ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Daily News: Ron Artest has eyes on Knicks stint

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#21 » by xxrainnn » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:00 pm

Ron Artest to NY rumors.. zzz

It'll never happen.. they're just going to keep dishing us the same crap over and over again.
Retired Jersey
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Retired Jersey » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:41 pm

Isola gets ZERO leads as it pertains to the Knicks anymore. This is a case of him staking out a WNBA game because he knew Artest was there and attempting to get something, ANYTHING, to report/write about. This is not news. This is bull and all you guys need anti-bacterial mouthwash cuz you're all eating it up!
Retired Jersey wrote:Just call him Russell Westcrook© <--- (cuz he's from Cali and he'll be getting mad steals)
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#23 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:12 pm

that laundry list of questionable acts by Artest is hysterical!
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#24 » by Big Chan » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:12 pm

I would rather sign Artest outright for the MLE since the "money doesent matter to him" and then play him at SG. He is a slow little for SG but he would be the perfect fit there in D'antonis offense. Look at how Bell thrived?

Ron loves to shoot thees (perhaps a little too much) and would be an absolute nightmare for opposing 2s to guard. If we draft westbrook that is a great defensive backcourt.

if you put artest Chandler and either Lee or Gallanari in there at the 2,3,and 4 that would be a good start to playing in D'antoni's system.
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 97

Post#25 » by lloydj » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:29 pm

Ron Artest?, Knick Small Forward?, Absolutely Yesssss!............... 8)
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#26 » by mjhp911 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:58 pm

nyknicks09 wrote:No way in hell Walsh brings Ron Ron into a team he is running. Specially a team that's being thru some rough time while Isiah was the GM/Coach. Our Knicks need players that can represent themselves and the franchise in a positive manner.

In other words this is a player that wants to play for the Knicks. Just like the rest of the one's that need a bid pay day. Walsh brings a positive impact to this franchise. You have to earn your money while Walsh is specially if you want a contract from the Knicks.

I would agree. I don't think Walsh is going to bring someone in who can rock the boat like Ron can. We already have a couple of guys who might 'lose it' during the season, in Marb and Z-Bo. Walsh is going to play it 'conservatively', as it pertains to team chemistry.
Citris
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#27 » by Citris » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:11 pm

C: Randolph
PF: Lee
SF: Artest
SG: Chandler
PG: Crawford

+ #6

Robinson, Balkman, Jeffries

Pretty tough, talented group.

Would be cool to trade Mardy for a 2nd rounder, draft guard or tall F/C
Sign bpa for lle.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#28 » by F N 11 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:19 pm

If this means Chandler will be slow to develop I say Hell to the No. He says its for the Love, Maybe he comes here for a 2 Year 8 Million Dollar deal who knows.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#29 » by ctorres » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:55 pm

Retired Jersey wrote:Isola gets ZERO leads as it pertains to the Knicks anymore. This is a case of him staking out a WNBA game because he knew Artest was there and attempting to get something, ANYTHING, to report/write about. This is not news. This is bull and all you guys need anti-bacterial mouthwash cuz you're all eating it up!

Bro, Isola didn't write this article, it was some other guy.
DA NEMESIS
Ballboy

Post#30 » by DA NEMESIS » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 am

I, like many on this forum, spent the last few years counting down til Ron-Ron can't opt out; just to watch him bee-line for New York.

However, the very minute Walsh signed on, all hope flew out the window.

No way Artest finds himself in a Knick jersey.. ..mark my words.
"MEDIOCRITY IS UNACCEPTABLE"
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#31 » by BasicBall » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 am

I'm with it....Play Wilson at PF, Ron at SF...Let Eddy play center, do the Zach deal and bring in Reggie Evans, Sign Monta Ellis....Bring Naldo, Jared, Q-Rich, Evans and Nate off the bench....Run, Drive, Shoot and defend!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#32 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:39 am

wilson at pf ? basicball you're one of a kind. how exactly are we signing monta ellis by the way. did you trade marbury and jerome james for him ? :rofl:
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#33 » by BasicBall » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 am

god shammgod wrote:wilson at pf ? basicball you're one of a kind. how exactly are we signing monta ellis by the way. did you trade marbury and jerome james for him ? :rofl:

Do you stalk me out of admiration?? In D'Antoni's system I can see Wilson being used at PF....sorry to think outside the box....I also saw somewhere that Monta admired the D'Antoni system....Marbury MIGHT be here or he could be dealt or bought out, same goes for Big Snacks!

But I go back to my original question, "Do you stalk me out of admiration?"
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#34 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:50 am

BasicBall wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you stalk me out of admiration?? In D'Antoni's system I can see Wilson being used at PF....sorry to think outside the box....I also saw somewhere that Monta admired the D'Antoni system....Marbury MIGHT be here or he could be dealt or bought out, same goes for Big Snacks!

But I go back to my original question, "Do you stalk me out of admiration?"

look, you post really dumb things and i'm forced to comment. and for the good of everyone lets hope they padlock that box you're thinking out of so you can't get out anymore.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#35 » by BasicBall » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:08 am

god shammgod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

look, you post really dumb things and i'm forced to comment. and for the good of everyone lets hope they padlock that box you're thinking out of so you can't get out anymore.

:rofl: You are so right, the genius displayed daily in this forum is unquestionable.....I have alot more posting to do, just because it disturbs you! :nod:
Retired Jersey
Banned User

Post#36 » by Retired Jersey » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 am

ctorres wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bro, Isola didn't write this article, it was some other guy.

*Oops* my bad...you see how little attention I pay to the NY Daily News? :lol:
Retired Jersey wrote:Just call him Russell Westcrook© <--- (cuz he's from Cali and he'll be getting mad steals)
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#37 » by TwelvePac » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 am

Yeah, lets bring Ron Ron here. We need a little bit of soap opera over here.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Lottery Bound » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:17 am

It's kind of funny to see how one person asks Artest a question about wanting to play for the knicks where he/she gets "yes" for an answer and almost immediately every single media outlet comes out with something like "Knicks looking to get Artest".
the bizness
General Manager

Post#39 » by the bizness » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:21 am

eh, I guess if he's willing to come for the MLE why not. I bet he's angling for a sign and trade though. He doesn't really fit into a rebuilding plan really but if we're going to be giving Steph and Zach major minutes next year anyway we might as well see if it could work. I'm not really worried about off the court issues but I have a feeling Walsh and D'Antoni would be.

Return to New York Knicks