretty good PG...Rondo is still nothing special
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#20 » by richardhutnik » Mon Jun 9, 2008 7:11 pm

YungNeef wrote:If you want a true PG, Walsh should trade out of the top 10 and get Augustin, since he is the 2nd best true pg in the draft. After we get our Rondo, we need a big 3 because we can't have a Rondo without the 3 stars around him.

If Augustin is the 2nd best PG in the draft, why not just take him at 6? You trade down, you risk not having him for one thing. Also, would you trade into the 20s just to "trade down"?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx

Return to New York Knicks