ImageImageImageImageImage

The State of the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

The State of the Knicks 

Post#1 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Isiah has left us in horrible situation! We then bring in Donnie and Mike. D'Antoni coaching style doesn’t fit half of the players on this roster. I really wish we would have brought back JVG, or signed Mark Jackson or Tom Tibb's (assistant coach of the C's and ex-Knick assistant). But, that is another story for a different day. We need to make this team better than we have been. So lets go over the Roster one player at a time and try to figure out how they are going to work into the Team.

Renaldo Balkman - Love the Kid! ie. my username. I think he is a real good guy off the Bench. Like a 7th or 6th man. He did digress last season, but i think he fits this coach well. Remember the Suns were the other team who like him. (2 years)

Wilson Chandler - I can not blame Isiah for the players he has drafted. (Every one he drafted turned out pretty good. Unless, he drafted Sweeney, but he still turned him into a chip.) I think Wilson has Real Potential. I think Right now he is a 8th or 9th man. He is a rotation guy on some nights. (3 years)

Mardy Collins - He digresses last season. He is a 3rd Point Guard, who can maybe become the primary backup. He is probably a 12th man at best right now. (2 years)

Jamal Crawford - Was the MVP of the Knicks last season 20.6 ppg and 5 apg. He is at a highest point right now. I would like to keep him on this team I think he can become a leader. He is are Starting Point Guard or Shooting Guard. (3 years)

Eddy Curry - I was so excited last year when we got Zach to come play with Eddy. I thought that Zach's game was outside enough, that Eddy would get the ball. I guess not. I really don't know how he will fit. Like Shaq did in Phoenix? He totally digresses in 2007-2008. He really needs to step it up. Eddy is a candidate to get traded; he just does not rebound enough! (3 years)

Fred Jones - (Free Agent)

Jerome James - 15th guy on the roster. Total BUST! We might as well buy him out! So I do not have to see his name on the roster. (2 years)

Jared Jeffries - Another BUST! He is the 14th man on this roster. This is a guy we need to move now! (3 years)

David Lee - This guy is great! He lost some of his rebounding numbers. I think it might have something to do with Zach. But, he is a double double machine! He is in the last year of his deal! Now this is a BIG factor. Is he worth more than the Mid-Level? If we don’t trade him now, he can just go a walking for the mid-level on say a San Antonio type team. But, the kid is a Baller. I really hope we keep him, but we have to think Value here kids. (Last Year)

Stephon Marbury - (Last Year)

Randolph Morris - What a great move by Isiah to get this guy! He is a WIP, he can go anywhere. If we can get him back I would put him as are backup Center day one, because he is definitely more serviceable than JJ. (Free Agent)

Zach Randolph - His numbers dropped as well. He is a 20-10 guy. He is 26 years old. There are questions about if a team can win with this guy on it. He is are starting Power Forward if we keep him. I say if Detroit wants him, I would do a deal like Zach Randolph, Jared Jeffries and the 5th pick for Rasheed Wallace, Amir Johnson, Arron Afflalo and 29th pick. (Trade ID #4677102). (3 years)

Quentin Richardson - What happened to this guy? He is 28 years old. I think if healthy he can be are starting Shooting Guard or Small Forward. He was a Sun, before he came here. Q knows the Run-and-Gun System. (2 years)

Nate Robinson - Nate is kinds of in the same boat as David Lee. But, Nate had a Career Yea, really breakthrough. He got it! But, with his value high, is he worth the mid-level? Probably not! This is where Nate's situation is different. I am not sure if there is one Team in the NBA who is under the cap or one who will be under the cap next season. So if that is the case we can probably keep him with no worries, unless someone wants to sign him to the mid-level. (Last Year)

Malik Rose - Trading Chip if that. (Last Year)

Guys with two years left on their deals will probably not be moved at all. I think Jerome James should be bought out.

Guys in their last season, will either be chips, or guys we just let walk. I would not mind a Earl Watson (2 years) and a pick for a Milik Rose (Last Year).

Now, guys with three years are a problem. LBJ becomes a free agent in three years, the 2010 off season. If we do the proposed trade I have up top (see Zach Randolph), we would only have Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford on are roster as players who are not in their rookie contract (Wilson Cahndler will be going into his last season). Unless we sign David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, and Mardy Collins. Either way we are going to have to do a Sign and Trade to get LBJ. Which will be very hard with this grouping of players. Even if we are not trying to get LBJ. This is a rade that can put us in the right direction. There is not a clear cut player that is going to make are team that much better now or in the future.

Don’t forget about New York's own 2009 1st round pick to Utah via Phoenix (top 22 protected in 2009, and unprotected in the 2010 Draft). [New York - Phoenix, 1/5/2004 and then Phoenix - Utah, 2/19/2004]. So we wont have are pick the off-season of 2010.

With the Proposed Trade: (This Year)
Curry
Wallace/Lee
Balkman/Chandler
Crawford/Richardson
Marbury/Robinson

role players: Collins, James, Rose, Affalo, Johnson, and Morris (need to re-sign)

Return to New York Knicks